Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

'Tis a Sad State of Affairs

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=daguin link=1239550497/64#79 date=1241067130][quote author=laze_doctor link=1239550497/64#78 date=1241065711]I'm guessing it would be safe to say that this qualifies as your worst day ever!

Actually, no.  As maddening as this is, it is just "stuff."  I have had much worse days in my life where it wasn't just "stuff."

Peace,
dave[/quote]
You're a good man.
I wouldve done something that would get me in prison...

[highlight]Anyways, did you get kicked out 'cause you were cheating?[/highlight][/quote]
He didn't get kicked out, he LEFT! It was the missus doing the cheating :p

^^Dude, read the thread.  Already answered more than satisfactorily.

ETA: ^Beat me to it.

HumanSymphony said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1239550497/64#80 date=1241068107][quote author=daguin link=1239550497/64#79 date=1241067130][quote author=laze_doctor link=1239550497/64#78 date=1241065711]I'm guessing it would be safe to say that this qualifies as your worst day ever!

Actually, no.  As maddening as this is, it is just "stuff."  I have had much worse days in my life where it wasn't just "stuff."

Peace,
dave[/quote]
You're a good man.

[highlight]Anyways, did you get kicked out 'cause you were cheating?[/highlight][/quote]
He didn't get kicked out, he LEFT! It was the missus doing the cheating :p[/quote]
I was kidding...

diachi

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=HumanSymphony link=1239550497/64#81 date=1241068581][quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1239550497/64#80 date=1241068107][quote author=daguin link=1239550497/64#79 date=1241067130][quote author=laze_doctor link=1239550497/64#78 date=1241065711]I'm guessing it would be safe to say that this qualifies as your worst day ever!

Peace,
dave[/quote]
You're a good man.

He didn't get kicked out, he LEFT! It was the missus doing the cheating :p[/quote]
I was kidding...[/quote]

It wasn't particularly funny ...

Blu-Ray_Junkie said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1239550497/80#84 date=1241099614]It wasn't particularly funny ...

Not at all...[/quote]
Ok, I confess...
I wasn't kidding... I should've read the thread. :-[
I just didn't want to look like an idiot...

Sorry everyone :-[

Hi Professor,

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you, it's really awful. I wasn't even aware of it 'till today when I became acutely aware of your dramatic cutback in attendance here (posts). In an attempt to figure out what was what, I came across this thread.

If the one thing wasn't bad enough, you got the other back to back... that's a lot to bare, I hope you are managing it and I hope you have a few close friends looking after you! But always look at the bright side; you have your pointers, 8X & labys and you're a professor, which means an unlimited opportunity to meet someone new... speaking of which, did you see Elegy? Highly recommended... ;) :D

Fwiw, I also got burglarized back in February, for the second time in a row. I posted it as a "sidebar" in my Univet Safety goggles review as they had taken my goggles, having mistaken them for sunglasses. They Probably thought they were Pradas... :rolleyes:

The first time (about two years ago), they took my heirlooms (my father's watch in college, his father's watch and even my great grandfather's watch) . They also took my wedding ring & my mother's ring too. :cryyy:

This time they couldn't find any jewelry so they took my entire Swatch collection (about 25...) :scowl:, my Elie Bleu humidor :eek: (which, since I quit smoking a while back, I was going to use to store my lasers... :cryyy: ) and some electronics. At least they left my favorite (& at the time, only) LP (a 70mW green in a beautiful leadlight black anodized finish).

But little did I know that the worst thing they could do to me was to take my car keys (both sets). I own a "humble" '95 Ford Mustang but here in Vienna, it's an exotic import... . When I called Ford Austria, they said they couldn't help me because Ford Europe doesn't sell Mustangs. When I called Ford USA, they told me they couldn't verify my identity so they couldn't send me a replacement key...

:wtf:

Long story short, I had to give some shady guy over $250 just to get me one replacement key (just the key, not even the remote). Once I get the key, I will drive the car to a Ford center where they at least managed to get the OEM door/ ignition locks for the car. I couldn't get anyone to tow my car without the risk of breaking one of my windows to get in, hence the need for that $250 replacement key. Which will be used one time only...

Luckily I have home as well as car insurance. Unfortunately neither one is prepared to cover my key, or the door/ ignition locks, for that matter, which will cost another $1200 to replace... :yabbmad:

Last but not least, I've been looking for the solution almost as long as I've been waiting for my IgorT 6X... I'm so tired of waiting for stuff... sniff. And although our public transportation network is tops, getting on w/o a car for four months is really no fun, no fun at all...

:banghead:

So, at least regarding your latter problem, I can safely (& sadly) say, join the club...

Well, good luck with everything and be sure to keep us posted as we care about you, professor!

Holy crap! I just noticed this thread. Absolutely dreadful! What a double shot.

I hope things pick up for you soon.

lazer

OMG I too missed this! I'm so sorry. I had a 5 ounce 24 karet gold bar and a 4 karet tanzanite stolen about a year ago, I suspect it was the stupid contractor working ont he house. Did they take any safety goggles? Would be funny if they turned one on and zap one eye gone then they would probably turn it on again to see if it really was the laser that blinded them and zap their goes their other eye.

k1kb0t

Sorry to hear that Daguin, sounds like it could have been worse. People who steal suck.

Some history should be reviewed to show us how we have handled it as the months and years go have gone by.

How did we do? Did we learn to live through it? Only you can answer for yourself.

although I have been saving up for a rigel, I will probably put that money forward towards dave ;)

although I have been saving up for a rigel, I will probably put that money forward towards dave ;)

You do realize this thread is well over a year old right? I would hope Dave would have recovered by now.

I am rather curious as to if any of the stolen items ever turned up anywhere though.

I get your point Jay, but things like this need to be buried. No one wants to reflect back on bad times. As soon as I started reading the first post I felt bad all over again. I'm sure Dave wouldn't feel any better.