Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Snow?

Well, I went to work this morning but had to leave at three since we lost power. CNC machines don't run so good with no power.

This is what I had to drive through the whole way home. That's all about a foot deep. Hooray for 4x4 Blazers!

IMG_20110201_152123.jpg

Man thats bad.:eek: It looks like you cant even see in front of you. I can only imagine this at night time.

This year has been really bad with snow. But this just tops the cake. We got some ice and snow mixture today but only about 2 inches. We are suppose to get alot more tonight into tomorrow.:(

Be safe onces again.:angel:

That's the way to do it!

Any New Englanders getting tired of snow will learn to love it when they get 4WD!

Tonga

We're all screwed, those of us in the Midwest at least...

My truck was buried under so much ice when I got off of work today that one of my mirrors shattered. I'm still contemplating how exactly that happened but nonetheless, I'm pissed.

Now they're talking 2 feet of snow and no power for weeks. I gotta say, I'll probably take a trip to Florida if that's the case. Either way, you know where I went if I'm gone for a week!

At least I'll be able to have fun in the snow with lasers until I am completely buried! I'm charging the batteries now. I expect a great many snowy laser pics from everyone else in the Midwest if and when I get power back :p

Random thread is random, but it is the off-topic forum after all :whistle:

Now we are getting buried in Wichita.

Snow update from Chicago.... Snowin & blowing but we're not buried yet. The first 3 pics don't make it look like it's snowing as much as it is because the wind is blowing so hard & it's moving too fast.

DSC07337.jpg

DSC07339.jpg

DSC07342.jpg

Here's a snowdrift starting to block up the doorway...

DSC07341.jpg

..and here's the lasers taking a test fire :D

DSC07344.jpg

DSC07347.jpg

More to come soon unless we have a power outage :(

4733-i-70-closed.jpg

208 miles of Interstate 70 is closed from Kansas City to Wentzville, MO due to blizzard conditions. Wow!

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for posting those danefex! That may be about the only good use for snow, unless you ARE a snow man:san: We were very lucky here in NC, as this weather system passed just to the north of us. Although since early December, we have accumulated at least 2 feet of snow total:scowl: Lets just hope spring is coming soon!!

Words cannot express how pissed I am right now...

So I go to start my truck this morning, but it won't even turn over. Alright, cold battery, that's understandable. Especially because I'm cheap and don't want to spring for a new battery just yet. So after sweeping the two feet of snow off the hood I find that it is frozen shut. I mean frozen solid, I can't even get it to budge by leaning on it. So I go inside and fill coffee cans with hot water and start pouring them on the hood. 20 buckets later I get the hood open.
Then I go to get the jumper car's hood open, and wouldn't you know it's hood is frozen shut too? (I found that out after shoveling the two feet of snow off of it.) Another twenty buckets and I get it's hood open, but wait! There's more! The jumper cables are in the truck which, you guessed it, is ALSO frozen shut! Another twenty buckets and I have jumper cables!
I wire everything up and let it sit for a few minutes but it's not helping. The starter just clicks as if it's dead still. I check my connections, read some voltage, and check the current running to my battery through the cables. After seeing nothing significant there I deduced that something ELSE is wrong with my truck.
Frozen starter? Seems far fetched but it's a possibility I guess. They are usually sealed pretty good and the starter seems to be engaging something but it seems like the only logical explanation. So I go to fill buckets of water again and a good 40-50 buckets later I have the starter turning freely. Another good 10 minutes later, after fighting to get it started and keep it running, I go to put the jumper cables in the back hatch of the Blazer. I pop the glass and find that the wind has forced a good foot of snow through the rear window seal and right onto my nice subwoofers.

The best part of waking up, is using Folgers coffee cans to thaw your car!

I'm ready to move to Florida now. If any of you guys want this snow, please some and pick it up. I wont charge you anything. It's at the curb, right where all of the plow trucks piled it.

we are absolutely buried here in the chicago land area. its practically impossible to get to the car without having 3 feet of snow fall into your pants and shoes. there are tons of mini hills that go from 5-7 feet in height!
its awesome!

a nice quiet day at home is exactly what i need =]

have a great day everyone! =]
Matt

Ahhh good morning :D Here's what it looks like out my front door & from a few windows after the blizzard last night.. We got just over 2' of snow, some of the drifts are up to 6' - the height of our privacy fence....

DSC07387.jpg

DSC07386.jpg

DSC07391.jpg

DSC07392.jpg

UPDATE: I got outside finally to get the snowblower fired up...

DSC07394.jpg

DSC07396.jpg

My snowblower is hardcore... cuts right through this mess.

DSC07399.jpg

View down the street

DSC07400.jpg

That's me, a snow ninja not doing such a good job of hiding

DSC07403.jpg

My little girl wants to jump off the roof too but I told her she has to dig a tunnel to the walkway first....

DSC07429.jpg

She said no problem, I'll use my hands and start riggggghhhtttt here!

DSC07432.jpg

Last edited: