Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photobucket just deleted;

hi Folks,
Sorry to hear that you guys are having issues with your photos . I have a Cannon Elph and i set it to take pics in the 600/800 size i just download them to my photo album. Then when i post pics i pic the photo and hit choose done. Now when someone want to check out the pics in the post just click on it and it comes up, and if you click on the same pic it is enlarged. and you can save them to a chip and not worry about loosing all those pics you saved . I find it much easier that all those other websites.

Rich:)

I feel for you. Image shack had a massive attack a few years ago and lost about 40% of all my pictures. Took me months to do what i could and still some of my earlier builds have most the photos gone.:(

Wow DTR that's crazy! I was always wondering why some of your earlier builds wouldn't show some pictures. I thought my phone wasn't working properly so I tried with my tablet and laptop and still nothing I thought it was something on my end.

Just typed photobucket on google. Looks like everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_6208.JPG
    IMG_6208.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 49

BobMc

Just got your PM bob, unfortunately nothing I can do from my end :(

Talk about a load of crap though, allowing it for so long and then demanding 399$ to continue years later doesn't make any sense. I use tinypic but like Rivem said imgur is a good platform as well, I've used it when tinypic was offline for a little bit.

Anyone who lost their pics at LPF, are they completely deleted or is it just the links that are taken offline?

Yea, it was a "shot in the dark".

I'll wait a bit, (week or two) to see if they change their minds. After that I'll go through and delete the threads that are no longer any good. Was thinking maybe you could help me with that if it comes to that.? :thinking:

All the pics still are there, just can't share them. :confused:

@ Everybody; Thanks to everybody that has responded, there's some really good posts and ideas there. Read them all, and just wanted to say :thanks: :)

Last edited:
Test
Screen%20Shot%202017-06-29%20at%2010.48.17%20PM.png

Edit: Appears they didn't get to me yet.

Last edited:

BobMc

Test
Screen%20Shot%202017-06-29%20at%2010.48.17%20PM.png

Edit: Appears they didn't get to me yet.

Hopefully they won't. Heard it was only for people that used it a lot. Guess I was one. :can:

If you use it sparingly hopefully they will leave you alone.:whistle:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Chris, I hope your luck holds out, but that's what I thought this morning also. I posted a working pic at post #20 in this thread this morning, now it's gone.
Photobucket has definitely created a shit storm with this latest move!

They weren't getting enough money from their maze of advertisements we had to put up with to use their service, well.... I hope they loose a lot of business over this.

CE5

Photobucket has definitely created a poop storm with this latest move!

The demand for pitchforks has shot through the roof! :D

I would recommend and suggest to everyone that has photofiles on PB, that they use the resize tools available on PB, and then download all the files they wish to keep directly onto their machines. Because- I suspect that there may be some further fallout, perhaps involving some concerted hacktivist retaliations directed towards PB, that may involve various schemes to either deny service and or, delete files currently on PB.
All this is speculation and conjecture, but many know how the internet works and what sort of reactions to ill advised (to say the least) TOS, rollouts like this may inspire.

A wise move by PB, at this point would be to temporarily restore the 3rd party hosting feature (now that they have everyone's attention) and perhaps modify their pricing structure fees to gauge acceptance for the new TOS.

And also, it would be interesting to monitor the other photofile hosting sites that were suggested in this thread, to see how they will be impacted by the mass exodus that such an ill advised move by PB, will likely cause to ripple through the hosting services sector.

Perhaps Avery, will weigh in on all this for us here?

ixfd64

Consider using Flickr or Imgur. They are a lot better than Photobucket in my opinion.

Razako

Photobucket have been going downhill for a while now. So many adds their site will crash your browser unless you run a good addblocker.

The demand for pitchforks has shot through the roof! :D

I would recommend and suggest to everyone that has photofiles on PB, that they use the resize tools available on PB, and then download all the files they wish to keep directly onto their machines. Because- I suspect that there may be some further fallout, perhaps involving some concerted hacktivist retaliations directed towards PB, that may involve various schemes to either deny service and or, delete files currently on PB.
All this is speculation and conjecture, but many know how the internet works and what sort of reactions to ill advised (to say the least) TOS, rollouts like this may inspire.

A wise move by PB, at this point would be to temporarily restore the 3rd party hosting feature (now that they have everyone's attention) and perhaps modify their pricing structure fees to gauge acceptance for the new TOS.

And also, it would be interesting to monitor the other photofile hosting sites that were suggested in this thread, to see how they will be impacted by the mass exodus that such an ill advised move by PB, will likely cause to ripple through the hosting services sector.

Perhaps Avery, will weigh in on all this for us here?

This is unrelated, my apologies.
But I just added a few names to my LPF Stick including yours, so I'll post them tomorrow :)

Phew...
Just finished my image move away from PhotoBucket... I had only 20-30 images there but still it was a quite a job re-post them in Enchanted beams thread... :scowl:

I can't imagine how frustrating that feels to people who have hundreds of images in PB... :banghead:

This PhotoBucket action should equated to ransomware business..

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS