Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Priceangels&DX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Jerry,
The link to my website has been in my profile from the day I joined the LPF or close to that 1st day. It just hasn't been in my signature file.
I'll maybe work on that after I get the corporate income taxes filed by tomorrow.

But, you would like a 3rd party to bring it to your attention if that happened, right?
That's what lead me among other facts to think that DX is aware and is actually owns PA much like techlasers is owned by WL.

My comments about getting a meter and not using it was from the fact that John didn't answer my questions regarding if after getting his meter, the lasers would tested and for instance a laser which he got from his supplier as a "200mw" that only outputs less than 100mw, would be still be sold as 200mw or if we can expect his lasers to be onspec; he didn't answer this question as far as I can tell, but maybe I missed it.

Anyway, have a good weekend Jerry and here's to you for supplying a low cost meter to help keep these guys honest (cheers).

Jack

Yeah... I finally found it in your profile... I put my info in
my Profile About Me page... Those I check...:D

Of course I would want to be notified in such a case... but I
would still handle it myself...

You have a nice weekend as well and thanks for your kind words
on our LPM...:beer:

Jerry

DTR

It is hard to find fault with John when he has been making a very good effort to get involved with the community here and respond to feedback especially for a DX/FP style seller. At least he is around to answer questions and he has been asked some difficult ones which he has given better answers than if you emailed DX and waited a week for them to respond. And if they do respond they speak in riddles and tap dance around the subject.:beer:

Sure, as a small-time laser hobbyist and student that is not currently earning a living I hardly have a say in this. But I'm a customer. And that should count for a lot, although all too often it doesn't.

Here's my take. At the beginning of this thread post PA didn't NECESSARILY do anything wrong. He may have, he may not have. But i don't think that anyone is in doubt that the DX email address was on the site. This is not necessarily wrong, and john does not have to tell us why it was there. There is no reason why he should have to tell us. But my opinion on this is that he should either answer with the truth or not answer. This is regardless of whether it was there legitimately or otherwise. Let's say it was there legitimately, we can shut people up by saying "if it was there legitimately he has no reason not to tell us!" but the "innocent have nothing to fear" argument doesn't hold out upon closer examination, so i'm not saying he needs to tell us why it was there. I'm saying he needs to not tell us lies and say it was not there. Because lies always undermine trust. And because this hobby is largely conducted overseas it is impossible for us to make a big deal when something goes wrong (except via paypal) and get the law involved, so we've got to rely on our trust for the companies concerned to decide where to place our order from.

Conversely, i think it was a really good move of john7788 and of PriceAngels to buy the LPM and to post on this forum and to give out the sample units and free gifts and I welcome companies like them. I'd say on this one the good things outweigh the single bad event and I will probably be buying from them as soon as i next need something Chinese.

But, PA, i would like to see this brought to completion. I do want to know why the email addresses were there, even if it's just out of curiousity.

It could be as simple as a mistake and he was not aware of the
E-Mail Addy... maybe he corrected it to CORRECT it instead of
as was suggested to hide something...

I've made similar mistakes when updating our website...
and corrected them once they were pointed out... He!! I
even make mistakes posting here sometimes...

As you said... he has proven up to this point that he wants
to be honest and honorable...
I would not have placed an order for 4 Lasers today if I didn't
trust him.... (and by 1st impression I trust no-one....)

Jerry

Last edited:
Sure, that'd be no problem. Except that he said they weren't there in the first place, when they were. That's what the problem is, to me at least. I bet if you make mistakes on your website or on LPF and you get called on them you admit to it and apologise. In fact, i've seen you do just that.

I'm suddenly realising I seriously overuse the comma...

But now, there is something wrong with the email system, it sometimes losts Email. we recommend our customers to tell us their questions via customer service system rather than Email.

Obviously by this comment he was unaware of the situation. He never lied. If you read his comments after this, all he says that PA, and DX are not the same company. He just didnt answer Jack because he was getting mad about people worrying about a mistake on his web page, and not about his products or service.

Actually, that (sort of thing) did occur to me. That it might be a language issue.

I tried to pull a quote to justify my point, but it's difficult to. In response to a whole bunch of people questioning as to why there WAS a DX support email address on their site, he said "I'm sorry,I think you'd better check it yourself." Meaning "Look, it's our email address now, not DX's". Either this is a problem with the meaning being lost in translation somewhere, or it's him deliberately misunderstanding to conceal something.

Obviously by this comment he was unaware of the situation. He never lied. If you read his comments after this, all he says that PA, and DX are not the same company. He just didnt answer Jack because he was getting mad about people worrying about a mistake on his web page, and not about his products or service.

^^^^ exactly ^^^^
I still don't see any wrong doing on his part...

Jerry

"I'm sorry,I think you'd better check it yourself." Meaning "Look, it's our email address now, not DX's". Either this is a problem with the meaning being lost in translation somewhere, or it's him deliberately misunderstanding to conceal something.

Its neither. He copied and pasted the text on DXs site, but didnt realize he copied the email address also. Only when someone said anything did he realize what happened, and changed it. The only thing he is guilty of of is copying some text off of DX. And once again, thats up to DX to do something about it, not us.

I'm going to go on Jerry's results. If Jerry gets good service from John as I expect he will, then that will be proof enough for me that Reliable John is in fact reliable.

Hi Tj,
Yes, I am biased in this case; but some of us just want the truth regarding the DX PA partnership / connection. I expect the reason DX isn't talking is because they are just different domain names under the same ownership.

Usually the WHOIS shows up the domain registrator company, and not the owner of the domain. I have an own domain, which is listed for the company i bought the domain from. My IRL friend also has her own domain registered under the same company, still we are different persons. :)
Domainuniverzum has like 1000 domains registered for themselves.

Hopefully this clears up a little.

Code:
Registrant Name:                             Peter Lennert
Registrant Organization:                     DomainUniverzum.com
Registrant Address1:                         Mora F. u. 5.
Registrant City:                             Balatonalmadi
Registrant State/Province:                   Veszprem

bootleg2go
[COLOR="red
"[SIZE="4"]If you are out to condemn sb., you can always trump up a charge[/SIZE]", ----an chinese Proverb

I don't want to introduce myself to you again, it your turn to introduce yourself to LPF. We have no idea where are you from, who are you or why are you always trying your best to find my fault or my company's with a microscope.

If you are an chinese, you'd better save your time to improve your products and customer service, what you are doing will be no help to your bussiness. I think the best way to improve one's own bussiness is to be honest.

If you are not chinese, thank goodness. You'd better read chinese low carefully and patiently firstly. We don't have and won't have any trouble in law .. Though we are not the same company with DX, but I have never denied we have some kind of relationship.

We will always be honest to our customers and always improve our products and service, that is all I can do and will do. But we will never be open to a competitor to let him know how our company operates and what's our relationship to another honest company.

attacking competitor is never a good policy for a company

T_J, lasersbee, and other friends of this great forum, Thanks for all your support.

I know it will be a hard time for me and my company, I will never change my attitude, which is to be honest, reliable, I will never leave way to someone.

I don't know why it happens to me, I have never attacked another company to improve my bussiness, I have never criticized another company to enhance my work, I don't think it is a honest way to do bussiness. Customers have the right to choose who deserves his visit and support.

Last edited:
In china, there is a saying : Distance tests a horse's stamina, and time reveals a person's heart

I can tell you, all LPM members, John and priceangels will always be here, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, or even 10 years.

I think you have adequate time to know more about priceangels, it not needed to effected by john's good words or some other member's ill words. You can judge it by yourself, you can make you decision by yourself, no one has the right to mislead you.

To those who still doubt that priceangels is a place you can trust, we will tell you the truth by our honest wish to serve, our unyielding endeavor to improve our service.

I'm happy to find our so many members support me, and I'm sad to see so many friends are criticizing me. I have done nothing wrong, john will always be reliable john.

thank you, BT and Trevor, thanks for your reminding, thank you both, you are nice.

I think, that's all my reply for this kind of joke played by BT (good name, BT has some kind of meanings in china.)

Reliable john

Last edited:

Trevor

Here you say that the email was never there, and it was all a fabrication by bootleg2go:

You said to LPF members, we have the same email with DX, I'd like to ask all members of LPF (except you and your mates in your company), have you ever seen the claimed "DX" email in my company? Neither LPM members nor my more than 100 thousands of customers have ever told me about the email.

Please notice that we are not a company who start for only 1 month or 1 year, we have been here for 4 years. I think it is ridiculous,foolish and incredible for us to put the wrong email in our website for 4 years!

I have a quesiton for you now:
You said you notice the email mistake weeks ago, but now you told me you copied it that time.. Then, there must be something need to be explained:
why a customer copy a company's customer service policy weeks ago?

it is not for difficulty for you to copy our words, and change the email to DX's.

Yet Google's cache, which is an unbiased indexer of webpages, which does not lie, recorded that email.

So did Google make it up?

Can you not just admit it was there?

What do you want to be known to reliably do? You're pretty reliably doing something right now. :whistle:

@T_J: Sorry, couldn't let this pass. Egregious.

-Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.