Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 12X Laser Sled GB (BDR-S06J) $45 in USA!

Thanks for the Update Glenn and Thanks for all the Hard work on this matter.:beer:

I'll have to report # to replace this week, but don't worry, I'll assume a couple may be returned later. Thanks All! -Glenn

I've moved now & finally started unpacking everything... I found the sleds in a heap of electronics & discovered I have 1 low powered one. Am I too late for an exchange? :beer:

EDIT: Everyone's findings and pictures in this thread recently have been incredibly helpful, many thanks to you guys for sharing what you found!

Last edited:
Glad this was taken care of. Yes, I remember the issue months ago when Lazeerer got those low powered units in.

AUS

I bought a sled of Ebay before I joined the forum, and it has 3 pins soldered :(. I'm not sure if its a dud yet I'll test it tomorrow at work, too busy and cold here tonight and im not far off bed - Here is the one I bought

AUS

The sled I got of EBay is definitely the fake. Case negative and a blue dot on the diode. The bloody seller even lists the power chart from this forum. I'll be interested in the next group buy, not buying high priced sleds of eBay any more :mad:

Last edited:
I've bought 2 BDR-S06J sleds from Modwerx two weeks ago and gotten these fake 3-pin ones as well. I hope Andrew can refund or replace these... ugh... so frustrating after waiting 2 weeks and they end up being fakes.

fp11j8.jpg

Last edited:

AUS

UPDATE:
I emailed Rayfoss and they asked for pictures of the sled they sent me. and they agreed to replace it.
Unfortunately it turned out to contain a PHR diode as well :(

Last edited:
Ryan,

Did you get that worked out?

Nope. Drew didn't want to give the refund because "I already f**ked it up" as he says. Basically pointing that the ribbons have been clipped.

It does say in the Paypal agreement:
93668062691f4289513f7b5094d2db21.png

If a buyer files a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claim for an item they purchased from you, you will generally be required to accept the item back and refund the buyer the full purchase price plus original shipping costs. You will not receive a refund on your PayPal fees. Further, if you lose a SNAD Claim because we, in our sole discretion, reasonably believe the item you sold is counterfeit, you will be required to provide a full refund to the buyer and you will not receive the item back (it will be destroyed). PayPal Seller protection will not cover your liability.

He would not have received his item back anyway. So it didn't matter if the ribbons were clipped or not.

But w.e. I don't want to start any drama over it.

Last edited:
Glenn, do I owe you money yet? I saw where Twarne has paid and I realized it has been so long ago that I have no idea if I am supposed to be waiting on a PM or if I have missed something.

Please let me know if it is time to pay yet. :)

Last edited:

benmwv

Hey Glenn, its been a couple months, any news about the replacement sleds?

I just contacted the dealer again, and there is still no ETA, depressing I know. So, if anyone wants the $ refunded, then please, just let me know.... so sorry folks, I too am very disappointed and have no 12X of my own to use, My favorite lasers for burning are 405nm and I also like to use them for several other things btw. -GH