Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photobucket just deleted;

BobMc

Sorry guys;

But Photobucket just went through and deleted all my photos, from every post! Don't know what to do? :yabbmad:

Too many to go back through all my posts with pictures in them and re-post.

So I'll send EP a message and see?

They say they wont re-post them, unless I sign up for a year service at 399.00. :crackup:

Last edited:

DTR

I feel for you. Image shack had a massive attack a few years ago and lost about 40% of all my pictures. Took me months to do what i could and still some of my earlier builds have most the photos gone.:(

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I had that happen once with Photobucket, and thought they were gone for good, but I contacted them with my problem, and they fixed it on their end.
I was afraid I'd never see them again, because it said in my Photobucket library, something like, "owner deleted or moved these photos".

I'd bet bet you can get them back ok, I think they're backed up anyway.

Good luck Bob! :yh:

Edit: This is the image that showed up where all my photos should have been.

Last edited:

BobMc

I feel for you. Image shack had a massive attack a few years ago and lost about 40% of all my pictures. Took me months to do what i could and still some of my earlier builds have most the photos gone.:(

Thanks DTR, I'm stuck. We'll see, but I'm thinking their gone. They want me to sign up for 399.00 for the year so they can restore the pictures. That's not going to happen.:scowl:

Every picture for every post is gone. sad, total sad. :(

@ Bowtie; I'll contact Photobucket and see what they say. It's worth a try. :thanks:

All my Museum pictures are gone also. :(

Last edited:

DTR

Thanks DTR, I'm stuck. We'll see, but I'm thinking their gone. They want me to sign up for 399.00 for the year so they can restore the pictures. That's not going to happen.:scowl:

@ Bowtie; I'll contact Photobucket and see what they say. It's worth a try. :thanks:

They want that much. I have to go back and check but think imageshack is only like $30 a year. Sounds really high to me but if it was on a free deal I know a lot of them will offer storage for a period of time but if you don't pay the subscription they expire at some point.

They must be runned low on storage.. Just checked Enchanted Beams thread, I have only few pictures on Photobucket but many members pics on that thread are gone too...

Or it's just only Photobucket server hiccup... Dunno.. :thinking:

Last edited:

BobMc

They want that much. I have to go back and check but think imageshack is only like $30 a year. Sounds really high to me but if it was on a free deal I know a lot of them will offer storage for a period of time but if you don't pay the subscription they expire at some point.

That's what the email they sent me said. I just sent them a message, we'll see what they say. :thinking:

@ArcticDude; hoping you are right that it was just a hiccup, because that was a lot of photos.

Edit; it looks like I'm not the only one, it seems like everyone who used Photobucket their pictures are gone also.

Last edited:
That's what the email they sent me said. I just sent them a message, we'll see what they say. :thinking:

I hope that you're getting them back.. I decided to stay away from Photobucket after few weeks of use.

That is absolutely ridiculous. I'd be trying to at least get a copy of all your images from them. Didn't realize that they had a hidden bandwidth limit on their base level accounts that they use to try to get people to pay that much just to host pictures.. Would be like youtube charging you every time someone watched a video you uploaded..

I rally hope you either have backups or can get them to let you have them in an archive or something so you don't lose them.

BobMc

I hope that you're getting them back.. I decided to stay away from Photobucket after few weeks of use.

I searched through a few different post and there's a lot of peoples pictures missing. Can't say everybody that used Photobucket, but there's a lot missing.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I just checked some of my threads, and mine are missing also! :yabbmad:

That is absolutely ridiculous. I'd be trying to at least get a copy of all your images from them. Didn't realize that they had a hidden bandwidth limit on their base level accounts that they use to try to get people to pay that much just to host pictures.. Would be like youtube charging you every time someone watched a video you uploaded..

I rally hope you either have backups or can get them to let you have them in an archive or something so you don't lose them.

Yeah, just checked their error message site: http://photobucket.com/p500/

It says:
YOU HAVE BEEN USING
PHOTOBUCKET FOR 3RD PARTY HOSTING*

-Oh really?! I was in believe that was the whole point of Photobucket.. Sounds like a fishy scam tactic.. :scowl:

---
EDIT

If you're not allowed to share Photobucket photos only store them there, what is the whole point of their service?!!

Last edited:

BobMc

Yea, had I know there was a hidden catch I would have never used Photobucket. 399.00 for a year, get serious!

I just checked some of my threads, and mine are missing also! :yabbmad:

I'm hoping that Arctic is correct and its just a glitch in Photobucket system.:can:

Edit; it's night here, I'm going to go throw some photons outside. Maybe it will make me feel better. :tinfoil:

Edit; ok, I feel a little better. That new n450 diode throws one heck of a gorgeous beam with a 3 element lens in it. :)

Last edited:

@ArcticDude; hoping you are right that it was just a hiccup, because that was a lot of photos.

Edit; it looks like I'm not the only one, it seems like everyone who used Photobucket their pictures are gone also.

Bob, my Photobucket images are still there.. But as I said I have only few photos in Photobucket... Seems that is ment for people who has many pictures on their service..

BobMc

Bob, my Photobucket images are still there.. But as I said I have only few photos in Photobucket... Seems that is ment for people who has many pictures on their service..

You may be right, glad your pictures are still up. Had I known, never would have used them. I still thinking somethings up, for photobucket to pull all these pictures all at once, with no warning, weird. I went through some different threads and found quite a few that had been pulled.:yabbem:

Edit; guess I've got even a better reason to break down and get a camera. :thinking:

Last edited: