Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sharp 490nm GH04850B2G 55mW Laser Diode

I want to put this diode in a two 18650 host, but my driver can't take 8.4 VDC, anyone know where to buy some dummy batteries which cost less than 10 dollars delivered? That's all I can find on Amazon.com so far, eBay has one listed, but it doesn't have DC pass through, like what good is it?

I have two dummy 18650 from survivallaser.com and they DC passe through

Tks, off I go to their web site.

Edit: I'm back, $12 each, no way! I don't need that kind of quality, probably can just make something myself with some heat shrink.

2nd edit: Hey you machinist dudes, buy some of these, machine a button top on the end, put 1 mm heat shrink tubing on them as insulation and sell them for 7 bucks each, should be worth your time, heat shrink needs to be some good stuff, or liability too risky, but if you live in China, that won't matter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-16mm-...m-Solid-Lathe-Bar-Stock-Cut-Long/391542319297

Last edited:
This could contribute to the aberrations we see, also many of the acrylic lenses have a small entry hole that blocks all but the center. This may be why acrylic lenses don't make aberrations as they have a built in spacial filter.

59636d1523005040-sharp-490nm-gh04850b2g-55mw-laser-diode-raw488.jpg

59637d1523007998-sharp-490nm-gh04850b2g-55mw-laser-diode-sany2332.jpg

-----------------------

Tks, off I go to their web site.

Edit: I'm back, $12 each, no way! I don't need that kind of quality, probably can just make something myself with some heat shrink.

A length of wooden dowel and a long brass paper fastener you can make your own.

Attachments

• SANY2332.JPG
    SANY2332.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Hi Alaskan,
I have made a spacer from Al with a copper rivet on each end , works great. They also sell the dummy spacers cheap in 10440 and 14500 size/AA and AAA.

Rich:)

On your picture the G7 line look a bit larger than the 3E ?

We speak on the bad thread ? we can open a new one special for G7 LENS ?

------------------

No, On pictures you get way better pattern (I don't look at borders) I get a bad one I ordered two I test the second tonight

I don't like vertical interference on diode for my collection

------------------

Thanks for the pictures Nexgen. you must zoom my one to see what I speak.

I have two dummy 18650 from survivallaser.com and they DC passe through

------------------

This is the 3rd time I've seen you Double Post
within minutes.
It seems that you are unaware that Double
Posting is frowned upon by the Forum community.

It is easy to combine and edit any of your Posts
by using the [EDIT] button at the bottom of
any of your Posts.

Jerry

Last edited:
Thanks, I am looking at them and thinking :)

Serveurperso, now look what you did, got the eagle angry, there's a reason he has red tipped wings, it's the guys who join and post without introductions, or double posters that get him miffed, but he's not the only one, lots of members don't like double posts, prefer you just edit the last post.

Even cheaper (edit: than my idea using aluminum rod) and no machining :) Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry, don't want to derail the thread but:
@Serveurperso, as Jerry said, please don't double, triple post any more.
Use the edit button please.

RB

I bought ten of these, I can just solder a wire jumper inside between the plus and minus ends, hopefully not too cheap and won't melt.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-Plas...-Box-Case-3-AAA-To-18650-Battery/311889673687 they might be a bit too wide and not sure about length to top button, will see. Very cheap to risk it.

Whoops, those will be wider than 18mm, there's 1 line of disclaimer that says check your flashlight, 3 x aaa in a triangle just cant fit except those flashlights that come with a sleeve for an 18650 or that 3 x aaa carriage.

Bite the bullet and get the overpriced solarforce jumper cell, that way it wont rattle or need a paper wrap, also an 18mm aluminum rod could short to the case.
Also there's shipping for anything custom...it's just easier to buy the darn solarforce blank, otherwise :horse:

https://customlites.com/product.sc?productId=102

Last edited:
Well, I do have a couple of hosts which have a larger bore than they should, I can use them for those. I will continue looking for the right fit.

e: checked that link, shipping for two is three bucks and change, not too bad. :)

Last edited: