Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Laser Joins the 3W+ Club

Someone asked about what it would look like and I did post a photo of the E&T heat sink in the S4 somewhere, but this is the first time I used it in a real build. I wanted the "SL III" to look different than the others.

Pretty sure that was me :eek:

Btw, you're likely to see MUCH higher numbers on an Ophir LPM, I'm guessing at least 3.3W, most likely 3.45W.

DJNY

F* efficient diode!! :D

Fully agree with Infi acc the Nospin LPM. It´s awesome.

I´m sure a guy in your area would love to meter this one too :)

Garoq

Great job Gary, congrats on breaking 3 watts! :beer:

Thanks Dan, it really caught me by surprise! I was using a different driver and was having trouble with it, so I tried one of our new adjustable ones and WOW!

Hehehe I know the feeling of a surprise that like too well, that was the same case when I broke 1W in the 405 spectrum ;) Great job again, I am envious :beer:

Last edited:

Garoq

Hehehe I know the feeling of a surprise that like too well, that was the same case when I broke 1W in the 405 spectrum ;) Great job again, I am envious :beer:

That one is awesome, someday I'm going to try for a 1W 405. What current are you using with that diode?

Last edited:

Fiddy

nice man!

i did this in the same host a bit ago :)

sl2.jpg