Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Apple iPad official!

jaycey

Dont feed the trolls Ash, this forum is full of haters at the mo...give it a few weeks n it will all die down.

P.S. I got a 2nd gen touch, broken of course:p

Asherz

Dont feed the trolls Ash, this forum is full of haters at the mo...give it a few weeks n it will all die down.

ah probably for the best :p

ah cool, I got the good old first gen, still going strong after 2 years of being abused lol :)

I got the 3rd gen but I don't think it means much. Maybe a little faster. Actually I'm using it right now to post this. Lol. Maybe an Ipad would be good for me.

mfo

You're right, we're all haters. I wish I owned a giant iPhone :(

jaycey

The only thing I dont like is the different hardware specs, wireless, 3G etc.
Just wrap it up into 1 nice package and have a flash memory slot for extra umph/flexibility when needed.

Honestly I hate apple just because of what you said is true just because they release something it’s the thing to have
Like the I touch..... it’s a crappy horrible sounding mp3 player and does pretty much everything thing else an mp3 player should, do play music.... sure its got a fancy interface and a lot of apps but that really doesn’t matter or at least to me because of the sound it creates witch is crap compared to other brands like the cowon s9 ..... Brands that hardly ever get heard of because of apples brainwashing of people.... I show my mp3 player to people and their like what’s that and after words their like the sound is so clean and life like I’ve got to get one and I tell them the cost 260$ for 32GB and its got a freaking bullet proof screen ...... its scratch resistant and to test that I take my knife out and start cutting on the screen.... wipe it off and there’s not a single scratch on it..... And that is why I hate apple. The great products out their will hardly ever be found except if you’re a member of the forum anythingbutipod.com

Trevor

They get the engineers here at Tech to all get tablets.

However, this device sort of defeats the purpose of being a tablet at all; I don't think it'll begin to catch on in this market.

-Trevor

Well that is called an opinion. I like the Ipod Touch because it is a touch screen and looks nice.

I can't figure out why people keep comparing it to an Iphone 3g. The Ipad isn't an Iphone...Stop comparing the prices between the two. The Ipad with 3g costs $629 for a 16gig model....LOL

No doubt nowadays these guys do a massive marketing research before releasing any product. They have a good history of failures and definitely learned something. If they are releasing it, then it's been proved to be a success. I don't have anything Apple (not a fan), but I'm sure this thing will take off.

Last edited:
I just do not see potential in this product... I mean, it doesn't do much that an iTouch or iPhone couldn't do...

People keep saying "and for the price, you can't beat it". The starter one, the cheapest, barely has ANY features at all and is a load of crap compared to other tablets on the market.
Don't get me wrong, I think Apple is an OK company (apart from the fact they get ALL the attention when there are FAR better smaller companies out there) for their iPods but I just hate their computers, now including these pathetic tablets.
Instead of getting a cheap iPad, invest your money in a better tablet, or atleast get an upgraded iPad if you must.

1 GHZ is more than enough to process HD video, as well as run all the eye candy that is the operating system.

I do love the OS, that's really the only reason I'd see to buy it over a windows, linux, or android tablet... But when the price and features come into play, I say "why not deal with a buggier OS, better tablet pc, AND have more money for lasers?!?!"

-so for me it's a done deal from the start.