Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photobucket just deleted;

BobMc

Have you tried Photobucket? This is where I post my pictures online :)

Upload your photos

-Alex

That's what were talking about, Photobucket. They just went through and deleted, not just mine, but a few other peoples photos from their posts. It looks like most, if not all, of mine are gone. :mad:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I think he meant "Photobox" and not Photobucket, that is what his link is to.

Last edited:

BobMc

I think he meant "Photobox" and not Photobucket, that is what his link is to.

Thanks, I didn't see that. Maybe I'll give them a go. If Photobucket doesn't restore the photos for free, I'll never use them again.:tsk:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm really starting to wonder if this is a Photobucket screwup, or something else. I just checked my Photobucket acct., and all my pics "seem" to be there.
I just downloaded a pic to my tablet, and everything worked fine, but I just tried to load a photo here, and I got that same "3rd party bullshit".

Edit: I just tried again, and I got this pic to show up, sorry for sizing, it hasn't been edited yet. I'm confused. :huh:

Edit #2: Here's a link to Photobucket's blog site, it looks like everyone is having similar problems.

20170619_183752_zpsw01wy9av.jpg

Last edited:

Radim

Damn, sorry to hear that. Hopefully Imgur won't apply the same policy. I would otherwise put these money into own website instead .

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It looks like Photobucket just gave all its members a good screwing over, take a look at their new Terms of Use as of 6/28/2017.

Terms | Photobucket

Last edited:
^^ Interesting that you can't even read the terms without them stopping your reading without bunch of 'block the page" ads first.

Bucket got so bad that uploading was becoming impossible, so I just set my cam for 640 x 480 so I can attach if so inclined.

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Darn, it looks like Photobucket just changed the policy recently. Reading a bunch of comments on Twitter about people suddenly losing the ability to embed their photos in 3rd part sites without an expensive subscription. Your photos should still be saved on their site though, just without the ability to share.

I use https://postimage.io/ . Much cleaner and simpler than Photobucket without all the ads and clutter. See if you can download all your photos and then re-upload to Post Image. Annoying as heck to have to update all you links though :mad:

EDIT: From their own TOS. Wow, what a rip off....

EDIT 2: Wow, dodeca facepalm: https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/photobucket-breaks-image-links-across-the-internet

Capture.png

^Image hosted for free at Postimg! :D :p

Last edited:

Radim

It seems to me someone there went insane - seeing just "Free account" conditions - that seems to me like they are demanding ransom to potentially delete your content once you exceed 2 GB limit even by mistake. Maybe I just interpret it wrong way, but I would not agree with that as it is written now...

Still without 3rd party image hosting in "Free account" even with some limit like 1 GB for example, they just did really bad IMO. How they want to get paying customers if the new customer has no option to enjoy and try the main feature of the service? Does not make sense at all, for what else the service can be used? :thinking:

AFAIK demos, trials etc. allow you to try main feature of SW or service before you buy full version/subscribtion.

Rivem

Damn, sorry to hear that. Hopefully Imgur won't apply the same policy. I would otherwise put these money into own website instead .

Imgur is honestly one of the best sites for hosting images like that. Considering it's intended for use with Reddit, they'd have a riot if they ever did something like that.

Would definitely recommend making an account for anybody interested. Used them for years with no issue, but photos uploaded without an account disappear eventually.

As far as keeping my photos safe, I use google photos and a NAS server to archive them. Yeah, I'll lose quality if I'm stuck with the Google photos, but at least I'll still have them.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Bucket got so bad that uploading was becoming impossible, so I just set my cam for 640 x 480 so I can attach is so inclined.

I've noticed troubles with re-sizing for a while now, I thought it might have just been my acct., but it sounds like people have been having more and more issues leading up to this debacle!

Darn, it looks like Photobucket just changed the policy recently. Reading a bunch of comments on Twitter about people suddenly losing the ability to embed their photos in 3rd part sites without an expensive subscription. Your photos should still be saved on their site though, just without the ability to share.

I use https://postimage.io/ . Much cleaner and simpler than Photobucket without all the ads and clutter. See if you can download all your photos and then re-upload to Post Image. Annoying as heck to have to update all you links though :mad:

EDIT: From their own TOS. Wow, what a rip off....

EDIT 2: Wow, dodeca facepalm: https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/photobucket-breaks-image-links-across-the-internet

Capture.png

^Image hosted for free at Postimg! :D :p

Yep, just changed their policy two days ago, no prior notice or anything. Everywhere you go on the internet right now, there's lots of discussion about this change.

Thanks for the link, it looks like a nice simple service! :yh:

Maybe if they get enough bad "press" over this, they may back off a bit, but I won't hold my breath.
I think we need a good old fashioned purge in the management at Photobucket; get rid of these greedy asshats!

I was wondering what other sites some of us are using, and are happy with. Preferably with some editing capabilities.

D

Deleted member 16589

my pictures are just fine. Why is this not happening to everyone

Just got your PM bob, unfortunately nothing I can do from my end :(

Talk about a load of crap though, allowing it for so long and then demanding 399$ to continue years later doesn't make any sense. I use tinypic but like Rivem said imgur is a good platform as well, I've used it when tinypic was offline for a little bit.

Anyone who lost their pics at LPF, are they completely deleted or is it just the links that are taken offline?

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
The pics themselves should still be there and safe from what I can gather. It's just that they cannot be shared or hotlinked anymore unless you purchase the subscription. You should still be able to view and download anything in your own albums.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Seems to be just the links, It looks like my photos are still on Photobucket.