Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

'Tis a Sad State of Affairs

Dave;

That's unfortunate, to lose many of those things that provide enjoyment.

No thrill of discovery from your "grab-bag" of diodes.

And the rare "8X".

Don't let it affect your pioneering leadership on this board.

LarryDFW
Easter Morning

daguin

It's mostly just "stuff." I will be fine after my anger ebbs.

The police were here 20 minutes after I got here ;) I don't want them on the street any more than the police don't

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
It's mostly just "stuff."  I will be fine after my anger ebbs.  

The police were here 20 minutes after I got here ;)  I don't want them on the street any more than the police don't

Peace,
dave

Absolutely terrible.... I hope you can at least recover some of your lost possessions :(

Wow, that is .... I am literaly lost for words Dave, I feel for you I really do. I hope the police will do some quick work for you and recover at least some of your posessions.

Regards Rog

Kenom

I've tried pawning some of my lasers and pawn shops won't take them. So I wouldn't expect those to show up any in any of the pawn shops. Not to mention thieves know that the pawn shops are legally bound to give copies of all the pawn tickets monthly to the police. So unless they have a burning desire to get caught as the police look through the tickets to compare to stolen items reported, they won't be going to pawn shops.

Dave, is your college in the same "town" as your apartment? Maybe you can mention it to some students and they may be able to get your "incident" more public and have some students lookin into it. I'm sure that your "magnetic personality" is as dynamic as it is here and you have a lot of students who would stand by you just as we do here.

Sorry to hear of this Dave. Let me know what I can do to help. (You know, a .45 for retribution, my old M-9 bayonet for up close and personal satisfaction.) Sorry, cannot offer a specific course of action on an electronic medium.

HK_USP.jpg

M9_bayonet.jpg

Kenom

Oh and I'm sure that RPL still has the serial # for your lasers so you can contact them for some specifics.

Dave,

I really don't know what to say... I'm speechless. I am so very sorry that your life has been turned upside down. Either incident on its own is pretty horrible, but to get a one-two punch like that...  :-[

Take care and best of luck.

T Warne

Jaseth

I am so terribly sorry for your loss  :( My house was broken into this Christmas and a lot of jewelry and a few electronics were taken. I am still worried whenever I leave my home, even though the whole house is now covered with spotlights, sensors, alarms and extra locks. I know how awful it feels, especially to lose something like rings, necklaces and so on which have so much personal value. It is also a damn shame that the F¤#"%&* got your weapons so they are now dangerous.. and your RPLs for that sake!
I constantly browse through magazines and web pages selling laser and electronics and my mother always looks at jewelry online, so we will be on a look for any sign of your stuff.
Hope someone catches those creeps, but most of all that you get some peace of mind.

Edit: Any pictures of jewelry, gems and coins taken would be of great help in locating your stolen property.

Seb

Wow is all i can say. People in the world theses day. It makes me wonder what its going to be like when i grow up :(
I really hope that you end up getting your RPL back. Not only that, but that sense of security that you lost in this ordeal.

Sincerely and hope for the best
gotwake424

I am very sorry to hear Dave. I checked Craigslist for you...no results. Are you in the San Diego area? I'll keep looking for you.

-Mark

Jaseth

I also thought I would just show you these: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.826
They are really cheap alarms which I myself purchased after my break in. They are easy to put up and basically make a continuous loud noise when the two parts are seperated, attracting the attention of anyone nearby and waking you if they go off while you are asleep in the house. They are far from high tech and do not guarantee any protection but most thieves are young, nervous and stupid and will most likely run off in the belief that it's a full blown burglar alarm. About 1½ months after the break in these actually scared off a burglar so there was nothing missing except part of a window ;)

I hope you can use some to make you feel more relaxed when leaving your house and perhaps avoid a future break in until you can get a proper system installed. That is if DX can deliver them before this year has passed :p

Best of luck with everything and I, along with my mother and all my laser friends will be looking for your things.

Seb

Sorry to hear about the loss and all the hassle. I hope that you get reestablished soon despite the insurance issue. When I was younger, I also liked firearms and owned several rifles, shotguns and handguns. I never believed in gun cabinets or trigger locks as these things can be drilled, pried or smashed by the thugs. What I did was remove the cylinder from revolvers, remove the clip and slide from automatics, remove the bolt and trigger group from my mini-14 and so on. These removed critical parts were stored hidden separately from the guns. Sure enough, while I was away on business, my home was broken into. I lost stereo, CD's, boom box, loose change, etc. They left the freezer open and my food rotted. Typical punk stuff. They broke the gun cabinet open. They went through the incomplete guns, and threw them all on the floor in a pile. I'm glad that I stored my guns with parts missing. The investigating officers were also glad that no guns made it onto the street that day. Insurance sucked, took over a year for them to pay out. Did you notice anyone watching as you moved boxes in? Odds are that either the punks themselves or a close friend of theirs live within 6 houses of you, saw you move stuff in Tuesday night and leave, and then decided to go help themselves.

Sorry to hear about that Dave; hope your stuff gets recovered... I've had my place broken into while I was out hunting, stupid punks stole 3 flats of homeloaded shotgun ammo and all my powder :mad: I hope I double/tripled charged a few shells by accident ::)

digital_blue said:
Sorry to hear about that Dave; hope your stuff gets recovered... I've had my place broken into while I was out hunting, stupid punks stole 3 flats of homeloaded shotgun ammo and all my powder :mad: I hope I double/tripled charged a few shells by accident ::)
Hey D_B...
I suggest when you go hunting.... you change your prey... :eek:
I can't wait until someone tries to rob me again.... ::)
They'll pay for everything that was stolen from myself and my friends....
before the authorities arrive... (Oopps... he/they fell down the stairs...)

Jerry