Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Hardest thing I have ever had to in my Life

Sadly I cannot think of anything to write to you that hasn't already been said, so I will just let you know you are in my thoughts and I hope the next couple of weeks get better for you and yours.

My condolences and I do not know how I would react being in your shoes. Unfortunately its a reality of life, but it doesnt make anything easier.

Thanks All for your kind words they mean so much comming from all my friends hear at LPF you guys are great :D

You are so right DTR memories are what will get us through.

My condolences to your family my friend for your loss.

Peace All...

Jeff I am so sorry for your loss. I know it has been very hard for you over the last couple of weeks. As you know I also was with my grandmother for the last two weeks in the hospital and was there with her when she finally passed. Death of a loved one is a very hard thing to come to terms with but the only thing in life that is forever are the memories of those we have loved. Hold onto those memories as they are the one thing that makes life worth living. Like my grandmother I know they are in a better place now looking down and watching over us.

jayrob

Very sorry about our Mom Jeff...

Hope you have lots of family and friends to pull together for each other.

I used to smoke a pack and a half a day... Those things were tough to quit too. But I agree with you, that it is just a matter of making up your mind and sticking to your decision.

Sorry For your loss FP.:(

I Lost my Grandpa a few years back and it is a very hard thing to get over. But i know you are a strong person inside and being around love ones should make it a little better.

My condolences go out to you.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jeff. I went through something like that with my dad, and I know how hard it is. It says a lot about your character that, even now, you're thinking about helping others. Hang in there.

Sorry to hear you are hurtin' bro, true words about getting others to quit.
I guilt tripped my old man into quitting almost 7 years ago.
I asked him why he smoked and he said "because I like it"
I basically told him " I'm really gonna miss you" and walked away.
2 weeks later he quit, He gained a bit of weight but at least I'll have a dad for a while. We also do more together now like scuba diving, mtn. biking, hiking, etc. because he has more wind.
My dad is one of my best friends and because he had the strength to quit we get to continue a great friendship.

You have my sympathy Jeff. I know what its like to lose a parent. My dad was really the best friend I ever had, he gave me my love of aviation, and interest in electronics. a true mentor. When he died a piece of me died. I do at least still have my mom, and I realize how important they were to who I am today. What I am trying to say is, everyone who is lucky enough to still have there parents with them, cherish every moment. My thoughts are with you Jeff.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss my friend. For sure she is now in a better place along with her parents looking down to you and yours.

I haven't been around here for some weeks, and precisely I am quitting smoking. With the help from some electronic cigarrettes I have switched completely from normal cigarettes to these harmless devices, (no smoke, no nicotine, no cough, no bad smells). Also no harm to anybody. Maybe in some time I don't need even these anymore. I am trying to do my best.

For anybody interested in quit smoking, here are my words, these e-cigs can really help, from the first moment. At least (without nicotine) they are harmless. I encourage to try them, they have helped me.

My Condolences Jeff, what else is there to say that hasn't been said already ??? Hang in there bud. I smoked for 10 years, had the good sense to quit 3 years ago, best thing I did.

I'm sure she'l be looking down from above :angel:

CDHDC

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Try and view it as a positive thing. Positive in that she is now in a better place, living life free of pain and the limits of these physical bodies. Hold on to all the good memories and celebrate her life;) I pray for your speedy recovery and peace within yourself. - Corbin

Kenom

Jeff, I will add my own heartfelt condolences.

I have smoked now for 25 years and within the last 3 weeks have transitioned over to electronic cigarettes. I have tried multiple times to quit smoking with no success so I figured I'd give the Ecig a try. I've now been 1 week without a cigarette at all, and plan on moving from 16mg of nicotine I am getting in the Ecig, down to 0mg over the next 2-3 months. The initial transition from analog (what ecig users call cigarettes) to the PV (personal vaporizer) was rather difficult since I knew it wasn't a real cigarette. However now I don't smoke analogs at all and only hit the PV about 5-6 times a day. I no longer stink of cigarette smoke, can actually taste my food, am getting my breath back, and the flavor of the ecig (cherry is my fav) is pleasant for everyone to smell around me. The thing wasn't marketed as a cessation device, but I am using it for this purpose and have every confidence that it will work where others have failed.

^^^Kenom,

I was a smoker for 11 years and iam still young only 25. I quit smoking 1 year ago witch was a 1 pack a day of Newports.

I have also switched over to E cigarettes. It has been 1 year now that i have been using E cigs and my health has gotten better. Even my doctor says it. Not that he approves e cigs.

I can breath, sleep,taste better. I also gained like 20pounds over the year of not smoking.

I see you are new into e cigs and i have been using them for a wail. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION THAT YOU WANT ANSWERED. THAT GOES FOR ANYONE ELSE AS WELL. Iam no Expert in them but i know alot.

Hope this Helps.