Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold: 445nm @ 2500mW+ "Ace of Steel" MONSTER EDITION

Re: Selling: 445nm 2.5W+ "Ace of Steel" MONSTER EDITION

Dude, have you used one of these hosts? They are massive. Extremely thick and heavy material. Besides that the copper extended heatsink is huge! There is more than enough mass to that set up for the current he has it at. I would be inclined to agree with you if this were an SH-032 like the one I built a couple weeks ago. Having personally built a laser with this exact same set up I can tell you first hand that he has gone big with this laser.
Nice job!!!
The price is higher than most 2Ws but that is because the buyer is getting a super diode. Most 445nm diodes will never see this kind of output.

jakeGT

Oh, nope ^^

I just remember lazeerers review thread of the host saying that he had to use a 60 second duty cycle for his 2.1W 445. Haven't touched one yet, is it that much bigger?

Last edited:

I have to agree with Yob here. This host is one serious heatsinker. It's at least 5x heavier than the C6 in sheer mass. Taking into consideration the driver is copper heatsinked, the diode is copper module heatsinked onto a large copper block, which I Arctic Silver'd to the top of the pill to draw heat away from the driver as well, this build really takes heatsinking into a whole new level, which is why it can sustain very stable outputs for over 60s.

The diode truly is one of a kind though. :D

P.S. This will probably be my first & last unique build with the Mohgasm driver :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I think is is one of the most efficient diodes we've seen here. Nice job on the insane build.

I love the 24/7 support!

Oh, nope ^^

I just remember lazeerers review thread of the host saying that he had to use a 60 second duty cycle for his 2.1W 445. Haven't touched one yet, is it that much bigger?

Oh I see, I read that review when it came out but I didn't see the 60 second duty cycle as a negative. For a 2W+ laser a full minute of on time is a lot to me because I usually never have any of my lasers on for more than 30 seconds at a time. Even my big ones. Not consciously that is just how I use them. A 2W in the C6 would have a duty cycle of like 20 seconds with the aluminum heatsink. You are able to get 30-45 with the copper direct pressed heatsink. A full minute on time is not bad considering you are able to put this thing in your pocket comfortably. As for size it is larger than the C6 but not by that much. It is more about the mass of the thing than the size of it. When Ryan says 5X that may even be conservative. Comparing the C6 with aluminum heatsink VS this one with the copper heatsink and copper module and copper heatsink on the driver I would estimate a 10X difference in weight.
Sorry for my ridiculously long posts in your thread. I just don't want any one to pass up on using this host for their 2W builds. I think Gary did a great job finding this host and designing the massive copper heatink for it. He offers the kit at a reasonable price for us too. Survivallasers FTW.

jakeGT

I love the host/kit! I'll have to get one and check it out. My bad, I misunderstood the size difference, I was thinking more along the lines of an sh-032

If you are advertising it as a 90s-on laser, you damn well better make sure it stays at/above spec for 90 seconds :p Otherwise, the duty-cycle is a LIAR! :crackup:

Also: why no diode warranty?

Garoq

Oh I see, I read that review when it came out but I didn't see the 60 second duty cycle as a negative. For a 2W+ laser a full minute of on time is a lot to me because I usually never have any of my lasers on for more than 30 seconds at a time. Even my big ones. Not consciously that is just how I use them. A 2W in the C6 would have a duty cycle of like 20 seconds with the aluminum heatsink. You are able to get 30-45 with the copper direct pressed heatsink. A full minute on time is not bad considering you are able to put this thing in your pocket comfortably. As for size it is larger than the C6 but not by that much. It is more about the mass of the thing than the size of it. When Ryan says 5X that may even be conservative. Comparing the C6 with aluminum heatsink VS this one with the copper heatsink and copper module and copper heatsink on the driver I would estimate a 10X difference in weight.
Sorry for my ridiculously long posts in your thread. I just don't want any one to pass up on using this host for their 2W builds. I think Gary did a great job finding this host and designing the massive copper heatink for it. He offers the kit at a reasonable price for us too. Survivallasers FTW.

Thanks Luke. I use this host in my personal build with the best diode I have found so far, metering just under 2.5W at 1.8A with a G-1. It barely gets warm after 1 minute on.

Last edited:
Re: Selling: 445nm @ 2500mW+ "Ace of Steel" MONSTER EDITION

Alright guys, this Monster has now been sold pending payment. Payment might take up to 2 weeks. So will finalize when the time comes.

Last edited:
Re: SOLD: 445nm @ 2500mW+ "Ace of Steel" MONSTER EDITION

Link for the host please?
Very nice laser!

Price drop

Buyer pulled out last minute =/

Price Dropped!

So this build + all accessories is back on sale at a reduced price of just $325!

Or get just the laser (w/ GITD lens cap) for just $300! :)

Ryan

Last edited:

Tonga

This laser is a freaking beaut man:)! Insane power, and I love the host:wave:!

wait, so who was the guy that got banned?

aahh ok, my bad