Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Priceangels&DX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just out of curiosity, is Priceangels and DX the same thing? Reason I ask is pretty much everything seems identical down to the processing backend. I've had a real shitty experience with DX not refunding me on a complete shipping fuckup on their end and I refuse to give them any more business. If Priceangels had no affiliation with them by some miracle that'd be super.

So, just out of curiosity, is Priceangels and DX the same thing? Reason I ask is pretty much everything seems identical down to the processing backend. I've had a real shitty experience with DX not refunding me on a complete shipping fuckup on their end and I refuse to give them any more business. If Priceangels had no affiliation with them by some miracle that'd be super.
Do some google searches on the subject and learn.
I suspected this too a couple weeks ago and detailed reading of the priceangels site showed support email addresses of DX, so unless someone inside DX, stole the whole site and then forgot to change some of the email addresses, my money is on them being the same company operating under 2 or more names.

I'm not convinced... DX will absolutely NOT ship to the USA
and will refund your money from the USA...

PA on the other hand says they have no problems shipping to
the USA...

But then again perhaps it's a ploy to get around the DX to USA
shipping stance... Need more Info/Proof...

Jerry

udanis

I don't not know their relationship, but it seems like PA has better customer service. I'm sure John, we be on soon (he usually gets on lpf around this time) and he'll probably comment on this

I'm not convinced... DX will absolutely NOT ship to the USA
and will refund your money from the USA...

PA on the other hand says they have no problems shipping to
the USA...

But then again perhaps it's a ploy to get around the DX to USA
shipping stance... Need more Info/Proof...

Jerry
Hi Jerry,
From what I've gathered reading through google searches.
I think you're right.
They are run by the same company DX.
It seems PA sells everything DX does and has the same website, except PA will ship lasers to the USA (or at least says they will even though they still have the DX warnings), they also sell counterfeit Nintendo DS cards which DX no longer does.

I speculate that when PayPal & Nintendo came down on DX for selling the counterfeit DS cards and perhaps other things as well, DX got the idea of creating a copy of their website under a new name that sells the contraband items, at least until PA gets in trouble for it, then I suppose they may create yet another site still if one is not already in the works.

udanis

To be honest both sites could be the same company. I whois looked up each and both are privately registered to the same company. Could be a coincidence (I use that company too). I took a look at their source code, they are fairly different. The sku's on products are also different. Lets look at 2 products that appear the same:
Super Mario Mini Mushroom Soft Figures (2-Pack) $3.15 Free Shipping
DealExtreme: $3.50 Super Mario Mini Mushroom Soft Figures (2-Pack)
The size listed is the exact same down to the 100th of an in. Although the weight, picture, and price are different.

I can't figure it out one way or another and I am really curious now!!!

Toke

Having a lot of identical products indicate that they use the same suppliers, nothing more.

Hello, sorry for my late

To tell you the truth, many other customers have asked me about the same question.
Now I have two quetions for you firstly:

Do you think John and Andy are the same person, if they have the same family name, the same father and the same mother? Do you think Rolls-Royce and BMW are the same company, only because they have some relationship in finance?

We are the same, if you consider both of us have the same supplier.
We are the same, if you consider both of us want to provide customers with good products in the lowest price.

we are different, if you consider PA is trying her best to give better service to all customers, PA is trying to give the last hope to the customers who have lost their faith with DX.

After all, there is a long way to go for us to be as large as DX, as popular as DX. But I will try my best, john will always be reliable john, priceangels will always be reliable priceangels.

Thanks all

reliable John

Last edited:
Hey man, that's all I wanted to hear. As long as you only share suppliers, thats the only thing that matters to me. You'll be receiving some orders from me shortly. ^_^

Hey man, that's all I wanted to hear. As long as you only share suppliers, thats the only thing that matters to me. You'll be receiving some orders from me shortly. ^_^

Thanks for your trust, and thanks for your understanding for that's all I can tell.

Don't forget to tell me before you order, then you will get some coupons, not too much though.
don't forget to tell me the order after you order, then I will make sure everthing will be Ok for you.

Thanks

reliable John

Last edited:
Hello, sorry for my late

Frankling speaking, many other customers have asked me about the same question.
Now I have a quetion for you:

Do you think John and Andy are the same person, if they have the same family name, the same father and the same mother? Do you think Rolls-Royce and BMW are the same company, only because they have some relationship in finance?

We are the same, if you consider both of us have the same supplier.
We are the same, if you consider both of us want to provide customers with good products in the lowest price.

we are different, if you consider PA is trying her best to give better service to all customers, PA is trying to give the last hope to the customers who have lost their faith with DX.

After all, there is a long way to go for us to be as large as DX, as popular as DX. But I will try my best, john will always be reliable john, priceangels will always be reliable priceangels.

Thanks all

reliable John

Hi John,
Does this mean that DX and PA are related "like brothers" and that they have the same "father (owner)"?
It's hard to understand exactly what your answer is when your answer is given with more questions & paraphrases.

Please answer yes or no to these questions.
1. Are PA & DX related in any way besides using the exact same suppliers?
2. Did PA steal the DX website?
If PA and DX are not owned by the same entity, I see it very difficult to believe that DX would offer to give away all of it's sourcecode and hard work to a competitor (a company selling the exact same items).
A couple of weeks ago when I read the details of the PA website it still had DX support email addresses on their site that have since been changed to PA email address since I brought this to your attention a couple weeks ago; so we know the site is an exact copy of the DX with just the company name changed with minor changes to some product links and such.

Please explain this to us without using questions or paraphases.

I think when you asked the question
"Do you think John and Andy are the same person, if they have the same family name, the same father and the same mother? "
You meant that PA and DX are owned/created by the same person.
I do not have a problem with that, I just want and up front answer.
Like I mentioned before, I do have a problem with website theft and plagiarism. I figure if someone does not take the time to create their own work for their business and rather steals from others, they are dishonest thieves and care not about running an honest business, but about making a fast buck anyway they can.

If you just admit that DX and PA have the same "parent" then we will know PA did not steal from DX.

Could just be that their supplier offers the ecomm integration software as a customizable package they roll out independently.

Toke

Could just be that their supplier offers the ecomm integration software as a customizable package they roll out independently.

Quite likely, different forums can use the same software/interface too, with some customizations. Many shipping companies use the AMOS maintenance and stores system on-board their vessels.

If I remember right, Focalprice ripped off DXs site template, and did a huge DoS attack on DX last year. Maybe the template is common. After all there is no copyright in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.