Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tattoos anyone?

ARG

2) how do I pay for it?

Speaking of that, how much would a one color, 5x5cm tattoo cost? I've looked into most things, except price. :p

Willing to pay for someone who can do a good job. I've seen too many bad tattoo's on the internet; I don't understand why people would take a risk on a guy doing tattoo's out of his garage when it's something you'll wear permanently.

Last edited:

Whenever I get the money, I plan on getting a sleeve of dragon scales up both arms, and maybe even my hands.

Depends on the artist really. Depends on how many colors and how much detail is put in.

I'd guess $50 - $150.

My artist charges $100/hr for anything estimated at over three hours, and shorter jobs based on size/detail. He's a friend of mine though so he only charges me about half for the longer jobs and 75% for shorter ones. The above tat of Frejr took 9hrs and cost me $500. My greatsword (7" x 2") was $250, took three hours, and has 8 colors in it.

I'm contemplating getting another very shortly, probably $150-200, either going to max out the card I've been using for tats or put it on an unused empty one. I'm so far into medical debt that bankruptcy is almost certain so I might as well spend what I can while I can on things that can't be repo'd.

Question for you guys... is possible to tattoo over scars? Any upsides or downsides to doing that?

I have an ugly raised scar on my left forearm... have been thinking for a long time about doing something with it.

The older the scar the better it turns out. It's definitely doable though as long as the artist is skilled at it. It requires additional technique, and prolongs healing time is all.

Some artists specialize in scar cover ups.

benmwv

Speaking of that, how much would a one color, 5x5cm tattoo cost? I've looked into most things, except price. :p

Willing to pay for someone who can do a good job. I've seen too many bad tattoo's on the internet; I don't understand why people would take a risk on a guy doing tattoo's out of his garage when it's something you'll wear permanently.

Mine was $60.

I know some guys who got "basement tattoos" and thats not something I ever wanted. I made sure the artist was good and I could trust him not to screw it up.

Don't worry about pain either, its not that bad.

I didn't even tell my parents. I had turned 18 a while back so I just went and got it then told them. "WHAT!" "Too late haha"

Ya, the pain is nothing. Now I actually feel very relaxed while getting inked. The worst part is babying the damn thing for the first ten days. I got moisture lock on a section of my last tat because I couldn't get the excess moisture out from under where it scabbed, and it got infected. It scabbed because I didn't notice a bit of patchy microscabs that I failed to scrub off 24hrs after getting inked. It took an extra week to heal basically as a result, and the spot is slightly faded. Shocking the moisture lock / infection with 99% isopropyl alcohol allowed it to heal up without any damage to the tat, luckily.

If you didn't have to keep it from getting wet or retaining moisture it would be a hell of a lot easier to care for.

Gentlemen... these are for you;

dkJaJg8.jpg

0w53oP0.jpg

1HNgpLE.jpg

UV3BWIy.jpg

kxs6rJ1.jpg

RDrwqE8.jpg

2QhEsD7.jpg

euT1sRG.jpg

KAWfqXm.jpg

96J8uvJ.jpg

SumGccL.jpg

wow ^^ me likey!!
and the Tats are nice too!!

Can't find the pic-- IIRC it was done in prison (nah!? really!) & I think the dood drew what he waned and we dont know if the '
Artist' knew of the misspelling but When the guy has to show it to the cops he may be in even bigger trouble. Across his back in HUGE letters

COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]WHITE

POWDER
[/COLOR]

if you want to see more just google (not goggle) Tattoo misspellings
here are many here are two..

laugh at this..
My friend Jason got his GFs name in his arm

'Erica' then they had a BAD breakup.
he got more ink- had her name changed to 'God Bless America'
I had to ask him which america as there are more than just one. lol

Any way 6 months later... as you may have guessed, they got back together and now he has her name on his other arm.. true story

The last attachment has nothing to do with tats but just had to add it..

Attachments

• Tats.jpg
    Tats.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,641
  • tats misspelled (Medium).jpg
    tats misspelled (Medium).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 3,045
  • Untitled3 signs 3.jpg
    Untitled3 signs 3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
@infinitus: Did you wind up geting your left forearm tattooed?

this is the coolest tat I have seen in a while, I especially like the shell bursts above the city it reminds me of the good old days when I used to do that and get paid for it :crackup: I would have paid them to let me shoot some one else's $40,000 worth of fireworks :crackup:

I won't do it, no way..... notta, not, nyet.... nope.. I guess I have a bad impression of the folk who have tatoo's and I know it is in complete error to think that way. I wouldn't even consider going out with a girl who had a tatoo, now isn't that narrow minded, what does a tatoo have to do with how wonderful they are? People are strange, but I can't help it unless the tatoo is extraordinary.

That said, I just saw some awesome ones in this thread, now those girls, wow (that B&W one of roses is awesome)... such bod's and the art so beautiful, that I could be happy with :) just that many women have such so so uninteresting poorly done tatoo's, those are the ones that turn me off and a tatoo in the tramp stamp area... arrrgggg...

I once saw a girl showing her tatoos all the way down to her inner thigh in a bar, no underwear on, some dude came up to her and wanted to flirt, she took his glass of beer and bit half of the rim off of it.. this girl was hard core, had tatoo's of spiders on her neck and some ugly ones all over the place, she was beautiful otherwise, such a shame. Left a lasting impression on me, I guess. That was 35 years ago, today it seems tatoos have become more of an art, or there are more artists doing it for people.

Last edited: