Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pico Laser Projector sold for parts at ebay

Hiemal

http://i.imgur.com/OrgAscG.jpg

Mine works fine. c:

I just used a 14500 battery to test it with. You can jump the leads to the positive and negative terminals to power it up.

It'll shut down relatively quick again, since it has no way of measuring the voltage (that's what the other two terminals are for) so it guesses the battery is dead.

I'm pretty happy that mine works fine! :D

Edit; Nevermind, hah, turns out the battery I was using really WAS dead. I changed it out with a fresh 18650 battery and the projector runs happily with it. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: ARG
Does the projector use a standard type of cable to connect an input? Do you need a special cable to connect your computer or phone?

Things

It uses a Micro USB connector, same as pretty much all phones (Except the iPhones and such).

It'll also run from USB without a battery installed.

Last edited:
So if you just plug it into your computer, it will recognize it as an external monitor out?
If so, sounds great, I may order one. I see he increased the price by $10, but still a fair price if it works.

ARG

Can any of you Americans do me a favour and drop-ship one of these for me? The seller wont ship international.
I really need to get a USA PO box...

PM me if you can. :)

Edit: Thank you, got this covered.

Last edited:

Fiddy

from one of the listings i saw this:

$T2eC16JHJF0E9nmFQh!vBRMr+-PIE!~~60_3.JPG

Hiemal

from one of the listings i saw this:

$T2eC16JHJF0E9nmFQh!vBRMr+-PIE!~~60_3.JPG

Uniden was the manufacturer of the projectors in Australia. In North America it's Microvision.

They're basically the same exact projector just a different paint job.

ARG

Neat, they list the blue as 442nm. Aren't most blue diodes above 445nm?
They also listed the green 532nm, RHD read his at 525nm, didn't he? It'll be interesting to see the wavelengths of this when I get mine, I've got a spectrometer coming :)

Hiemal

Neat, they list the blue as 442nm. Aren't most blue diodes above 445nm?
They also listed the green 532nm, RHD read his at 525nm, didn't he? It'll be interesting to see the wavelengths of this when I get mine, I've got a spectrometer coming :)

RHD gave a rough wavelength reading of the blue diode using a diffraction grating and found it to be between 445 nm and 473 nm. Higher than the C@sio diodes, but lower than 473 nm.

So they ought to appear brighter per mW than the multimode ones...

As to the greenie, he used an actual spectrometer on that one and I think he found it to be 530 nm...

Things

So if you just plug it into your computer, it will recognize it as an external monitor out?
If so, sounds great, I may order one. I see he increased the price by $10, but still a fair price if it works.

No, it can be powered from USB, it just shows up as a tiny removable storage device for firmware updates, still need to give a video input from the bottom.

ARG

RHD gave a rough wavelength reading of the blue diode using a diffraction grating and found it to be between 445 nm and 473 nm. Higher than the C@sio diodes, but lower than 473 nm.

So they ought to appear brighter per mW than the multimode ones...

As to the greenie, he used an actual spectrometer on that one and I think he found it to be 530 nm...

Found it :D

http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/confirmed-osram-plt4-new-blue-wavelength-65070.html
Blue was read at 457nm (very roughly, no spectrometer)

http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/single-mode-445nm-640nm-micro-532nm-68953.html#post1025868
Green was read at 528nm

Strange that the label is off by such a large margin on the blue diode. :thinking: I wonder why that is.

Last edited:
Last edited:

daguin

It only comes with what you see in the picture

Peace,
dave

So just to verify, those who bought from this seller, no cables were included of any sort, correct? Because the cheapest cable I found in order to get it working is this: Amazon.com: Replacement Composite Cable for MicroVision SHOWWX/SHOWWX+: Electronics

yes Dave's correct only projector no battery,and no cables.

Problem with that cable is you will only get a VGA output and not an HD so when on screen movment are watched you see the lines ? not sure about the terminology, but you get the idea. can you locate the Ipod type connector for it? But then again now you need a "I" type device to drive it! .....:undecided:

Last edited:

ARG

Problem with that cable is you will only get a VGA output and not an HD so when on screen movment are watched you see the lines ? not sure about the terminology, but you get the idea. can you locate the Ipod type connector for it? But then again now you need a "I" type device to drive it! .....:undecided:

I think the projector has an extremely small resolution, HD does not matter because I don't think it can support it.