Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photobucket just deleted;

BobMc

This is unrelated, my apologies.
But I just added a few names to my LPF Stick including yours, so I'll post them tomorrow :)

No worries. just don't use photobucket. :tinfoil:

Phew

:banghead:
This PhotoBucket action should equated to ransomware business..

This is so true ArcticDude, it is like holding a business at ransom. All the pictures that I've posted since I've been a member here are gone. Only update two posts so far, and that took a couple of hours to find all the pictures. :banghead:

Last edited:

Alaskan? :D

No worries. just don't use photobucket. :tinfoil:

This is so true Alaskan, it is like holding a business at ransom. All the pictures that I've posted since I've been a member here are gone. Only update two posts so far, and that took a couple of hours to find all the pictures. :banghead:

BobMc

So sorry ArcticDude, my apologies. Got a good excuse though, haven't had my coffee yet, and a man just can't be held responsible for deeds done before intake of caffeine. :D

Fixing it, ooops :tinfoil:

So sorry ArcticDude, my apologies. Got a good excuse though, haven't had my coffee yet, and a man just can't be held responsible for deeds done before intake of caffeine. :D

Fixing it, ooops :tinfoil:

Apologies accepted! I'm having same situtiation, just having first cup of coffee and time is 1:20 PM
:tired:

That's too bad BobMc...
Here's a snippet from their Terms of Use...

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

• Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.
  • Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
  • Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.
  • Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).

• Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:
o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.
o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.
o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

How much Data are you using on their site ???

Jerry

Last edited:
They recently updated their terms, I don't know what the change was though.

Last edited:

BobMc

Apologies accepted! I'm having same situtiation, just having first cup of coffee and time is 1:20 PM
:tired:

Thanks. :) it was 0230-ish when I made the post. Had just started to wake up. Went outside to get some beam shots and to much air traffic. :(

That's too bad BobMc...

How much Data are you using on their site ???

Jerry

Lots, it's the only photo site I use. Time to learn a new one.:can:

I don't know if this is the case with everyone, but for me it isn't that they have deleted images. Just that they don't allow hotlinking anymore. Kind of ridiculous as that's the whole point of an IMAGE HOSTING site. So they will lose my business. They have been on the downhill for years, I exceeded my bandwidth limit once a few years ago and signed up to pro. No ads, unlimited usage, something like £20 a year, which is reasonable hosting charge. I don't think I'll renew now though, and just find somewhere else like imgur.

Alaskan: if you are reading, thanks for the rep... although I think you meant to put green instead of red lol

I don't know how that happens sometimes, sorry someone please fix his rep for us.

BobMc

I don't know if this is the case with everyone, but for me it isn't that they have deleted images. Just that they don't allow hotlinking anymore. Kind of ridiculous as that's the whole point of an IMAGE HOSTING site. So they will lose my business. They have been on the downhill for years, I exceeded my bandwidth limit once a few years ago and signed up to pro. No ads, unlimited usage, something like £20 a year, which is reasonable hosting charge. I don't think I'll renew now though, and just find somewhere else like imgur.

Alaskan: if you are reading, thanks for the rep... although I think you meant to put green instead of red lol

20.00 a year is reasonable for unlimited. Their asking 399.00 per year and thanks crazy.

I tried to get my photo back off from photobucket yesterday and they would let me put them back on my computer or email them. Couldn't move them off the site.

Could have been something I was doing wrong, but I worked on it a bit. :confused:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
A wise move by PB, at this point would be to temporarily restore the 3rd party hosting feature (now that they have everyone's attention) and perhaps modify their pricing structure fees to gauge acceptance for the new TOS.

That would be great, but unfortunately, I don't see idiots backing off; there's always that slim chance though.
A more reasonable and realistic fee structure would at least be tolerated by many of their customers.

Phew...
Just finished my image move away from PhotoBucket... I had only 20-30 images there but still it was a quite a job re-post them in Enchanted beams thread... :scowl:

I can't imagine how frustrating that feels to people who have hundreds of images in PB... :banghead:

This PhotoBucket action should equated to ransomware business..

That's were I'm at right now, I've been using PB since I joined LPF in 2012, and have many hundreds of photos that have disappeared overnight!

This is so true ArcticDude, it is like holding a business at ransom. All the pictures that I've posted since I've been a member here are gone. Only update two posts so far, and that took a couple of hours to find all the pictures. :banghead:

Yep, unfortunately, it'll be damn near impossible to fix them all.:mad:

Last edited:
That would be great, but unfortunately, I don't see idiots backing off; there's always that slim chance though.
A more reasonable and realistic fee structure would at least be tolerated by many of their customers.

That's were I'm at right now, I've been using PB since I joined LPF in 2012, and have many hundreds of photos that have dissapeared overnight!

That sucks man. Sorry to hear it!

BobMc

I thinking just re-post what can, little here little there when/where I can. The rest I thinking about deleting the whole post, but than I'm deleteing everybody's else's comments . I'm think that might not be fair to them. :confused: :thinking:

Last edited:
I thinking just re-post what can, little here little there when/where I can. The rest I thinking about deleting the whole post, but than I'm deleteing everybody's else's comments . I'm think that might not be fair to them. :confused: :thinking:

Yeah, that would be nice to re-post what you can.. This is totally nightmare..

BobMc

Yeah, that would be nice to re-post what you can.. This is totally nightmare..

The problem is like I stated, photobucket won't let me take any of my own pictures off their site??

Hopefully I'm doing something wrong. If anyone knows how to do it please shout out, I worked on it yesterday, tried everything I could think, of even tried to email them to myself, crash and burn.:cryyy: