Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Nuclear fission > nuclear fusion... if you're going to invest your time into a reactor, check out the LFTR (liquid fluoride thorium reactor) all you need is about 500 million to kick start it
thorium is the way to go !

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

I've not used one with an OEM driver before personally but I imagine they're computer (RS232) driven, or driven using the power port like the desktop ones. although the desktop drivers do also have a start and stop button on the front to use them without the rs232 connections. (i have a few handy)

if they're like my YCA (as they share the same driver I think) they use 5V at 8A IIRC. I'd have to look at the manual for them. If you need commands, or want me to check over stuff you buy and give you a performance check I can do that for free, just pay shipping. They're nice SLM lasers for the cost. I want one, but don't have the spare cash due to needing to buy some stuff for my car (tires and the like)

awesome, I could buy this one but I prefer my lasers to be all handheld... sadly I don't think I will consider buying this one unless I can put it into a small handheld.

I will remember that offer though, you are experienced I can see by the amount and type of lasers you have as well as your knowledge of them. :thanks: I will contact you if I need to test out some equipment :D

diachi

So I'm guessing the power cord means you can just plug this directly into the wall and it will work? or do you need to use it with the computer software all the time?

Will need DC supply for the driver, perhaps a couple pins jumped and a control voltage. Can't just plug it into the wall...

Referenced power cable will be the cable pinned under the head, it's not a mains power cable, just low voltage DC.

No need for RS232/serial computer control - but it is an option.

Edit: I see Kaiser bet me to it! :p

Interesting find:

Laser quality KDP single crystal, solution-grown, new | eBay

Could try and cut your own crystal from that! :p

Last edited:

I don't know what kind of equipment it takes to make the crystal flat on both ends, whether cut at an angle or not.

I have asked the seller to include a side shot so we can see what it is.

The guy has even a larger laser glass.

NEODYMIUM PHOSPHATE ND HIGH POWER LASER GLASS SLAB ROD HOYA SCHOTT LHG 8 LG750 NEODYMIUM PHOSPHATE ND HIGH POWER LASER GLASS SLAB ROD HOYA SCHOTT LHG 8 LG750 | eBay

This Slab measures 31.75" x 18" x 1.625" and weighs 83 pounds.

This size is suitable for real windows, and you would have a laser shine window :p

Last edited:

At first glance I thought I read "SplashLaser" in that company logo, that would be a descriptive name for those lenses.

@ Alaskan. Let's get together and do some budget LASIK surgery. $29 per eye or 2 for $49.95. Just remember what I was told during my residency the first time as an intern I had to place a Swan-Ganz catheter in a patient's heart.
. "See one, do one, do one, teach one.".

Besides, since LASIK carries a very high risk of getting chronic dry eye, patients are getting wise. Maybe I can give this to my opthalmologist for Christmas.

Thats's why doctors call their businesses medical practice

Last edited:

At first glance I thought I read "SplashLaser" in that company logo, that would be a descriptive name for those lenses.

Yeah, these are made from inferior glass, probably full of all sorts of imperfections. I got some when they were first put on eBay some time ago.

AaronT

New seller of NUBM06 Diodes. $41 buy it now, also has auction posted for same.

I live seeing the cost of these diodes coming down.

$41 Buy it now NUBM06

IF these NUBM06 diodes had the " GOOD " GBall lens, like the 1st 1 I tested that made a 0.25 x 1.25 line at 15 feet, then they would work well with the 3X expander, I even tested the next best lens that was 6 times the spot size and it was still a 20 foot burner with the 3X and a strong one.

If Techhood could get these with the " GOOD " GBall then we can just put them in a mount and add a driver, and a 3X expander for some real fun.

I guess I will have to buy another and see what lens it has, there is one that's very good and the rest not so much.

NICHIA NUBM06 445nm 4W Hi-Power BLUE DIODE extracted from array with ball lens | eBay

This is a NUBM06 at 15 feet with the best GBall I have seen, it burns great at 4.0-4.5 amps and from the LPM test I have seem is putting out around 5.75 watts.
IF we can get them with this lens and for cheap then a fun array we could build.

55226d1489508817-permanent-thread-ebay-other-internet-finds-interest-read-all-op-please-sub-nubm06withgballat15feet.jpg

Attachments

• NUBM06withGBALLat15feet.JPG
    NUBM06withGBALLat15feet.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited: