Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

RedCowboy

Naw it's not too cheap, many of the 8xGball blocks are in that range now.

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
The photo he shows on his ebay page does not look representative of a new block to me, there are small scratches or marks on it, plus a bit of dust. Yet, the listing says new.

RedCowboy

Says more than 10 available so the unit in the pic is likely not the exact unit you will get.........message the seller and ask why they have the pc board, could be removed from new equipment at the factory for some reason.........or you could pay 2X as much for a clean pin unit.

Last edited:

RedCowboy

I scored one at a bargain from a guy stationed in S.Korea who bought it at an electronics swap meet, the beams line up pretty well and the focus is pretty good for what it is, but I suppose some of it is luck of the draw.

The pic through safety glasses is @ 15 feet, that's the raw output.......sadly the 07's I have had don't produce anywhere near as small of a bar at distance through the factory Gball lens as it's set up.

SANY5199.JPGSANY5186.JPG

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
Great, that is the nicest wavelength, too bad when de-canning them their lives are shortened, but it doesn't appear you ever did that and they do appear to line up better than many of those bars do. I recently purchased two single diodes, they just came in the mail a few days ago, coincidentally. Well, maybe not so much, I did bring them up :)