Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Suggestions to entice people to donate.

I had about $3 on my prepaid credit card that wasn't useful for anything else, so I donated $2. It's not much, but I hope it helps. LPF has helped me so much! :yh:

Every bit helps out the FORUM !!! REMEMBER PLEASE, we don't need to know HOW MUCH you donated, just the fact that you DID make a donation is fine with us, THANKS & GOOD WORK

Only $13.00 more dollars 'till we make our monthly needs. Anyone out there care to help the FORUM out ???

Waffle tickets :p

mmmm! waffles!!

even better than pancakes...we could throw in the hash browns they have at Waffle House too--smothered-scattered- and slathered and lots of cheeze too...:na:

I always suggest to laser companies that they help us with either a donation or a banner ad and we got both from JETLASERS...thnx Gray.

working on AixiZ Lasers now--How about it Dr Chuck???

I've seen some non laser forums just add "Supporting Member" in the avatar area to ppl that donate. That way there are no "levels" of donation or status indicated. Just the fact you are a supporting member.
Now...off to find that PP addy!

1. i like the t-shirt idea..with a good graphic on front and lpf on back, they could be hot maybe make % go to charity as well. ever see comicbook t-shirt shadowman or bloodshot from valiant something like that
2. create a section for store sales
3. make people that sell alot on here go through store or have them donate a % of sale
4. i like raffle ideas, laser companies that advertise or people that put builds and parts could sell to lpf cheap or at loss or even give for raffle and could also include non laser stuff
5. i assume when we click, to go to stores or buy something, from here lpf gets money?
6. attend shows fairs i dont know gun shows and electronic shows make most sense or get booth
7. talk to the big boys like *****, c a s io
8. promotion promotion promotion (make brand name, get in articles, movies, do charity events, advertise, penetrate brick mortar stores, social network sites) look at Wicked they did a great job at this promo, get a documentary done on lasers and site; get pbs, discovery, national geographic, history channel to show or cover or produce even
9. link more to education, tie in with education program, get in with schools, like textbooks, now thats a cornered market, or like mymathlab have my laserlab, make this just part of website or link to bigger thing
10. be own paypal, and ebay, amazon.. thats rates sellers and comments and offers protection to buyers sellers. they all make bank from %'s
11. do parties, raves, laser shows, dances, store openings

ok top of my head, now im tired, maybe something will help let me know if like

Thanks for your input, but judging by your join date, I know that you haven't been here long enough to know that most of these suggestions have been tried &/or been discussed, & consequently rejected for one reason or another (like FREE ADVERTISING FOR COMPANIES, SPAM, etc. etc.) I DO appreciate your input though & hope that you continue to post your ideas. You might get a winner that meets or exceeds all the R&R's
Thanks again, rob

the 'Please help the forum' inserts in sigs are great--but when giving out free advice and info it is nice when at the bottom of the POST you see++

Was I helpful??

Then please go here and help our forum- every donation helps us to help you T.Y.

people do not always read the sigs

IMO it also helps to suggest helping LPF in ALL posts in the welcome section to the newcomers--can't hurt

well, thanks phoenix , i will try more ideas. besides dump my vast fortune in lpf:crackup: or i mean lack of

but still looking around there are a lot of old posts to go through and people to meet. I really have had good experience from here so far, and will donate sometime maybe soon or after holidays/new year. my pm have outstripped my posts 2.5 to 1, but working on getting a boost to at least 1 rep point when i hit 50?

well really its getting the new members to donate right...most vets do donate...when i get some higherpowered 50mw lasers in i could donate a few... lets say everymember that posts a donation gets put in a raffle bank then everyweek draw a winner...just a thought yahh know...