Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Radiant X4: A LPM for the masses at Illumination Supply!

rhd

wow, it seems the forum has become more colorful since I last visited.
any thoughts, concerns, questions about the meter?
I'd be curious to know whether the 3.7W limit is something that may be increased in a future software update, or whether it's a hardware imposed limit.

Along those lines, is there anything in the works re: an LPM with a higher limit? It's not quite a necessity yet, but we're getting close.

csshih

I'd be curious to know whether the 3.7W limit is something that may be increased in a future software update, or whether it's a hardware imposed limit.

Along those lines, is there anything in the works re: an LPM with a higher limit? It's not quite a necessity yet, but we're getting close.
Working on it! :shhh:
Though.. Our main concerns with having a meter that is capable of higher powers is that people often forget to defocus their lasers before measuring.

Craig

hakzaw1

Working on it! :shhh:
Though.. Our main concerns with having a meter that is capable of higher powers is that people often forget to defocus their lasers before measuring.

Craig

Smoke is a sign of a focused laser IMO.

I was given a Speer- old school pocket LPM- whopping max 20mW-
and made for red tiny He Nes- but some told me I could use ND filters to read higher powers- I wonder how accurate that is..guess I could still try..

a small sticker [warning-laser must be defocused!]but where would you stick it??

Crazy high outputs we are seeing now--

hk

ARG

I could use ND filters to read higher powers- I wonder how accurate that is..guess I could still try..
Decently accurate depending on the filter.

I wouldn't bother though, a thermal meter is better for high power lasers, and an optical meter is better for lower powers. Different tool made for a different job :p

IWIRE

I really like my Radiant X4. It was my first LPM and served me well until my builds got past it's 3.7w limit. I have it set up next to my 7w LaserBee and still use it for the builds it will handle. Guess that tells you which one I like best :) It could be I'm just more use to the Radiant than I am to my new LPM. The Radiant seems to have quicker response to me . For what I paid for it, it is a lot of bang for the buck.

csshih

Looks like we'll need to get that higher power one finished, then. :shhh:

ImA4Wheelr

These are finally back in stock? I so wanted to buy one when you were running the relaunch special. Calvin or Craig, can you offer us LPM'ers a discount on this meter?

ru124t

Iwire, you could always sell it to me!!!!!! Pm if interested!

csshih

Any news :) ?
It's being worked on! We may have solved the power density problem.

These are finally back in stock? I so wanted to buy one when you were running the relaunch special. Calvin or Craig, can you offer us LPM'ers a discount on this meter?
Might have set the stock status wrongly, but we have plenty of stock! The cases are printed when an order comes in. Yeah, the launch was a bit rough. We'll have to look into bringing back that promotion properly.

so cool wish i could afford one
Sometime in the future :)

Order placed for 1 Radiant x4 and blue case :) :thanks:
Thanks! :)

paul1598419

Yeah. I got one with a blue case and it is still chugging along just fine. It is my favorite meter, too. It is the only one I have that does data logging. The LaserBee is fine, but I really like to data log.