Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Top secret laser for sale.

Looks pretty cool.

You should put the pic/video in the OP so newcomers to the thread can see it easily :beer:

Maby experience or lack there of had something to do with it rember this kid is only 16 and dosn't even have drivers license :whistle:

Yes he might be 16, but he made a awesome build. Im only 17.

Last edited:
uummm guys i hope you do know that telling people your age on this forum is not the best idea in the world...you must be an adult in the country you reside in to have membership....technically speaking...not a good idea to be throwing out your minor status...

besides how would it look to the feds when they see that under aged kids are making class 4 lasers in their homes....

lol nobody reads disclaimers anymore do they...its just click click click away. its for legal purposes as i hope you already know...

So does this thing use an accelerometer? If not how does it sense the motion?

Cool concept btw...

Last edited:
This probably doesn't help the subject up front, but I've been known to act 14 sometimes :whistle:

I believe so because when you move it you can kindof feel something inside the tailcap moving.

If that is the case then they may be using
a ball in a cage sensor.... although I can see
it for the up/down lock mode. I can't see it
being used for the dimming/flash change modes...

Didn't you need to open it up to see how it
operates and test it before hooking a $35- $50.00
LD to it...:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:
Pretty cool build. Not sure if it needed to be secret for so long, but it was better than I anticipated. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

i've been out of town so a little late to the party lol. i have been working on that host. i am around the corner from ontario where maglites are built. i was sooooo close to buying just the empty frames with battery holders then when it came down to purchasing i was handed over to a new person and they didn't like what i was going to be doing with them so the canceled it lol.

Last edited:
I have one of these (still a flashlight). I got it as a gift.

I can see some limited value to the dimming and maybe the lockout (for safety) although I prefer a physical lockup to an electronic lockout.

However, the rest of the "modes" would seem pretty useless for a laser.

Nightlight mode looks downright dangerous for a powerful laser.

Also, it looks like the stock LED is only pulling about 430mA. That switch may indeed cause problems when trying to drive a 445nm at higher currents

You have to hold the switch for it to dim.

Also, for the other modes to kick in, you have to hold the button for a full second

Peace,
dave

there is an XL-50 model that does not have a rotary switch. it is only a 3 mode low, high, strobe model. the swtich is not a clicky. it is a membrane switch.

michael.