Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Priceangels&DX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain this to us without using questions or paraphases.

I think when you asked the question
"Do you think John and Andy are the same person, if they have the same family name, the same father and the same mother? "
You meant that PA and DX are owned/created by the same person.
I do not have a problem with that, I just want and up front answer.
Like I mentioned before, I do have a problem with website theft and plagiarism. I figure if someone does not take the time to create their own work for their business and rather steals from others, they are dishonest thieves and care not about running an honest business, but about making a fast buck anyway they can.

If you just admit that DX and PA have the same "parent" then we will know PA did not steal from DX.

acctually DX and PA are not owned by the same person. For DX is a listed company now. That means thousands of chinese are owners of DX, but PA has only 3 owners, I am one of the 3.

Now do you think they are the same??

Is it possible for me to list the name of 3 owners of PA and the name of thousands of DX owners, then you can compare the difference, and decide whether they are the same company?

clearer now?

BTW, Will you try your best to find out who is the the owners of BMW before order one?
as far as I know, a customer will pay attention to products and service only.
So I guess you are not and will never be a customer, but a competitor.
Sorry for my rude.

Last edited:

udanis

acctually DX and PA are not owned by the same person. For DX is an listed company now. That means thousands of chinese are owners of DX, but PA has only 3 owner, I am the one.

Now do you think they are the same??

Is it possible for me to list the name of 3 owners of PA and the name of thousands of DX owners, then you can compare the difference, and decide whether they are the same company?

clearer now?

I'm afraid you are a competitor of DX or PA, as far as I know, a customer will pay attention to products and service only. If you are a competitor, I suggest you to improve your service rather than attact your competitors, if you are a customer, you are welcome always by PA.

Sorry for my rude.

Okay that answers a lot of the questions. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but what about the dx support email addresses on your site?

Okay that answers a lot of the questions. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but what about the dx support email addresses on your site?

DX support email address? I'm afraid you may make some mistakes.
Our customer service stytem is different from DX, and of course the email is not the same.

But now, there is something wrong with the email system, it sometimes losts Email. we recommend our customers to tell us their questions via customer service system rather than Email.

udanis

I'm really not trying to be difficult, I'm just referring to this post (it's the second one down)

Do some google searches on the subject and learn.
I suspected this too a couple weeks ago and detailed reading of the priceangels site showed support email addresses of DX, so unless someone inside DX, stole the whole site and then forgot to change some of the email addresses, my money is on them being the same company operating under 2 or more names.

I'm really not trying to be difficult, I'm just referring to this post (it's the second one down)

I'm sorry,I think you'd better check it yourself. To tell you the truth, PA has more than 100 competitors in china, maybe that's the reason .

Last edited:

udanis

I looked yesterday didn't see anything, he said he looked a few weeks ago....that answers that (kinda)

It really wouldn't affected me if PA and DX were owned by the same people. I know that PA has a ton better customer service that DX and actually cares about their business/customer relations

I looked yesterday didn't see anything, he said he looked a few weeks ago....that answers that (kinda)

It really wouldn't affected me if PA and DX were owned by the same people. I know that PA has a ton better customer service that DX and actually cares about their business/customer relations

maybe DX is too large to think of each customer of theirs. (DX have billions of orders every year, we only have millions) . It is a challenge for a company to become larger if they are large enough.

But DX is one of the best companies after all.

Last edited:
I was going to order (UltraFire 500mW 532nm Back-Open Handheld Green Laser Pointer WF-502C) but I see that since I live in the U.S I can't! :(

DTR

I was going to order (UltraFire 500mW 532nm Back-Open Handheld Green Laser Pointer WF-502C) but I see that since I live in the U.S I can't! :(

John has already stated that he just put that on the site for some compliance. He has no problem sending lasers to the US despite what the site says.;)

John has already stated that he just put that on the site for some compliance. He has no problem sending lasers to the US despite what the site says.;)

Cool!
I guess I missed that, sometimes I suffer from CSS (can't see shit) :D

I wanted to buy it for a xmas gift.:san:

Yes, as DTR said no problem of shipping exists, the only problem is the output....
sorry, I can't make any guarantee of the real power before the LPM arrivel.

John

Hi udanis,
Here's the text I clipped from the PA terms of Use webpage a few weeks ago.
---------------------------------------------------
"4. Relationship among Buyers, PriceAngels and Suppliers

4.1 PriceAngels is an online agent for all Buyers, collecting purchase orders from the Buyers, to reinforce its price negotiation advantage against the Suppliers. It acts on behalf of the Buyers to purchase the products designated by the Buyers. Through the Site, PriceAngels.com provides an electronic web-based platform for displaying the products information and other common terms and conditions of the transactions provided by the Suppliers. Any Sellers who are interested in listing their products on Site are encouraged to contact our promotion agent according to the following contact: sellondx@gmail.com
-----------------------------------------------------
Notice this last line: sellondx@gmail.com
This was changed right away after I posted the fact that the PA site was stolen from DX and even still had the DX email address links.
If you look at the DX terms page, you will see that PA did a search and replace on "dealextreme" with "rpiceangels", but this missed the sellondx link.

If you do a google search on the keyword "sellondx@gamil.com" it will still show that the 3rd, 4th and 5th result are in the priceangels.com website.

PA corrected all of their links as far as I can tell since my post a couple weeks ago, but for John to play dumb and say they were never there is an outright lie.

We shall see how the PA lasers perform and how well they support their customers in time; but I personally would have a problem with ordering anything from someone who steals their website content from another company (no, it wasn't a "free" template as their copy had DX links in it).

I know John said he was going to buy a laserbee meter, but he never said it would be used to make sure people got the power level they order. For instance, if his meter shows the power to be 50mw, will it be sold as a 50mw, 100mw or 150mw; what will the use of the meter really be, if they are not going to be sold based on the what the meter reading is?
I think it's a waste to buy a meter, test the lasers; then sell them as they were marked from the factory in the qst place.

Sorry for the rant, but deception pisses me off, why not just be an honest business and give the customer the power level they actually ordered and invest a little time in their own company to create their own website rather than steal from others.

Last edited:

Trevor

There are a few possibilities:

• The entire site source was taken. Unlikely, unless someone stole the source and released it in China.
  • They used the same system as DX (modified OSC?) and used the same agreements.
  • It's a spinoff by former employees.
  • It's a legitimate DX spinoff site.

With any of these options, something came from DX - whether it was permission or stolen code. What we can be sure of is that we're not getting the whole truth.

SOMETHING came from DX - that email didn't get there by magic. We just want the truth.

-Trevor

Sounds like he just did a copy and paste. Something we all have done to one extent or another. There is no copyright, and its a common practice, regardless if its right or wrong.

Jack, you're biased in this. I see your points, but you are the competition. I would think the only person who has the right to bitch would be DX. You're rallying a linch mob, and the only 'crime' is plagiarism. And once again, is not frowned upon in China.

So far John has been honest, given out coupons, free prizes, and has backed up his word with returns of underspec lasers. He is trying hard to learn as much about lasers as all of us. He is even getting a LPM (from one of OUR members) to be honest about specs. To me these are the important issues, not if he copied and pasted a paragraph or two. He owes no one an explanation of how he set up the web page. If he was in the US, then maybe you'd have a point, but he is not. And some simple plagiarism (which is permissible in his country) is not going to stop anyone from buying onspec lasers at a good price.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Last edited:

Trevor

Sounds like he just did a copy and paste. Something we all have done to one extent or another. There is no copyright, so its a common practice, right or wrong.

Jack, you're biased in this. I see your points, but you are the competition. I would think the only person who has the right to bitch would be DX. You're rallying a linch mob, and the only 'crime' is plagiarism. And once again, is not frowned upon in China.

So far John has been honest, given out coupons, free prizes, and has backed up his word with returns of underspec lasers. He is trying hard to learn as much about lasers as all of us. He is even getting a LPM (from one of OUR members) to be honest about specs. To me these are the important issues, not if he copied and pasted a paragraph or two. He owes no one an explanation of how he set up the web page. If he was in the US, then maybe you'd have a point, but he is not. And some simple plagiarism (which is permissible in his country) is not going to stop anyone from buying onspec lasers at a good price.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I'm fine with the fact that it happened. I'm not fine with a lie to cover it.

Didn't another company recently have problems with lying? I forget. :angel:

-Trevor

Toke

I see your points, but you are the competition.
This whole tread suddenly makes a lot more sense.

bootleg2go,
Would you mind clarifying which company you represent?
Or even better, include it in your sig?

Status
Not open for further replies.