Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: ARGLPM Ophir

ARG

so when might I be able to get one of these?? I think the teasing has gone on long enough.

Top part still has to be designed :p I was thinking of holes like this:
gXPTmnV.png

With a plastic cylinder to push down on the button. Plus a lip on the end so it doesn't fall out.

ARG

The top part is a cut out of the entire top portion of the case.

ARG

that's exactly what I had in mind! :D

With a sleeve like this to keep them from wiggling around:
lqSAjgT.jpg

I see what your doing now i like it because it will give us more room for variance on the exact locations the buttons sit!

ARG

Yup! :D The button cylinders will have to be printed separately though.

Saves having to use panel mount buttons, which I like :)

Okay guys here is the print I just finished up. As you can see there is still work to be done. I am not going to have time to print anymore of these for a week or two as I have some other prior commitments but as you can see the letters still need work. You can not print something like the M without some type of support for the middle. It prints from above and there was nothing for it to support the tip. I still believe it's too thick. You can see how it is warping and split out on one side. This box does not need to hold up a ton of weight thus this does not need to be this thick. I don't think screws are going to work too well to hold the board. If they do it's going to be a pain top get them in.. If we are set on screws, I think those holes need to be built into the model. Otherwise it might split when you insert the screws. I think there were a couple more things but as you can see it is getting late. I am glad ARG has his printer up and running as maybe he can pickup where I have to leave off for a bit.

7867-img-1224.jpg

7866-img-1223.jpg

I like the RED! I think it might be in the best interest of the case to switch back to protruding letter like ARG did in his last print. I appreciate you letting me attempt the cutout but it is not going to work like i thought it would. As for the screw holes I have 1/16" holes in the drawing and I can open them up at any time I just kept them smaller until we decided on a screw size or came up with a better method. Do you think it would be fine if we only used the one or two most accessible screws for the lower board? Then i can just keep the columns there for support.

As for the thickness what if we left the bottom at 1/8" and take the sidewalls down to 1/16". Once again I appreciate all that you have done so far without you we would still just be looking at my pictures not know what to fix.

I like the RED! I think it might be in the best interest of the case to switch back to protruding letter like ARG did in his last print. I appreciate you letting me attempt the cutout but it is not going to work like i thought it would. As for the screw holes I have 1/16" holes in the drawing and I can open them up at any time I just kept them smaller until we decided on a screw size or came up with a better method. Do you think it would be fine if we only used the one or two most accessible screws for the lower board? Then i can just keep the columns there for support.

As for the thickness what if we left the bottom at 1/8" and take the sidewalls down to 1/16". Once again I appreciate all that you have done so far without you we would still just be looking at my pictures not know what to fix.

Oh man, short night. :) Since I have to do a couple other things before I get back on this how about I send you the prints I have done so far plus another one I have I was starting with that have the thinner walls and you can see what I am talking about. I know it's hard to see it and understand it without having it in your hand. PM me your address and I will send these to you and it will give us some mutual pieces to talk about.

ARG

Ooo that looks good in red! I need to buy some other colors of filament.

Any requests? I can print out the case in the next color I buy :p

Red, GITD Blue or yellow, preference in that order!!!! I WANT ONE AND I WANT IT NOW lol

Just a small update but it now has protruding letters instead of cutouts and the side walls are now 1/16" instead of 1/8". ARG I sent you the file if you wanted to see how it printed. Once I get the base perfect I can start to work on the lid ;)

CaseFInalARG1_zpsd0d8f22b.jpg

Nice my only question is can you add some feet to the side where the lettering is so it can still stand?

Maybe not even feet, how about a rectangular box around argmeter that has a decent thickness and is raised to the height of the lettering or maybe a little more???

Side note anyone looking to add the argmeter banner to there SIG just pm me and I can set you up.

Last edited: