Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pico Laser Projector sold for parts at ebay

Grix

I just found this, it might be of interest to some:

Microvision Showwx Laser Pico Projector | eBay

It's a small laser projector that contains two diodes: One 640nm and one 450nm, plus a tiny green module that is not DPSS, but not a diode either, apparently it's directly doubled from 1064nm. All this for just $50. It's sold as-is, apparently not working, but I think that the odds of the modules still working is high.

Here's a teardown by rhd:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/h...ojector-450nm-640nm-non-dpss-green-64072.html

I'd try ordering one myself, but the seller only ships to USA.

Hiemal

Oh neat, I want one... Figures. I hate having such a small budget all the time. :(

Things

Careful, the reason they may be sold as is might be because someone has already removed the lasers.

How is it that the batteries for all of these units are conveniently missing?

DTR

Careful, the reason they may be sold as is might be because someone has already removed the lasers.

Thought of that and sent him a message as I was slightly interested. Here was his reply.

Dear dtr-lpf,

I don't think it is missing any parts. the sticker in the back where the battery is suppose to be hasn't been torn. I have a buyer that is going to check if it has missing parts. I will let you know when he gets back to me. Thanks

daguin

I just got mine

The battery is missing

The diodes are intact

I have not tested them yet

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** -- Can we confirm that this identifies the correct position of the red and blue diodes?
33475d1310028168-harvesting-teardown-pico1-projector-450nm-640nm-non-dpss-green-paths.jpg

Also, are the pinouts "standard" for blue and red?

Last edited:

Hiemal

The osram diode should be like any other blue diode...

and I believe the red is like the Mitsubishi 635 nm ones so it should also be the same. Also, I have a good feeling these are still working fine, other than the batteries missing. (you should be able to hack one together using a cellphone battery or a 18650 cell to test it with)

The reason I say so, is what could have happened to them that would cause them to fail? If they don't have any physical damage it doesn't seem like there'd be any other form or reason for not working right.

Last edited:

Things

I have a spare battery if you'd Like Dave, but I gather you'll be ripping the diodes instead :)

daguin

I have a spare battery if you'd Like Dave, but I gather you'll be ripping the diodes instead :)

I bought another one to see if it could work. I figured I could buy a battery and charger cable. This way should work out cheaper (cheaper is good). I'll pop you a PM

Peace,
dave

I don't think it is missing any parts. the sticker in the back where the battery is suppose to be hasn't been torn. I have a buyer that is going to check if it has missing parts. I will let you know when he gets back to me. Thanks

Hi Guys Yes that was me as i purchase 3 units one w/corrupt sticker! The one with the corrupt sticker had like a "beta sticker" on it , but the bad part was it wouldnt power on just blue led flashing. upon taking it apart i realised the blue laser which should do 40-50 mw was not close to that. It seems like these blue diodes dont "pop" rather fade away to a dimished output (still lazing tho). Jo said she has more units with corrup stickers, but im not interesed in them @$50 each..........

Last edited:
If these turn out to not be all that bad, I think these might have a good place in replicating the "pink" RB lasers from CNI.