Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Laser Open Thread

Garoq

Thanks rvrh3, we will continue to work on that!

-Gary

Thank you for having taken the lead and started this business and made it possible and straightforward to buy components for the laser hobby. You really are one of a kind in the USA. Your customer service is excellent and so are your products.
While I do understand that you're a small operation, I hope that you guys find a way to improve your ship times some time in the future.
Cheers! and thank you!

hello. great site with really good stuff!
About the S4X 20mm adapter:
1) do you have a 25mm? I notice DTR has the 7W 450nm emitter mounted in 25mm copper but not 20mm.
2) is there enough meat on the inside of your 20mm adapter to lathe it out to 25mm?
3) do you provide the above lathe work?
4) is your driver heat sink pill intended to fit inside the DTR module copper back half driver cavity? (with driver mounted on the pill shelf ?) or will it fit inside the DTR hollow aluminum back half cavity?

thank you for all you do for the laserpointer community!

Last edited:

gazer101

1) do you have a 25mm? I notice DTR has the 7W 450nm emitter mounted in 25mm copper but not 20mm.
2) is there enough meat on the inside of your 20mm adapter to lathe it out to 25mm?
4) is your driver heat sink pill intended to fit inside the DTR module back half driver cavity? (with driver mounted on the pill shelf ?)

He hasn't been active in a month, try this: https://www.survivallaser.com/index.aspx?pageid=556085

Garoq

4) is your driver heat sink pill intended to fit inside the DTR module copper back half driver cavity? (with driver mounted on the pill shelf ?) or will it fit inside the DTR hollow aluminum back half cavity?

Hi cncyana, thanks for the comments and sorry for the late reply. We don't currently offer a 25mm adapter for the S4X host, however at your suggestion I tried one of DTR's 25mm all copper modules and it looks like it will indeed fit if the I.D. of the adapter is bored out. In fact it barely clears the threads. We don't provide individual lathe work but I may get a batch of 100 or so modified to fit. You can also purchase a 20mm adapter and ask a local shop to machine it out to leave about 0.005" diameter clearance around the module and you should be good to go. The driver heat sink pill will only fit those modules that have a 12mm or larger bore in the back half. If the back half is bored out then it should fit. The diode module will basically butt up against the pill module when the assembly is fully threaded together. I hope this helps!

IMG_4166.jpeg

IMG_4165.jpeg

kecked

I didn’t read every page so please forgive me if this was asked. I’d love to see a DIY LIDAR kit that doesn’t require me to know how to program and that could fit in a model rocket and or drone. If you could in some way pair it with sensors for spin and direction it could use the spin of the rocket for 360 degree mapping. Could also use same data to stitch 360 picture. Been using O and 25mm aero tech engines for years at the university

...SL is a great asset to LPF.. happy builders come back for more--and this helps to keep LPF 'healthy'
Congrats on making LPF better for 10 +years.

PS
your pics are the best!!

Garoq

...SL is a great asset to LPF.. happy builders come back for more--and this helps to keep LPF 'healthy'
Congrats on making LPF better for 10 +years.

PS
your pics are the best!!
Thanks Hakzaw! It's been a pleasure and honor being part of the LPF family. Yes, it has been 10 years this month. Thanks for your contributions as well!

rvrh3

I didn’t read every page so please forgive me if this was asked. I’d love to see a DIY LIDAR kit that doesn’t require me to know how to program and that could fit in a model rocket and or drone. If you could in some way pair it with sensors for spin and direction it could use the spin of the rocket for 360 degree mapping. Could also use same data to stitch 360 picture. Been using O and 25mm aero tech engines for years at the university
You're asking for a lot for a "DIY" device. You're basically asking for a whole engineering project lol
Maybe it's time to learn how to program and do some design work? :)

It's been a long time here at LPF... all this times wishing to build my own laser... this year, finally I just bought some parts from SL... Host, Drilled driver, heatsink... I'm so excited to receive them and finish my build... Thanks Gary!!!!!!!