Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PHR-803T for about $20

DealExtreme "dangerous"? It takes forever for the stuff to arrive, but my experiences have been generally positive.

bmansc

Bionic-Badger said:
DealExtreme "dangerous"? It takes forever for the stuff to arrive, but my experiences have been generally positive.

I think he means dangerous because you want to buy one of everything ;D Components for too many different projects... LEDs, flashlights, lasers, etc

Jules

LOL Exactly I wnat to add all that stuff to my checkout page!

Well, I have another DVD drive on order. 26 bucks with shipping slickdeals still gives discount

Jules

bmansc

Might have to order another drive or two myself... I wanted one to keep in my computer, but I seem to keep taking them apart when they arrive :eek:

daguin

bmansc said:
Might have to order another drive or two myself... I wanted one to keep in my computer, but I seem to keep taking them apart when they arrive :eek:

My wife asked me this weekend if there was any way that she could have a DVD player in her computer. She asked, "Can we get these? Could you put one in for me?" I answered, "Yes" and took one out of the closet. :-[

She was NOT impressed that: 1) I would have these "valuable" units just sitting around. 2) That I had not put one in for her already. and 3) that I would be tearing up what she was coveting just to build a "toy". All is well now though :)

Peace,
dave

V

V1.15

daguin said:
[quote author=bmansc link=1210732931/168#179 date=1213111549]Might have to order another drive or two myself... I wanted one to keep in my computer, but I seem to keep taking them apart when they arrive :eek:

My wife asked me this weekend if there was any way that she could have a DVD player in her computer. She asked, "Can we get these? Could you put one in for me?" I answered, "Yes" and took one out of the closet. :-[

She was NOT impressed that: 1) I would have these "valuable" units just sitting around. 2) That I had not put one in for her already. and 3) that I would be tearing up what she was coveting just to build a "toy". All is well now though :)

Peace,
dave[/quote]
That is classic! Sounds like my house :lol:

I can host a group buy of them for the international people if interested. I do *A LOT* of int'l sales and am experienced in this field.

Would ask $30 for the head DELIVERED would add about $5 more to extract and ESD safe the diode for you.

Interestingly the drive still works fine for CD's and normal DVD's if you carefully extract the blue laser :eek:

V

V1.15

heruursciences said:
Interestingly the drive still works fine for CD's and normal DVD's if you carefully extract the blue laser :eek:
You tried it too? ;D

I thought I was the only one dumb enough to do it!

Yup a flat blade jewelers screw driver and an exacto blade is all it takes to salvage the violet diode minimally destructively.

Also found out the mfr's revoked the HW key for these drives for hd-dvd playback! In short they really are good only for the diodes! I really don't get the point of revoking a HD-DVD key on an IDE device since the playback would be similar to normal DVD anyway. Sounds like yet another way for greedy movie mafiosos to squeeze a few more dimes out.

HD-DVD sucked to begin with, Now we know why they are so cheap! ;D

Anyway they are nice to add fast dvd and cd playback to freebie systems I build to donate to schools, homeschoolers etc.

Not meaning to jack the thread or anything, but it's certainly possible to do a cr123 host. The lower limit in logical size is the driver board, and I managed to fit the lava drive into my cr2 host, which over all is shorter than 1 aa battery, and a little wider. Check my post if you're interested.

I'm shamelessly posting... only because I want to have 10 posts lol so I can post links and PM.

fibrizo said:
Not meaning to jack the thread or anything, but it's certainly possible to do a cr123 host. The lower limit in logical size is the driver board, and I managed to fit the lava drive into my cr2 host, which over all is shorter than 1 aa battery, and a little wider. Check my post if you're interested.

I'm shamelessly posting... only because I want to have 10 posts lol so I can post links and PM.
Sorry to burst your bubble... You need 30 posts to do links
Atleast last time I checked