Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The official Kenom donation thread

Kenom

That is an incredibly generous offer. I honestly don't know what to make of it... Flabbergasted and bamfuzzled. I'll get back to you when my jaw gets off the floor.
Ken

lol. think of it as a random act? XD and ok... take your time to get back to me. i'll try to check in here and there.

i finished 5/7 pages of the minimum for my paper :D i'm sure i can easily whip up 2 pages...hopefully more. i past the hump as they say :p this long ass paper terrified me so i procrastinated til the night before, but it's way easier than i thought XD just sharing my good news... hahaha.

Kenom

I sometimes love writing papers. I find it odd that I'm so good at it. I mean when I first started college 2 years ago, I was barely high school level english and math, so I had to take some basic classes to refresh my knowledge then I moved into a higher level english class (not real high) and my professor liked my writing so much that she is using my papers as examples of good compare/contrast essays for future classes.

yeah i sucked at english when i first entered college... i placed in highschool level. surprisingly enough i took a creative writing at the 300 lvl and PASSED :D LOL. now days i'm majoring in philosophy so reading and writing are still important. i guess through out life there are those like on/off switches that just clicks that certain "genius" section on.

*bump* lol :p

Don't know you that well, but hopefully i can send some money for you tomorrow. I hate to see stuff like this happen to people :( I hope things turn around for you and your family.

cmak

I'm shocked beyond belief at these tags...

almost as shocked as I am of your situation... you are a great person and truly an asset to the forum and the community. Thank you so much for the help you provided me that one time over video chat, and kudos.

I'll be sure to donate some $$ to help you out. Best of luck with the sales, and I hope your situation betters asap.

peace & thanks
-cmak

Fu#@k the Jerk Off Moron that is posting those TAGS...
He should Be found out and be ostracized ....

I have been having another problem for about a week now.....:undecided:
My problem as a Manufacturer and suppiier.... is with your
ability to supply your new PRO annd USB LPMs while your
posts seem to be pointing to the fact that you are on the
verge of being homeless...

Something doesn't seem to balance...
Either the business works fine.... Or the business is
in the dumps..

Any input would help in the Confirmation of a viable logic
answer.....

Jerry

in the dumps..

answer.....

Jerry

It's costing him some money to get his meter up and selling. That will be his source of income in the near future. If you're a manufacturer and supplier why not help him with lower cost parts? I think that would help quite a bit. :)

EDIT: Don't bother paying attention to the tags... the more you do the more fuel you give to the moron who's doing it

Kenom

in the dumps..

answer.....

Jerry

Well, at this point I'll probably go back into the shelter that provided me with a stable place to stay the last time I hit bottom. While I'm there, I've got a lot of free time in the evenings and always have a roof over my head as I move from one church per week. Do you know how easy it is to stay somewhere for free, keep a few things you need for daily living and maybe a hobby, and work on getting yourself into a better place? I can order components and have them delivered general delivery at a specific post office and I have to go and check periodically if I've gotten mail or have it sent to the day center at the shelter. So, as such, I will continue to sell whatever meters I can and dig myself from this hole I've found myself in.

I don't have a "business" I have a side gig building a product I love. In a good month, I will sell quite a few of them, but my profits are very low. In a bad month, I'll sell nothing. The bad months are typical, where I will go 4-6 months without selling a single meter or laser

Lets put this in terms that any moron can understand. (not implying anyone is) I have NEVER in my 38 years made more in wages/business profits, than $15,000 a year. EVER!! I've never been able to purchase a home, only rent, and that's been barely. I always qualify for food stamps and my children are always on medicaid (not me) This is not a sob story. I went to school specifically to better myself and my career options. So that I could finally have a house of my own or even a car that wasn't 20 years old.

I blew $2,000 of my hard earned money that could have been used for many other things to invest in overlays for my meters. So that my builds could finally look professional (not just on the outside but the inside too)

So yes, I will continue to access the interwebs at any possibility to check to see if anyone else is interested in purchasing a meter. They will be as always built to order.

Well, at this point I'll probably go back into the shelter that provided me with a stable place to stay the last time I hit bottom. While I'm there, I've got a lot of free time in the evenings and always have a roof over my head as I move from one church per week. Do you know how easy it is to stay somewhere for free, keep a few things you need for daily living and maybe a hobby, and work on getting yourself into a better place? I can order components and have them delivered general delivery at a specific post office and I have to go and check periodically if I've gotten mail or have it sent to the day center at the shelter. So, as such, I will continue to sell whatever meters I can and dig myself from this hole I've found myself in.

I don't have a "business" I have a side gig building a product I love. In a good month, I will sell quite a few of them, but my profits are very low. In a bad month, I'll sell nothing. The bad months are typical, where I will go 4-6 months without selling a single meter or laser

Lets put this in terms that any moron can understand. (not implying anyone is) I have NEVER in my 38 years made more in wages/business profits, than $15,000 a year. EVER!! I've never been able to purchase a home, only rent, and that's been barely. I always qualify for food stamps and my children are always on medicaid (not me) This is not a sob story. I went to school specifically to better myself and my career options. So that I could finally have a house of my own or even a car that wasn't 20 years old.

I blew $2,000 of my hard earned money that could have been used for many other things to invest in overlays for my meters. So that my builds could finally look professional (not just on the outside but the inside too)

So yes, I will continue to access the interwebs at any possibility to check to see if anyone else is interested in purchasing a meter. They will be as always built to order.

$2,000 for the overlays?!?!?! WOW I did not know they were THAT much Ken...

Don't get me wrong Kenom...

It is just a question that I ask as a potential buyer...
Up to this point I have bought a total of Seven (7) LPMs
from you... and to Invest another +$400.00 I need to know
whether there will be any available professional service after
the purchase...
As you explained it above... I would be buying an "ultimate in
Hobby laser power meters, with a professional power meters
attitude" from some guy in a homeless shelter...

At $400.00... and selling more than one (1)...you are making a
profit (even if it is a small one)... and I saw the name " Kentronics Inc. "
on a posted drawing. All that is called a business in my book...
unless you are giving your LPMs away for Free.

I feel for you and your hard times Kenom but I'm really... really
sorry to say... it doesn't inspire confidence that my next LPM from
you is being built in a homeless shelter under... I don't know... what
conditions...

I sincerely wish you luck getting out of your situation... and I hope
your sales will help you do that...:cool:

BTW... IMO you spent way too much on 75 simple overlays...

Jerry

Kenom

Haha kentronics Inc was just something Mario threw on the label.. Not that I use the name. I understand what your saying tho.

... and want to help a very nice and helpful vet overcome these hard times please send a donation...
Damn right he is and damn right I do... done!
(+1 for starting this drive :beer:)

Don't get me wrong... I would be buying an "ultimate in Hobby laser power meters, with a professional power meters
attitude" from some guy in a homeless shelter...
Wow Jerry, it's not difficult to "get you wrong", considering how you worded that... I'm not even sure this is the right thread for this topic, either. I'd also like to point out that the Kenometer Pro is a venture involving at least three members, all that have put in considerable time and effort into the project.

I know you to be a no-nonsense man who speaks his mind but there is a time and place and maybe this isn't the time nor the place...

"God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes
'Cause then you really might know what it's like
to sing the blues
Then you really might know what it's like...

I've seen a rich man beg
I've seen a good man sin
I've seen a tough man cry
I've seen a loser win
And a sad man grin
I heard an honest man lie
I've seen the good side of bad
And the down side of up
And everything between
I licked the silver spoon
Drank from the golden cup
Smoked the finest green