Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some FAQs about green DPSS lasers

anyone tried to change pumb diode to red or bluray and then look what color will you get?
it would bve wery intresting to make like pink laser (lol):D

HIMNL9

LOL ..... it don't work in this way ..... precise crystal structures reacts doubling and/or suming only precise wavelenghts, with a very little tolerance (usually, not more than 4 or 5 nm) ..... true that there are strange crystal types that emits different wavelenghts when you change their orientation in the output coupler, but, apart that their cost is simply spropositate, i doubt that exist a crystal structure that is able to double any ( or also a limited range of) wavelenght .....

You are joking right? LMAO either way :p
yes and no
if first crystal comverts 808 to somewhere 1000 and then second crystal converts that to 500(green)
so if i put 650(red)then crystal would convert it to about 750 and second crystal would alf taht so it would be 375 and that is somewhere in uv

i just realized that i am crazy:undecided:

i wished i had read this first. but i didnt. recently my 200mw dinodirect green laser died out on me. and i looked directly into the aperature assuming the laser is broken. i only looked at it for a few seconds arouand the battery i was using had around 10% power..... how bad is the damage on my eyes now??

There could be damage, but there could also not be. I would recommend seeing an eye doctor whenever you have a chance so that they can have a look to be sure there was no damage. That's the only way to be 100% sure.

Aaron

My question is:
If I were to open up a green DPSS module and remove the Nd:YAG crystal, would the remaining KTP crystal still half the wavelength (808nm infared diode), creating 405nm blu-ray laser light?

No. KTP loses efficiency very quickly when doubling below around 500nm. If the laser was using LBO instead of KTP then you might see some purple if things were just right, but due to power and beam quality issues directly doubling a diode is difficult to do and achieve a usable beam.

one thing that is a little confusing if you pay attention.. the 808nm is frequency doubled, i don't know what that means but it gets bumped up to 1064nm, then that gets wavelength halved to the 532nm. now i can explain this due the monkey see monkey do phenomenon LoL, but i really have no clue how it works LoL

michael

Aaron

Ok, thanks for replying so quickly. I was just about to take apart my green laser O_O

1064nm to 532nm is doubling, the wavelength gets halved or double the frequency

ok so this may be a noobish question but this is my first time working with green lasers so im willing to show my ass here but does green only come in DPSS or can i get it as a diode laser i want to build a 532nm laser pointer any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

ok so this may be a noobish question but this is my first time working with green lasers so im willing to show my ass here but does green only come in DPSS or can i get it as a diode laser i want to build a 532nm laser pointer any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

there are green diodes but not on the hobby market .
the techknology is still pretty new for.green diodes. and there isnt much usee for them in the market place.

Yep, this thread is like old, old, old..... but pumping new life into it. Here's my new toy, a laser deck from a Laserscope, but how does the IR and 532 nm green light flow through it?

Someone posted this photo for me in another forum, he worked it up about seven years ago but says this photo illustration of the beam path has some errors. I am trying to find what they are now, waiting for his response.

x