Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Apple iPad official!

It's pretty, and it's apple! That's about where it's usefullness ends. It's a big, fugly iPod touch. Or maybe a big, fugly, AND retarded iPhone?

1 GHZ is more than enough to process HD video, as well as run all the eye candy that is the operating system.

evolutiony.jpg

I think that pretty much sums it up.

I can't stress enough how much I dislike this new move by Apple. There's virtually no market for it, creating a market for a product is impossible, so I don't really know how they're gonna sell this in the long time to other users than Apple regulars and fanboys.

Not good for work as it can't use special apps (neither can it multitask).
Not good for studying, try to type in that while listening to the teacher.
Not good for chatting, again, keyboard.
No USB ports, what the hell.

Personal use? Yes, watch some movies on that 16GB memory... well... watch 2 or 3 HD movies at the most. Use it for 1-2 days then get bored of it and use it as a digital photo frame.

ZRTMWA

I can't stress enough how much I dislike this new move by Apple. There's virtually no market for it, creating a market for a product is impossible, so I don't really know how they're gonna sell this in the long time to other users than Apple regulars and fanboys.

Not good for work as it can't use special apps (neither can it multitask).
Not good for studying, try to type in that while listening to the teacher.
Not good for chatting, again, keyboard.
No USB ports, what the hell.

Personal use? Yes, watch some movies on that 16GB memory... well... watch 2 or 3 HD movies at the most. Use it for 1-2 days then get bored of it and use it as a digital photo frame.

To everything this man speaks I just want to say: tru dat!

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Great another interesting looking but doesn't do anything you want product from crapple. I only bought my iPhone3G cause at the time it was the only such product available. Now I regret not waiting for one of the others to come out. My iPhone 3G was the first, and will be the last product I buy from apple.

It's just kind of more like an itouch witch of course the ipad will have some tweaks and improvements here and there but, it's still works more like an over sized itouch.

It's just kind of more like an itouch witch of course the ipad will have some tweaks and improvements here and there but, it's still works more like an over sized itouch.

I can't wait for them to release the iPad S with a "newer faster processor" and of course, after hearing the pleads of everybody who will buy it, a crappy webcam.

I can't wait for them to release the iPad S with a "newer faster processor" and of course, after hearing the pleads of everybody who will buy it, a crappy webcam.

hm, it is better to wait on a newer generation for a better performance. Like the 2nd gen 32gb itouch was good but the 3rd gen 32gb itouch is now better with better performance.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Great another interesting looking but doesn't do anything you want product from crapple. I only bought my iPhone3G cause at the time it was the only such product available. Now I regret not waiting for one of the others to come out. My iPhone 3G was the first, and will be the last product I buy from apple.

Actually scratch that, I think I'll be getting an iPad when they are available.

It's basically an oversized iPhone/Touch. Nothing that special about it really. The basic one starting off at $500 has basically nothing.
IMO you're better off getting something else.

C'mon guys, it's got Wifi/n for Hi-def streaming, and wider areas of use. Blu-tooth, an instant boot-up time, and of course it runs special apps! Do you know how many productivity apps are available for these?

Why would you want USB ports? It's not a laptop. This is a device that you sync with iTunes on another computer. It's not like you put USB ports on digital cameras, flash drives, or other i-pods. I will be getting one, because I can see where I could make a lot of use with something that does all that it does in such a lightweight package. Its an i-pod touch that's comfortable to browse the web with! That's enough for me!