Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

Gabe

I got a couple more, vortish :)
This one I took a couple nights ago during a severe thunderstorm, it is yet another long exposure shot. My iPad was at minimal sensitivity, so the clouds seem very contrasted. It was actually totally dark out, the sky is illuminated solely by lightning. I apologize for the nasteh graininess:

And this one I found from spring earlier this year, a usually frozen but recently melted mini pond in my backyard was over the sidewalk to our garage, so we put some gravel on it to avoid slippage. As it warmed up each individual pebble melted quickly through the underwater ice sheet, leaving a neat polka-dot pattern:

Last edited:
Just california things... simultaneously having a drought, flood, and wildfires all at once

IV-9 Numitron clock in mint tin , with Lipo battery and 5V Boost/charger .

There will soon be a relay switch over system to run the clock from USB power while the Lipo is charged and then switch back to Lipo/Boost when USB power is removed , still with a manual ON/OFF switch in both cases .

IMG_1231[1] by TwirlyWhirly555, on Flickr

IMG_1230[1] by TwirlyWhirly555, on Flickr

Last edited:
IV-9 Numitron clock in mint tin , with Lipo battery and 5V Boost/charger .

There will soon be a relay switch over system to run the clock from USB power while the Lipo is charged and then switch back to Lipo/Boost when USB power is removed , still with a manual ON/OFF switch in both cases .

Would +rep for the little hood props if I could.
:D

Would +rep for the little hood props if I could.
:D

Thanks : D I never planed to have them but after space limits I added them , they do add to the look I think ,

yesterday I made another single digit clock just as a prototype using one of the largest VFD digits around , runs from a 2.2Ah Lipo with two boost converters , 5V for logic and 24V for VFD anodes with all the electronics sitting on the back of the VFD : D

Just have to modify code to display the time digit at a time .

IMG_1234[1] by TwirlyWhirly555, on Flickr

IMG_1235[1] by TwirlyWhirly555, on Flickr

Last edited:

APEX1

found this in my phone lol Any and all vets here will understand
images-20_zps7q6wmu8v.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Second tin clock to go with my IV9 one

New one uses 4 FFD11 minitron displays , two 16 bit shift registers , Boost converter with replay switch over for Lipo charging .

002 by TwirlyWhirly555, on Flickr

Last edited:

Gabe

I apologize in advance for the large panoramas, I can't resize them on my iPad. First off are some long exposure shots I took of firepits, flaming sticks, sparks and embers:

^my new background btw^

This is from an overlook from some place in southwestern Alberta:

Im not sure if this photo will get compressed, but this is/was an extremely detailed pano of Crescent falls:

Here is a close up of the 90 foot waterfall:

You could go right up to it, so I did. And decided to dangle my feet over certain death if I slipped :)

The feeling of sitting next to a roaring, what seemed like slow motion waterfall was amazing.

I get off the plane today and see this:

5313daab-d010-437e-881b-1a86127f6e50.jpg
8862f656-1b0e-446c-82e0-6ba4231b4dbd.jpg

I said BAHAMA, not BARROW...

Last edited: