Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photobucket just deleted;

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
The folks over at Photobucket must be getting worried over the lack of membership and income since the implementation of their outrageously expensive ($399) new plan that allows for 3rd party hosting.

Originally, they stuck to their guns and wouldn't budge on the new fees, then a few months later they offered some very slight discounts for their "valued" customers, now I get an email offering me one year of their premium plan for only $119.99, approx. 30% of the original cost!

To be honest, if they would have just done this in the first place instead of the the highway robbery they tried to get away with, I think most of their customers would have stayed; $10 per month is a lot easier to swallow than $33 a month.

SyoqKNk.png

The folks over at Photobucket must be getting worried over the lack of membership and income since the implementation of their outrageously expensive ($399) new plan that allows for 3rd party hosting.

Originally, they stuck to their guns and wouldn't budge on the new fees, then a few months later they offered some very slight discounts for their "valued" customers, now I get an email offering me one year of their premium plan for only $119.99, approx. 30% of the original cost!

To be honest, if they would have just done this in the first place instead of the the highway robbery they tried to get away with, I think most of their customers would have stayed; $10 per month is a lot easier to swallow than $33 a month.

Lol, nice damage control Photobucket. :crackup:

-Alex

I get these same emails all the time. I'll bet they lost a lot of customers....and why would anyone pay them to do what I can get out of Imgur for free.

It is just a matter of time before they go belly up. I am sure most of their members do not take advantage of the 3rd party embedding anyway and who would pay 399 for their services. Flickr is a bargain at around 30 dollars per year and I am going on my 12th year with them and have never had problems. I only found out after PB pulled the plug on my photos posted here which were in the hundreds I would think, that Flickr offered 3rd party embedding.

Reactions: GSS
Why would anyone trust them?

Normally a company would give advance notice of a change so big and they could have given warning, but they held pics for ransom on purpose, that's the way it looks and likely their thinking, so who could trust them now?