Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

He also has some for 405, 455 and green, made for a bit shorter wavelength than 532 nm, but should work there too. The seller is Chad of Mi-Lasers.com but he does not have them listed on his own web page to his online store

Contact him through www.mi-lasers.com and ask him to list them in his store too for a better price. Aside from finding sellers and their reputation status, the only benefit I see to using ebay is some sellers are slow to ship if you deal with them directly, with the ebay account they have a limited amount of time to ship or will get dinged.

Last edited:

kecked

People have asked me where I got my spec from. This is the exact seller and model I got. Same price. It rocks.

Not sure how great of a deal this is but I grabbed one of these a month or two ago and it has no problem running at 1amp.

That's the best deal ever, cannot go wrong with that. I bought a few too.

Price seems a bit high for a used/refurbished multi mode 405nm that you have to extricate yourself, I know there is a lens of sorts but will it even fit in a M9 x 0.5 threaded barrel ?

Chris did you even do anything with that array with 20 of these in it ?

Well, all of the diodes he has extracted produce 1.5 watt output and the lens is worth a bit AR coated for 405.

I still have not touched the big unit, why did I buy it? CrazyChris, brother to Jay.

For myself, I wanted the whole assembly but at the same time when I bought mine, I did not know he had them, I don't believe he did. Unless you wanted the lens, I'd just buy from DTR, if they are new.

Last edited:
These are nice for the price and with that adjustment pot, ordered a few.

I got mine and the 1st one I tested works but I suspect the Vout is not high enough for over driving the sharp 488nm
I usually drive my 488's @ 250ma and I get right @ 100mw with a G3 and 110mw with a G2
But this little driver which I adjusted the pot on hot watching my LPM would get up to 40mw but that's it.......it's functional but I like my 488's brighter, same issue I'm sure with 520's which need higher V

Philipnzw

These should work for the sharp 488nm diodes IINM and a good price too.

I have quite some experience with this particular driver. Had some since a year ago.
Definitely designed for single mode blues and violets.
Seems like it doesn't like to do higher Vf diodes. Initially i wanted to use it to push the sharp 505 to 100mW but when i maxed out the pot setting it looked quite dim, probably somewhere around 50mW or less.
Nevertheless, still a very cheap driver for messing around with. The built in spring contact and momentary switch makes it ideal for lower powered pen builds.
If we can find out what IC it is based on, we could try to shunt mod the driver to see if it can give us more power. I suspect the driver could be capable of a little more power.

Techhood has several new lenses, I ordered a few to try out.......they may or may not be any good but I couldn't help ordering some.

Last edited: