Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NOW 447nm CNI lasers & GB #11

The 5mW GLP should be available, don't see why it wouldn't be. All the models available now have corrective optics, only the powers >600mW didn't have them, but they're no longer available.

The 5mW GLP should be available, don't see why it wouldn't be. All the models available now have corrective optics, only the powers >600mW didn't have them, but they're no longer available.

But where does it say they have corrective optics? I've looked at the datasheets over and over and can't find anything related to their optics.

Glen, can we get a price for the 447nm GLP?

If you look at the divergence, they have it listed as <1.5mRad. The models higher than that had 3mm x 5mm.

If you look at the divergence, they have it listed as <1.5mRad. The models higher than that had 3mm x 5mm.

Until someone from CNI directly states that the lasers have corrective optics, I won't b convinced.

I sent an email to them asking if they used corrective optics.
Vivien said:
The beam of our 447nm portable laser is elliptical.
However this doesn't answer the question since the beam could still be elliptical with corrective optics, but less elliptical than without the corrective optics.

CNI has said, "the spot is a small line" So it is likely about the same lens as the Axixz 445nm glass lens, I now believe. -Glenn

Hey Glenn,

Before I buy the 200mW GLP-447 from DL I thought I would ask if they were available through the group buy and for what price. Im in America and im not sure if you can get over 5mW in the pen style. If not Id love to get a price on the 5mW GLP-447 & GLP-405..

For some reason I would love to have the 589, 447, and 405 all in the same host to go along with my aquarius lol.

Thanks in advance,

-Greg
I can get the PGL III -A -447 at the same cost and outputs as the PGL III -C- 447nm One buyer wanted 200mW which would be $255 total with shipping and PP fee if sent within the USA. The GLP would be limited to 5 mW rated in USA, due to no safety devices, but it too can be bought for a similar cost. -Glenn

Hey Folks! Here's a great GB opportunity with no waiting! I have a really nice brand new just came in PGL III -C- 532nm 400 mW rated unit, runs very much like RA_Pierce unit he reviewed! It will sell to the first person who reserves it and can pay by Friday it is $695 and ships immediately for this amount plus shipping and PP fee, In USA it will total about $734.40 Normally this is something you would wait for and I have tested several that were not quite perfect, this one totally rocks! Only one on hand and it hits 600mW! PM me first! (too bad I can't afford to just keep it, LOL!) -Glenn

Trevor

I know these ship separately, but I may as well ask here - how are prices on 589nm lower-power labbies?

-Trevor

I can get the PGL III -A -447 at the same cost and outputs as the PGL III -C- 447nm One buyer wanted 200mW which would be $255 total with shipping and PP fee if sent within the USA. The GLP would be limited to 5 mW rated in USA, due to no safety devices, but it too can be bought for a similar cost. -Glenn

So the GLP 5mW pen would NOT have corrective optics and would cost $255? :thinking:

Do we know if we have anywhere near enough 447's "semi committed", Glenn? I'm definitely down for one... just hope we can do it in this GB. I saw DJNY's and I definitely want to get one... Do we have a target "all-in" date for GB#11 yet?

Is anyone else interested in the PGL-III-C 447s?

Last edited:

Tick

I'm still curious about the power of these lasers. They were originally advertised on the CNI site as 5-800mw, and DJNY's is over 1W. What power will we be able to get?

CNI is only selling 500mW to the US, probably because that's the Class IV limit, and selling Class IV portable lasers requires a lot more paperwork. (I think, memory ain't the best)

Thx for the reply Glenn, id love to buy the 5mw glp447 but are you saying the cost will be around 200$?