Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

GSS

I was just trying to find a good deal for you guys :(

-Alex
I know you did Alex:) and i'm sure everyone else does..;)
I'm also pretty sure 1 or 2 years ago they were alot more than $2000... and in fairness to you some have alot more expensive units in the signature.. and iv'e seen links for units that members posted for $10,000 🍺

I like my Kvant Clubmax. Kvant sells modules also but they are pricey.

I just had someone build me a projector for my house, only one watt, but Saturn scanners, single mode, PBS cubed on all three colors, perfect alignment. Best you can get without going to gas and super professional.

He is on PL and usually long wait list but he is probably the best out there and he can do anything. If you want his number let me know.

Chris,

This one caught my attention due the pic of the actual knife arrangement ( From your previous post ) !! I did a little overall size estimation....so....189.8mm long x 110.2mm wide....is my estimation based upon the typical Brass LD holder dimension of 13.9mm...Hmmm Anamorphic Prism to do a beam correction ?????

..Really ?????

Anamorphic Prism correction is NOT as efficient as Cylinderical Lens correction.....by a long shot !!.. BUT then...they couple the beams to Fibre Optics to yield a circular output...hmm...I wonder how much outpower power is lost via the Fibre Optics ??

Just an interesting examination ! 4K + cost....WOW...So...so....just slap this Bad Boy to one of your " Titanic Host Units "...( THU.....hahaha ).
Add a S-Boat of drivers...and Waaa Laaa….Good to go !!

Notice that they do use separate LD holders....THAT I agree with !!

So it goes.

This is a very interesting thread....I must pay attention to in the future !!! Thanx all for your work here !

CDB

Addendum: Hmmmmmm ??? But then...the Anamprphic Prism doe NOT demand the centering condition required by Cylindrical Lenses ...HMMMM....but....to get the AP to correct as good as CL...the Beam Path Incidence angle must be somewhat severe !!!...And THIS is when one has unacceptable power loss....like over 20% !!! It is never easy !!

Attachments

• 20W Blue with approx dimensions.png
    20W Blue with approx dimensions.png
    775.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Ebay cheapie China pointer power measurements:

I purchased three sets of RGB (blue really 405 nm violet) pointers and measured the following output powers:

650 nm Red: 6, 8, 9 mw

532 nm Green, 14, 40, 74 mw (74 mw green was about 20 mw of infrared, so really about 54 mw of green. These DPSS pointers were not very stable, the power varied up and down 25% of these values, to the full peak power shown here).

405 nm violet, 25, 49, 52 mw.

Measured using a Coherent LPM (smaller thermopile in photo) and a Thorlabs power meter for the lower power pointers.

Last edited:

GSS

Wow that's low.. especially the red.. Not a bad thing though since many who buy them use them as cat pointers.
Alaskan were you expecting more or just a lets see what I get??

It is about what I have seen before, bought another batch of three each to see what they would do, RG and so called Blue. Each time I order three sets, one green is fairly powerful for the money and size, just random luck one is that high, next time I might get three low output greens.

kecked

The most expensive laser I own is a chameleon. The most expensive I’ve used is an COIL.
Well guess I should say watched operate. Wouldn’t let me touch it. I got to see a terawatt desktop unit but not running.

kecked

Sorry it’s a 5w verdi. I mix them up. We just a new chameleon last week but that’s not mine.

GSS

Doe's anyone know where I can find acrylic lenses in plastic barrels that are at least 8mm or 9mm long? or basicly close to the standard size of G2 or 3 element?
I have seen a 5 pack of them but the barrels are stubby and around maby 6mm in length.
Issue is I don't like swapping out the lenses themselves..

Last edited:
I've only seen acrylic lenses in those short plastic housings. You can't even take them apart. I have just used fingernail polish to adhere them to the focus knob with the first thread or two. It works pretty well and acetone will remove it if you find yourself having to start over.

GSS

I've only seen acrylic lenses in those short plastic housings. You can't even take them apart. I have just used fingernail polish to adhere them to the focus knob with the first thread or two. It works pretty well and acetone will remove it if you find yourself having to start over.
Thanx Paul:)
I came across some acrylic lenses just the way they are with no barrel, so that's were my swapping them out thought came from..
The 5 set of complete ones I saw look a tiny bit bigger longer but not much more than maby 1mm?? and yes they look you can't take them apart..

www.ebay.com/itm/123463046974 Hard to tell by the pic..

I have never bought any. They come free with any module you buy from DTR to the Chinese Aixiz type as well.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Yup me too,
but i'm down to like 2 clean ones from using them to protect the diode and threads on a module when I put thermal paste on it to put in the host or heatsink.. for $5 and a months wait I guess i'll try :unsure: