Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Hardest thing I have ever had to in my Life

Howdy All hope all is well with you and yours ;)

I used to think the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life was when
I quit smoking but I was wrong !

Saturday I had to do the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life !
Watch my mom pass into the other world :angel: once she got in bed
from her last bad spell it only took three weeks befor she went, she
died at 7:10 on saturday evening. she had been on oxygen for 12 yr.

She was a smoker for over 60 years and it finally cought up to her and
this is the reason I am writing this today, I am hoping to get to a few of
you out there that have loved ones and that you or them are smokers !

PLEASE stop smoking, this is nothing to be doing, all you will get from it
is greef, a unhealthy life and a early death ! not to mention all the money
you will spend trying not to die from them in the later years of the addicition.

I myself smoked cigs for 30 years (about the only regret I have) and one
day I told myself I had enough, enough coughing, enough chest pain,
enough smelling bad to my friends, enough spending money on something
that was only going to kill me befor my years were done !

Most people think they can not live with out cig's I would ask the question
then, what makes you different than people that don't smoke ?

You can quit all you have to do is do it, you will feel much better in a couple
weeks and have more money in your pocket to spend on lasers :D

If I can get just one person to stop smoking cigs this thread will be worth it !

Peace All...

BTW for thoese that have orders placed with me there is now going to be
a week to 10 days more added to the delay, Sorry !

Last edited:

:(

So sorry for your loss Jeff, she is in a better place. May your mother rest in peace. You have my condolences friend!

With regards,
Dan Efex

I want to say I'm very sorry for you and your family to be going through this. It is very honorable that Today you are posting this thread. After such a big thing to go through you are still trying to help others with the memory you keep. I'm very sorry for the loss and really can't know (truly) how you feel right now "I have only lost other family members not my Mother", but I wanted to say I feel for you buddy.

burner

So sorry to hear about your Mom. I am dealing with my Dad right now. He's basically on his death bed.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

mfo

Sorry for your loss Jeff. I watched them take my grandfather from me when I was 16. I finally decided to try a cigarette when I was 22 years old, took one pull and threw it away. I don't understand how anyone could ever smoke :\

I'm really sorry to hear about this, I can't imagine how it feels.

It's good to see you're taking it easy, my best wishes to you and let's hope for a quick and complete recovery.

I know you were having a tough time with her being ill, Jeff. I'm sorry to hear she has passed. I hope it helps bring your family together, and make you stronger in your appreciation for each other.

DTR

Jeff I am so sorry for your loss. I know it has been very hard for you over the last couple of weeks. As you know I also was with my grandmother for the last two weeks in the hospital and was there with her when she finally passed. Death of a loved one is a very hard thing to come to terms with but the only thing in life that is forever are the memories of those we have loved. Hold onto those memories as they are the one thing that makes life worth living. Like my grandmother I know they are in a better place now looking down and watching over us.

Last edited:

Tonga

Very sorry for your loss Jeff. You are so right my friend! I lost my father to this, glad to hear you stopped. I never smoked but I know its a very difficult thing to stop once started. Your mother is well in a better place, peace be with you and your family.
David,

jakeGT

Sorry to hear that Jeff, just be happy for her now since she is in a much better place than here, and no more pain or anything, my best wishes for you and your loved ones.

Same thing happened to my Grandma, and both my Great grandfather and Grandma on the other side of the family. It sucks because it is so unavoidable. Smoking has absolutely no use if you aren't addicted >.<

My condolences, Jeff. Hang in there. Thank you for looking out for the health of others here as well.

You have my thoughts and prayers Mr. Flaminpyro. Thank you for sharing this with us. I'll bet that would be one of the hardest things anyone has to do!