Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Star Trek TOS Phaser's Laser Modded For Sale..

I don't know yet, just seeing if there's any interest. But no way near as close as what some are asking on ebay.
I'm thinking around $250 to $270 for the 520 green?? Just to try to basicly break even.
Lifetime17 was a blessing and made things so much easier. As far as the focus nozzle he had just gotten his lathe, came up with the idea on his own and sent it to me with the heatsink I asked for.:)
Which ST phaser do you have Jerry?

On another note, did the forum change make it easy to upload picture's. I am shocked I was able to post them!!
I had to resize my photos from a Google play app

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Bump for Phaser's , Bump. Bump...............
Hi GSS I just looked over the link to Hero.Com and just wow how fascinating how the Phaser came to be. Its phaser history. And that invoice from 1966 was really cool. Awesome link buddy..
Rich:)

i am interested in buying a modded Diamond Select toy phaser for balloon popping, etc., G1 most powerful.....since the entire device cannot be sold FDA, what do i need to get? bluray led?
i think i saw a $450 price range?
Thank you
Eddy

GSS

i am interested in buying a modded Diamond Select toy phaser for balloon popping, etc., G1 most powerful.....since the entire device cannot be sold FDA, what do i need to get? bluray led?
i think i saw a $450 price range?
Thank you
Eddy
Are you in the US?
I'm not sure what you mean by G1 though.
There are a few Diamond Select phaser's laser modded on ebay but the asking prices tend to be extreme. If your good with your hands modding them is doable but be prepared for alot of cutting and grinding and sanding. You will also need to cut and replace the plastic nozzle with a aluminum one to basicly use as a heatsink but still be prop accurate.
Battery placement is also an issue, or better put lack of a battery box so you have to be creative and put them in the handle. Powering the laser and the P1 at the same time you will need to set up a switch from scratch or add a micro limit switch.
A ebay member "JonPaul2012" sells some parts as a aluminum nozzle that extends inside to take a 12mm module and has some tutorials. I wouldn't run more than 3W's though as battery capacity will be and issue and the biggest batterys iv'e seen them built with is 2 16340's.
I have a Diamond Select phaser that I modded with a 532nm laser module that still has the original plastic nozzle but it's only a balloon popper.
I found it easier and cheaper to mod these Rubies Brand with good power as other than the P1 not being removable, its a great copy of the real prop.

Last edited: