Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sharp 490nm GH04850B2G 55mW Laser Diode

It sure does buddy, also less loss than the 3 element, The pictures say it all!

It sure does, lol.

59600d1522802899-sharp-490nm-gh04850b2g-55mw-laser-diode-really3.jpg

Last edited:

I’m not sure what your problem is RED but I’m giving my opinion from what I’ve seen to help peaple, I really don’t care what you use mate, I never said it was perfect but we’re talking about eliminating the box reflection, good luck to you and your G7, I don’t have time to argue here that’s not why I’m here.

Maybe you ran yours too hot and damaged the AR coating ?
Whatever it is it looks bad.

---edit---

The 3 element is going to print tighter far field than the 2 element, they always have so far....also the 2 element is AR coated for 520 and the 3 element for 400-500, I think the 3 element is the way to go, but I will try the G7.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Did you watch the video, that pic you chose is with the lens compleatly out unfocused just to show the larger round dot, yeah it’s probably hitting the edge of the brass and reflecting, put up a large photo of the beginning of the vid were it’s not unscrewed and unfocused just like Jordan’s pics!

I put both up if you looked. It hides behind your hand until you tip it a bit, but it's always there. ;)

59599d1522802409-sharp-490nm-gh04850b2g-55mw-laser-diode-really2.jpg

59600d1522802899-sharp-490nm-gh04850b2g-55mw-laser-diode-really3.jpg

Last edited:
custom barrel G7 for all my lasers! a bit of box reflection is not a problem but efficiency and divergence are important. Easy to unmount lens is also very important for cleaning.

Yea ok, with a 5mm exit hole there is bound to be some reflection, especially from brass, however this lens is still doing an exceptional job at eliminating the box reflection and I thought that’s what we were talking about, that tiny bit of splash your talking about can easily be fixed with a bit of black paint on the inside of the brass exit or even a larger exit hole.

custom barrel G7 for all my lasers! a bit of box reflection is not a problem but efficiency and divergence are important. Easy to unmount lens is also very important for cleaning.

Do you sell any of them ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea ok, with a 5mm exit hole there is bound to be some reflection, especially from brass, however this lens is still doing an exceptional job at eliminating the box reflection and I thought that’s what we were talking about, that tiny bit of splash your talking about can easily be fixed with a bit of black paint on the inside of the brass exit or even a larger exit hole.

Why was it there in your video on the 8th but not there in your video on the 7th ?

Last edited:
Why was it there in your video on the 8th but not there in your video on the 7th ?

I’m not sure what 7 or 8 your talking about, but I just went back and looked at the video and there is absolutely nothing in the first few seconds untill I unscrew the lens out and then it appears so obviously reflection from the brass adjustment ring, I’m satisfied there is nothing else to talk about here!

I’m not sure what 7 or 8 your talking about, but I just went back and looked at the video and there is absolutely nothing in the first few seconds untill I unscrew the lens out and then it appears so obviously reflection from the brass adjustment ring, I’m satisfied there is nothing else to talk about here!

You said you sold it.---- " don't have it in hand anymore "

Your video on the 7th with no big ugly reflection > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxCEn8SQfc&feature=youtu.be

Your video on the 8th with the big ugly reflection > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1MV5pAhIVg&feature=youtu.be

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking back I suppose it’s possible I’m clipping the full output with the 5mm exit hole, I don’t have the laser in hand anymore but just look at the dpss quality dot!

https://youtu.be/YaxCEn8SQfc

This video is even better divergence don’t get any better than this!

https://youtu.be/N1MV5pAhIVg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, you said you don't have the laser in hand anymore. That sounds like it's sold or something permanent as you didn't say I don't have it in hand right now, you said I don't have it in hand anymore.

Last edited:
You said you sold it.

Yep that’s wright, and I asked Andrew earlier today if he can take some pics to show this thread, Is there some other reason you a persisting with this unimportant and nothing to do with the box reflection issue, I’ve never had to defend myself for an opinion on a lens before, what is going on, going to bed guys sorry for these multiple thread hijack opinions!

Do you sell any of them ?

It's only an Aixiz 3E barrel that I hand rework carefully with a electric grinder, and a long threaded tool+nut to block it and protect the thread.
After I soak it in chloridic acid to obtain a full clean brass, or caustic soda to black-reoxidize the machined part.

I can make few parts for enthusiasts even less equipped than me and who want to test this aliexpress lens...

It's an 8mm FL with a wide open M9 x 0.5 barrel, it's likely a lot like the Sanwu G7 in performance only yours dissembles for cleaning.

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Broa...32707079178.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.HrLZvo

But do check your print compared to a 3 element and see.

Here's a G7 and a 3 element both on NDB7875's at 15 feet. ( Both at 2.4a ) The G7 prints a little bit wider but not much, but there's less spherical aberration and 88% light transmission compared to the 3 elements 70%

59588d1522796762-fs-sanwu-laser-store-r-g-b-handhelds-x3-stainless-steel-spiker-release-sany0066.jpg

Last edited:
We speak on the bad thread ? we can open a new one special for G7 LENS ?

Last edited:

DTR

Forgot to put that the picture of the 2EG I did I had it slightly off focus which is why it looks elongated. Just did not have time to go back and do another but will update it when I get a moment. They both make the same nice round spot.:)