Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Star Trek TOS Phaser's Laser Modded For Sale..

PhaserBoy

I don't know yet, just seeing if there's any interest. But no way near as close as what some are asking on ebay.
I'm thinking around $250 to $270 for the 520 green?? Just to try to basicly break even.
Lifetime17 was a blessing and made things so much easier. As far as the focus nozzle he had just gotten his lathe, came up with the idea on his own and sent it to me with the heatsink I asked for.:)
Which ST phaser do you have Jerry?

On another note, did the forum change make it easy to upload picture's. I am shocked I was able to post them!!
I had to resize my photos from a Google play app

Hi Bump for Phaser's , Bump. Bump...............
Hi GSS I just looked over the link to Hero.Com and just wow how fascinating how the Phaser came to be. Its phaser history. And that invoice from 1966 was really cool. Awesome link buddy..
Rich:)

akkadian2027

i am interested in buying a modded Diamond Select toy phaser for balloon popping, etc., G1 most powerful.....since the entire device cannot be sold FDA, what do i need to get? bluray led?
i think i saw a $450 price range?
Thank you
Eddy

GSS

i am interested in buying a modded Diamond Select toy phaser for balloon popping, etc., G1 most powerful.....since the entire device cannot be sold FDA, what do i need to get? bluray led?
i think i saw a $450 price range?
Thank you
Eddy
Are you in the US?
I'm not sure what you mean by G1 though.
There are a few Diamond Select phaser's laser modded on ebay but the asking prices tend to be extreme. If your good with your hands modding them is doable but be prepared for alot of cutting and grinding and sanding. You will also need to cut and replace the plastic nozzle with a aluminum one to basicly use as a heatsink but still be prop accurate.
Battery placement is also an issue, or better put lack of a battery box so you have to be creative and put them in the handle. Powering the laser and the P1 at the same time you will need to set up a switch from scratch or add a micro limit switch.
A ebay member "JonPaul2012" sells some parts as a aluminum nozzle that extends inside to take a 12mm module and has some tutorials. I wouldn't run more than 3W's though as battery capacity will be and issue and the biggest batterys iv'e seen them built with is 2 16340's.
I have a Diamond Select phaser that I modded with a 532nm laser module that still has the original plastic nozzle but it's only a balloon popper.
I found it easier and cheaper to mod these Rubies Brand with good power as other than the P1 not being removable, its a great copy of the real prop.

Last edited:

PhaserBoy

Got one more left:)
Did you sell anymore on eBay? I just bought some balloons with confetti inside on Amazon, got some glasses too. Gonna take my Son out back this weekend and put my Phaser on 'Pop' lol. Supposed to be in the middle 50s... like us haha.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Confetti balloons, so cool:giggle: :) Iv'e seen alot of balloon popping but don't think confetti ones:unsure:. I hope the balloons themselves have some color to them as even the strongest of lasers won't pop clear ones and even white ones have a hard time.. You can always color a spot on the balloon with a black sharpie though and aim at that spot..

PhaserBoy

Confetti balloons, so cool:giggle: :) Iv'e seen alot of balloon popping but don't think confetti ones:unsure:. I hope the balloons themselves have some color to them as even the strongest of lasers won't pop clear ones and even white ones have a hard time.. You can always color a spot on the balloon with a black sharpie though and aim at that spot..
Thanks , they are kinda cream color, guess I will draw a sharpie Target on them. Will take some videos. Will do some in the day and more when it's evening. I wonder why they don't pop clear and white ones?

Reactions: GSS

GSS

The darker the colors the more it absorbs the laser heat.

Last edited:
You should order some black balloons on eBay. I got some years ago just for popping with lasers. Haven't done that in a long time. ;)

GSS

Here's another different Star Trek prop build that Lifetime17 "Rich" helped me with. Helped is putting it mildly;):whistle:
It's called a Phase Pistol from one of the movie's that I have no clue about but I got a message from a guy who asked if I can mod it for him..
You can see the plastic nozzle it came with had to go, and just a few crude drawings of mine sent to him through my cheap cell phone and I get these beauty's:giggle: Last pic show's it fits like a glove and all of the nozzle heatsink is exposed to the air.
He also set me up with a A140 at 1.8A.
I really should of made a separate thread and didn't wan't to clog up his sales thread ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    376 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    621.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    582.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    428.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    578.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

GSS

Decided to do build of a Star Trek Movie "Into the darkness" phaser. Never seen the movie and other than the TOS TV series i'm not even close to being a Trekie but these props are so fun.
A140 at 1.8A with a SXD doing a "Freakesh "1.99W". with a G2 :) It's also looks like it has a lighter blue color to it, to my eyes anyways..
Lifetime17"s front custom nozzle and a "Into a darkness different pulse like phaser sound..

Attachments

• IMG_20190407_095409 (1).jpg
    IMG_20190407_095409 (1).jpg
    570 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20190407_100917 (1).jpg
    IMG_20190407_100917 (1).jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20190406_095354 (1).jpg
    IMG_20190406_095354 (1).jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi GSS,
Wow that came out nice with the module and a great binned A140 diode . Awesome job buddy those are really cool .
Rich:)

Fabulous!!
Decided to do build of a Star Trek Movie "Into the darkness" phaser. Never seen the movie and other than the TOS TV series i'm not really a Trekie but these props are so fun.
A140 at 1.8A with a SXD doing a "Freakesh "1.99W". with a G2 :) It's also looks like it has a lighter blue color to it, to my eyes anyways..
Lifetime17"s front custom nozzle and a "Into a darkness different pulse like phaser sound..
[/QUOTE