Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

I've been playing around with some UV reactive dye and my 405nm. Sorry they're a little blurry this is a very hard thing for a camera to try to focus on. They still look pretty cool. When I get this a bit more dialed in I will make a thread of pics. I have some fun ideas to play around with.
photo218_zps0302b8e1.jpg

photo310_zps7b24a55b.jpg

photo38_zps338c8474.jpg

photo119_zps296856c7.jpg

photo219_zpscbeacfee.jpg

So I went to Cabelas in Dundee, MI for the first time recently. I cannot believe how much taxidermy is in this store. I like animals but I prefer them still alive stuffed animals aren't my thing. For instance the fishing area had basic fish like pike all the way to different sharks and hundreds more lining the walls. Just outside the gun room there was an elephant bunch of lions monkeys all kinds of stuff in a safari scene that was also gigantic. But the center of the store has the mountain with shit everywhere. there isn't a spot in the store that isn't covered with a stuffed animal. I'll take better pictures next time I'm there sorry for the couple poor shots.

Cabelas1.jpg

Cabelas2.jpg

Last edited:
So I went to Cabelas in Dundee, MI for the first time recently. I cannot believe how much taxidermy is in this store. I like animals but I prefer them still alive stuffed animals aren't my thing. For instance the fishing area had basic fish like pike all the way to different sharks and hundreds more lining the walls. Just outside the gun room there was an elephant bunch of lions monkeys all kinds of stuff in a safari scene that was also gigantic. But the center of the store has the mountain with shit everywhere. there isn't a spot in the store that isn't covered with a stuffed animal. I'll take better pictures next time I'm there sorry for the couple poor shots.

Cabelas1.jpg

Cabelas2.jpg

That's overkill for a store and a lot of museums. I wonder how many are fake though.

That's overkill for a store and a lot of museums. I wonder how many are fake though.

I don't believe any are fake. A lot of the displays have pictures and dates and details from when the company owner "Dick" (very fitting name) went on the hunts to kill the animals. Most have pictures of the bum standing over the kill smiling. Google search provided some info.

Do a Google search for "Cabelas taxidermy display" and click images

Cabela's dead animals worthy of a museum - Animals in Print - Action Alerts Number - A Newsletter concerned with: advances, alerts, animal, animals, attitude, attitudes, beef, cat, cats, chicken, chickens, compassion, consciousness, cows, cruelty, da

P.S. your in luck there is a Cabelas in South Carolina :).....not sure how close you are though.

Last edited:
I think I have been in one before. I have looked at their website though. That store is about 2.5 hours away. I've been in a few Bass Pro stores though.

Trophy hunting is lame IMHO. I don't care about mounting dead animals on the walls. It just seems weird. To take pictures with them and all of that just makes it worse. Humans have been hunting for many years. At least the trophy part of it didn't exist back then. If it did, it wasn't nearly as popular. They made good use of everything they could such as food, clothing, tools, etc.

I'm not against hunting, eating meat or anything else like that. Hunting, deer, elk, whatever is more than likely more humane than mass butchers producing beef, chicken, pork or whatever else stores sell as long as it's done properly.

O MY GOD. ^^^^

I can tell 2 things by this pic. Someone has a good paying job and someone has great taste.
Bravo sir. Bravo.

gozert

I must admit, aside of how horrible of a company WL is. The hosts they use for their lasers have really outstanding looks and cool backlit switches. It even crossed my mind to get one of their Evo lasers just for the host and then build a 405nm in it. Too bad they're hard to take apart.

Made some modifications to my Fluval Edge aquarium recently.
I added some more plants in the back and rearranged some of the smaller ones. I have to say, realistic looking plastic plants are very hard to find. Spent hours shopping online for some non cheapo aquarium plants.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here are my two Cobra Endler fish with twin sword tails. I have had them for almost a year now and haven't named either of them :p

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• WIN_20141214_134528.JPG
    WIN_20141214_134528.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 194
  • WIN_20141214_134413.JPG
    WIN_20141214_134413.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 195
  • WIN_20141214_135020.JPG
    WIN_20141214_135020.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 193