Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Robjdixon's Massive sale thread ALL SOLD

rhd

Hey Eudaimonium:

I know - and I feel really sketchy for doing it. Especially given that I'm currently experiencing the same with an eBay buyer from Germany that filed a dispute after 8 days. Ridiculous.

The challenge for me was just that 45 days from my payment date elapses like tomorrow (or today). I'm happy to close the dispute once I'm able to touch base with Rob - really, it wasn't opened out of anger, or concern - just out of consciousness of the 45 day time limit.

Having said that, I'm quite aware of shipping times. I order from overseas constantly, and keep a running log of what packages I'm waiting for. This package is the oldest item on my list, and I've received multiple shipments from Asia, Australia, and Europe, that were ordered weeks later, and shipped with basic shipping. 45 days DOES represent a delay that is abnormal. If it actually shipped when he got my payment, then 45 days would indicate a problem with the shipment.

Again though - that's not Rob's fault, and I totally understand this. I'd just like some info about tracking, or the service used, insurance, etc - just info, and I *have* waited, and have kept this thread updated. I've PM'd Rob too. I haven't heard back. Communication - a few seconds to let me know what's up - that's all. Anyone can find 5 minutes to reply to a message from someone who has sent you $100 - especially within a time-frame of several days.

Really - no anger here. I just filed the dispute because I'd loose that window really soon. Otherwise I wouldn't have. There's no doubt on my end about his credibility, etc. Clearly he has a great rep here. But you never know what can happen - he might have been kidnapped by pirates, judicially ordered not to use computers, maybe he's studying Buddhism in Tibet - I just wanted to file before my time ran out, and I'll close the dispute just as quickly once we get the opportunity to connect/chat. :)

Hope that clears up my mindset.

Last edited:

You speak well.

I'll try to get in touch with him over MSN for you, if I get the chance, to let him know of the situation.

Let's hope this all goes well.

DJNY

rhd, I would act same as you. Even if this situation was with Tech_Junkie (I love you Mark) or Daguin (Grandpa Dave), I would open the dispute when all the chips are down. It´s not a big drama FOR ME, when someone opens a dispute. Lol I even once had a guy who mistakened two transactions and opened a dispute with the wrong guy (me). Once you argued with him and came to a conclusion you still have plenty of time to close the dispute. It´s always good to stay safe (Remember T_J old signature "Don´t be silly, protect your Willy" including the animation :crackup:). You should just have a bad feeling, the feeling that you risked your money, when dealing with Chinese sellers - not with good members with high reputation. Wich you both a happy ending :beer:

Sorry guys, just got back from a holiday. I'll look into eberything today, and hopefully sort it out

@RHD
I completely understand your decision btw

and also rhd, it seems that you opened the dispute after 45 days:
We are contacting you to let you know that one of your buyers recently
visited the Resolution Centre and attempted to open a dispute against a
payment. The buyer wished to dispute the payment sent on 26 Feb 2011
(Transaction 85V197390N715264X). This dispute has been deferred because it
was not opened within 45 days of payment.

Although this dispute is not eligible for negotiation in the Resolution
Centre, we have noted that the buyer was dissatisfied with this transaction.

We encourage you to work directly with the buyer to resolve this matter and
take this opportunity to provide customer service as you see fit.

Thank you,

PayPal

I'm going to the PO in 5 mins

riiiiiiight

So I just got back from the PO with a form to fill in, so hopefully I'll be able to get some of the money back. If not, I have a plan. RHD, pm sent

and DTR, there was no receipt for your drivers for some reason, so if they don't turn up in the next week, I'll have to refund your money. Srry about this everyone :(

Rob

DTR

riiiiiiight

So I just got back from the PO with a form to fill in, so hopefully I'll be able to get some of the money back. If not, I have a plan. RHD, pm sent

and DTR, there was no receipt for your drivers for some reason, so if they don't turn up in the next week, I'll have to refund your money. Srry about this everyone :(

Rob

It is all good. I know the frustration with sending packages internationally. That is why I only offer priority and express on the items I sell. I have had too many issues with first class.;)

DTR

That has to be a record. Almost three months to get the package.:eek:

But it still beat the flexdrives.:crackup:

Rob repayment coming your way.:beer:

Last edited:
I think Lukes record of two years for some green pointers is untouchable. IIRC-- In that case Customs was the culprit.

DTR

I have no doubt it was but the package was not molested in any way I am just trying to figure out why they sat on it for so long.:thinking:

That has to be a record. Almost three months to get the package.:eek:

But it still beat the flexdrives.:crackup:

Rob repayment coming your way.:beer:

Hey DTR, nice to hear you finally got your package :D 3 months is more than unexpected though :eek:

DTR

Yea it is completely crazy. I feel bad Rob had refunded me so I wanted to make sure I got it back to him and point out that it did arrive no fault of his.;)

Hey rhd did you see your package?

Last edited:

rhd

Unfortunately not no :(

Rob was good about offering to replace it with a Kryton that was going to be shipped to him. So here's some fingers crossed that this package arrives :)

Oh my Lantern!

This is great news. Hope the drives are OK, and thanks for your honesty DTR.

RHD, I'm still trying to sort everything out ASAP

Thanks guys for your patience

Rob

daguin

I have no doubt it was but the package was not molested in any way I am just trying to figure out why they sat on it for so long.:thinking:

Sometimes a package gets "set aside" to be examined, and then gets forgotten on the shelf :(

Peace,
dave