Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PHR-803T for about $20

The only thing you left out is to remove the thin circuit "card" on the back of the diode (unless that was inferred)
Looks good - oh, the MOST important thing - use the discount code when ordering from me :) LPFROX! It is having issues sometimes, but throw me an email, and I will do a manual 10% refund if the code doesn't function !

rkcstr

Kind of off topic... but I found this auction on Ebay for someone probably selling these diodes in modules... and those wires sticking out look familiar ;D (for those wondering, take a look at the driver pics in my for sale thread, lol)

daguin

rkcstr said:
Kind of off topic... but I found this auction on Ebay for someone probably selling these diodes in modules... and those wires sticking out look familiar ;D (for those wondering, take a look at the driver pics in my for sale thread, lol)

Which auction?

Peace,
dave

PHR-803T Diode: $25
Aixiz or DX housing: $5
Rckstr driver: $10

Sell on Ebay for $140: $100 pure profit.

I think maybe I do need to start making extras of everything and selling them. I haven't just because there are so many wares on this site of much higher quality for good prices, but there's that kind of profit potential on Ebay for the most simple of builds? Wow.

daguin

pullbangdead said:
PHR-803T Diode: $25
Aixiz or DX housing: $5
Rckstr driver: $10

Sell on Ebay for $140: $100 pure profit.

I think maybe I do need to start making extras of everything and selling them. I haven't just because there are so many wares on this site of much higher quality for good prices, but there's that kind of profit potential on Ebay for the most simple of builds? Wow.

It's not quite that simple or that cheap.

Peace,
dave

No, not quite that easy, but still about as easy as they come. Remove one diode from the player and press it into a housing, only have to soldier 2 pins on the laser diode to attach the board, and ta-da! It appears that that's ALL they did for that sale on Ebay, and it doesn't get much simpler than that.

And I think it really was that cheap. You can't buy an 803 for that cheap now that geeks is out, but add $10 more in costs, still not too shabby of a return on investment.

daguin

pullbangdead said:
No, not quite that easy, but still about as easy as they come. Remove one diode from the player and press it into a housing, only have to soldier 2 pins on the laser diode to attach the board, and ta-da! It appears that that's ALL they did for that sale on Ebay, and it doesn't get much simpler than that.

And I think it really was that cheap. You can't buy an 803 for that cheap now that geeks is out, but add $10 more in costs, still not too shabby of a return on investment.

I guess you'll just have to wait for your first PayPall dispute or credit card charge back to learn.

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** oh yeah, and PayPal fees
**EDIT** and eBay fees
**EDIT** and returned "faulty" merchandise

daguin said:
I guess you'll just have to wait for your first PayPall dispute or credit card charge back to learn.

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** and eBay fees

Been there done that go the t-shirt :-[ The worst is ARGON LASERS... My modules are set very conservatively to lessen the degree of the last one- but you still get the the type that remove parts etc, and claim DOA.

daguin

heruursciences said:
[quote author=daguin link=1210732931/288#295 date=1213716847] I guess you'll just have to wait for your first PayPall dispute or credit card charge back to learn.

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** and eBay fees

Been there done that go the t-shirt :-[ The worst is ARGON LASERS... My modules are set very conservatively to lessen the degree of the last one- but you still get the the type that remove parts etc, and claim DOA.
[/quote]

I've had them return DIFFERENT merchandise (not just damaged but completely different) for their "deserved" refund.

Peace,
dave

I use to sell computer parts on eBay and stopped because of all the drama and PayPal issues. Was mostly doing it for the fun of it...not anymore. Especially since now sellers cant leave negative feedback for buyers

OK.

Fhew!!

I've just finished reading the whole entire thread.
YES, ALL OF IT.

Damn i am too late for the drives!

but wth, i learned a lot of those rckstr drives and even more from daguin's answers.

thanks guys.

I am willing to bet that there were at LEAST a few hundred thousand of these made.. HDDVD DID last a few years, and Toshiba was the exclusive manufacturer of the players. Finding them is the troubling part.