Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Off to Thailand

BobMc

Have a great and safe vacation. Hope all goes well. Enjoy and be safe. :)

Been a pleasure purchasing from your store. Keep up the good work. :thanks:

Jordan, while you're there, it's only a hop, skip and a jump to my place mate.
We'll have a BBQ.
Have a great holiday my friend.

Andrew

:beer:

I don't know if Jordan will have time to post......it is his long waited vacation, after all.

Benm

Hehe yeah, and i'm sure he'll enjoy it.

Surely you have to have your wits about you stay safe there, but i've been to thailand very often, and it's not -that- dangerous a place compared to many other countries. Yes, there are the ladyboys, the tourist traps, the gem-scams, the tuktuk-scams, risk of diseases and what not.

But this is not really something specific to thailand (well, apart from the ladyboy thing perhaps), you will encounter such things when travelling to any country in southeast asia.

I think the safest countries in the region are singapore, malaysia and thailand, roughly in that order.

One thing is that scammers and fraudsters somehow are able to spot first time visitors and target them. I'm not sure how they do it, but i've noticed that the first time i was in thailand i got approached by shady figures much more often than on any subsequent visit.

Well worth the wait, I'm a little late to comment but I hope you have a good time :)

DTR

Thanks for all the replies. Just landed in Seoul for a few hours layover. Sitting in the KAL lounge watching the planes go by.

It's great that you are sharing your vacation with us. Looks relaxing from here. Enjoy yourself. You certainly deserve it. :yh:

diachi

Getting settled in. Having a mango daiquiri with a view of the rice fields.;)

That looks lovely Jordan! Enjoy and relax! :beer:

It has be a quite a while for me without a real break other than taking a weekend off or a family/personal issue which put me down for a few days and I am starting to feel it. Really need a real vacation

Yup, I hear ya! Wouldn't mind a nice long trip to somewhere warm myself. It'd be nice to get out of this isolated arctic wasteland for a little while.

Next time anyone is going on vacation let me know! I may need to slim down a little bit, but I'm pretty sure I could fit in a large suitcase. :crackup:

Nice shot from the lounge at the Incheon Intl. Airport. This is, in my opinion, the best airport in the world. (been to lots of airports) but Incheon has the best transportation and services of any airport I have ever been to. 2 airport trains
( one high-speed train directly from Seoul and a low speed train car to connect two wings of the airport together. I also like that they have a mobile service centre for exchanging SIM cards. Rent-a-SIM.

Incheon is about ~1-1.5 hours West of the city of Seoul on the West Sea/Yellow Sea. The weather looks a little chilly too!

Miss my time in ROK.

Nice shot of Thailand. Are you in Northern Thailand?

Last edited:

DTR

Nice shot of Thailand. Are you in Northern Thailand?

Yep Northern Thailand. Chiang Mai. Here is a teaser video of the place I lucked into staying. Once you see it you will know why I couldn't pass up the opportunity to come. This is all a private compound for two couples.

Riding through the resort.

Rented some 300cc bikes to get around. Got shaken down for 1000baht by the local police already for driving without a international license. He pocketed the cash but did say no one would mess with me the rest of the day.

Last edited: