Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Top secret laser for sale.

daguin

It's not a very pressing matter. :p

It would probably be easier for Brad to just dim it and wave it on a wall quickly. :)

-Trevor

No worries. This just sits in my desk drawer. I have my "intruder blinder" by the side of my bed. It has one of the complex o-n-o-f-f switches in it.

I know that I am old skool, but if I am in a situation where I might need an S-O-S signal, I probably have much more pressing things to take care of than switching my flashlight on and off ;)

Peace,
dave

Pilgor

I've been looking at this flashlight for awhile, and I thought to myself that it would make a fun laser. Good luck. +1

What on earth is a PEEPS ? is that a baby chick, are you calling the nOObs baby chicks now, I rather like that better than nOOb, A PEEP yea thats got a ring to it :eg:
How about a pEEp nOOb :crackup:

I think it's great that Peeps are trying new things; even if they don't exactly turn out all that useful.:beer:

Carpel-tunnel.....:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

@BH Kudos for conceding to the Borg. The Borg must assimilate. Now, the issue of getting >1W for any reasonable length of time is going to be a hat trick.

Im going to post some pics of the AAA holder to see if you guys can help me mod it.

jayrob

Screw it, you guys annoyed me enough..

P5110025.jpg

P5110024.jpg

P5110022.jpg

Click for video:

So how it works is you click the button its on, click again its off.

But if you hold the button with the dim facing up, then as you rotate your wrist it gets dimmer, then you let go and it stays at that power.

If you hold the button on strobe facing up, as you turn your wrist is gets slower.

then there is nightlight and that is if it isn't moving at all its really dim but if it moves it goes to full power.

Then there is Signal, if you turn your wrist it turns on but if you move your wrist back to normal position it turns off. Good for Morse code.

Then there is SOS, hold that then it does SOS morse code.

Then buy holding the button while the laser is straight up in the air and then rotating it to hit the floor it locks. Then to unlock it do the same thing.

Here is a video demonstration of the flashlight:
YouTube - Maglite® XL100

I have one of those lights...

They are really cool! :cool:

But I did not want to try to modify it into a laser because it looks a little tricky...

The battery holder is a really custom set up that gives contact pads for both positive as well as negative on the tail end...

So if you do use the stock battery holder, you will have to go with 3 X NiMH's in series. Which will not be a lot of capacity for a high current build.

But the switching in the tail is really trick... Some type of magnetic switching or something...

Last edited:
This is official now! Jay has posted in the thread. ;)

Thanks for the kind words jay. Do you think there is a way to mod it to run them in parallel?

+rep :D

Last edited:

jayrob

Yes but not with the trick tail switching...

I really don't know, but that's my gut feeling. Because there are positive and negative contacts on the tail end of the battery pack...

I don't understand how it all works, but for sure it will have to be converted to a normal set up that we are used to with a normal switch if you wanted to use a different battery holder and set it up for parallel 10440's.

Maybe just try using 3 X NiMH batteries in series and see how the switching works for a laser build??

That's what I would experiment with first. NiMH's will give plenty of current. But your just not going to have a lot of capacity is all... (not for a high current build anyway)

I'd say go for a 12X with 3 X NiMH's! :) (or e2 lithium's)

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Goodjob man! I hope you find a battery holder solution, I really like the modes aswell, Cool :D

Just a random idea but if you place all the batteries with positive to the positive side (e.g. battery holder top) and all the negative battery sides to the bottom of the battery holder wouldnt it work?

jayrob

Looked at the battery pack a little closer...

It looks like positive on one end, but both positive and negative on the other end. (tail cap end)

Then there are two spring loaded pins that will make contact on both ends. These pins are continuous. Not sure what they are for, but I would guess that there is a need to make contact with something from the tail end, to the front end... (maybe negative)

It's a tricky looking set up... :thinking:

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that when it comes out it will be available in 405, 445, and 660.

Screw it, you guys annoyed me enough.

So how it works is you click the button its on, click again its off.

But if you hold the button with the dim facing up, then as you rotate your wrist it gets dimmer, then you let go and it stays at that power.

If you hold the button on strobe facing up, as you turn your wrist is gets slower.

then there is nightlight and that is if it isn't moving at all its really dim but if it moves it goes to full power.

Then there is Signal, if you turn your wrist it turns on but if you move your wrist back to normal position it turns off. Good for Morse code.

Then there is SOS, hold that then it does SOS morse code.

Then buy holding the button while the laser is straight up in the air and then rotating it to hit the floor it locks. Then to unlock it do the same thing.

Here is a video demonstration of the flashlight:
YouTube - Maglite® XL100
See Ben... now that wasn't so hard....

And like T_J posted... you could have saved yourself a week
of annoying posts and got some help in the mean time had
you posted that right away...

Even though some of the functions may be useless... I think
it will be a unique Laser to have in the stable... whether built
or bought...

Jerry

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Jerry.

Sorry if I was an @$$ to anybody during this.
See Ben... now that wasn't so hard....

And like T_J posted... you could have saved yourself a week
of annoying posts and got some help in the mean time had
you posted that right away...

Even though some of the functions may be useless... I think
it will be a unique Laser to have in the stable... whether built
or bought...

Jerry