Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photobucket just deleted;

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I've been looking around at many of these photo hosting sites, and am leaning towards Imgur, since they seem to have decent editing capabilities, unfortunately, the way I read their offerings, it seems to work from your computer and not their mobile app.
Since I do a lot from a mobile device, it would be great to be able to do editing from my tablet or phone.
If anyone here uses Imgur, is it possible to use the edit feature from a mobile device?

I've been looking around at many of these photo hosting sites, and am leaning towards Imgur, since they seem to have decent editing capabilities, unfortunately, the way I read their offerings, it seems to work from your computer and not their mobile app.
Since I do a lot from a mobile device, it would be great to be able to do editing from my tablet or phone.
If anyone here uses Imgur, is it possible to use the edit feature from a mobile device?

https://www.jottacloud.com/en/photos/apps.html

:)

pbn.jpg

:na:

for years I have expected to see a pic in many threads/posts, only to be disappointed and seeing something else altogether..

if its a matter of storage space for LPF -lots would be freed up if we stop the practice of quoting an entire OP or post that is pic heavy.. don't need to see those SAME pics over and over.. just copy and post into the text..or just pics you are posting about.... same with oversizing-
I have zero chance of EVER getting any ISP better than dial=up netzero

- as 'other' ISPs I would be required to buy also either cable or Sat.TV-- don't want or need.. cant afford.. so IF the pics are TOO SMALL for you--try ctrl +--I only post 'thumbs'
so you must enlarge away..

BobMc

It will be curious to see what becomes of Pohotobucket after this move. Can't see them staying in business. Wonder if it will stand or be an example for other sites. :thinking:

BobMc

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they are backing off of their new policy, at least not yet. Here is the latest from Photobucket, plastered across the top of their site, as of today 7/6/17.

Photobucket Please review the latest changes at Photobucket. - Photobucket

I wish them the best.

I will never return, if they think they can treat their cusotmers that way. It's for someone else.

I've have been, will be using the photo sharing site Canon offers, it's seem so much quicker and easier.

The bummer is " in time " I'm going to have to go back and re-post all the pictures that photobucket deleled. ( where I can find them)

Yes it's a pain. But gotta do it :tinfoil:

Yeah, $399/year just to have the ability to host on 3rd party sites? Lol. I know I've mentioned it before, but have any of you guys given Photobox a try yet? It's, free and easy to use. No I am not payed by them to say that :beer: Just thought I'd share it :)

Upload your photos

-Alex

diachi

Yeah, $399/year just to have the ability to host on 3rd party sites? Lol. I know I've mentioned it before, but have any of you guys given Photobox a try yet? It's, free and easy to use. No I am not payed by them to say that :beer: Just thought I'd share it :)

Upload your photos

-Alex

Haven't read the policy, but yes, sounds like you need to pay them in order to link your images on other sites, the way we do here with forum posts.

Basically holding people's pictures for ransom with no warning. Even for the folk that can download their pictures, the issue is that they need to go through potentially years of posts and update the links. That's a lot of work.

I recommend Imgur, as others here have. Although I'm not a fan on what they've done with the UI in recent months/the last year...

Last edited:

BobMc

Upload your photos

-Alex

Yes, actually I have. After your last post about them I used them to re-post my "Museum" thread. Yes they were a lots easier/quicker than photobucket. Was very happy with them until I bought a new camera and with it came access to Canon's photo sharing site which was easier and quicker still. Seeing how I'm a old and lazy fart ( playing old age card ) :) I would most differently still be using them. Do appericate the "heads up", To all that need a photo sharing site they are worth looking at. :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I recommend Imgur, as others here have. Although I'm not a fan on what they've done with the UI in recent months/the last year...

I'm giving them a try right now, I've taken a bunch of new pics of a new build that I'm going to post soon. So far it seems pretty straight forward, just trying familiarize myself with the details.

I'm having a bit of trouble loading pics from my phones photo gallery with their mobile app though.
I think I have to touch on the "camera" icon at the bottom center of the page so that it can have access to my gallery photos.
I haven't done that yet since it says it wants access to all my gallery pics, I was hoping I could just load the pics that I was going to use at that particular time.

Yes, actually I have. After your last post about them I used them to re-post my "Museum" thread. Yes they were a lots easier/quicker than photobucket. Was very happy with them until I bought a new camera and with it came access to Canon's photo sharing site which was easier and quicker still. Seeing how I'm a old and lazy fart ( playing old age card ) :) I would most differently still be using them. Do appericate the "heads up", To all that need a photo sharing site they are worth looking at. :)

You're welcome. Glad you liked it :yh::yh:

-Alex

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they are backing off of their new policy, at least not yet. Here is the latest from Photobucket, plastered across the top of their site, as of today 7/6/17.

Photobucket Please review the latest changes at Photobucket. - Photobucket

4. Are my pictures still safe?

Yes! All your photos are still available by logging into your Photobucket
Account. Photobucket has only restricted the ability to view your photos on
3rd party sites.
#$@$%%^##@ If that had always been the case why would ANYBODY ever go to all the work upload any pictures there in the first place, Blackmailing $#%%$#@ A%$ HOLES !