Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 6W 445nm Laser!!!

That's ridiculous the way it just causes any remotely flammable object to ignite like that. Makes my 1.6W look positively puny. Beam visibility is something I'd want to see in person, as 1.6W of blue is already very visible.

I'd say mine is at least twice as bright than my 1-1.5W 445, 5W will be ever so slightly brighter still.

seriously though, nichi@ doesn't want these in HHLs, grey of JL shared some info and a pic with me regarding that, but the cat is out of the bag. I guess when they come from nichi@, they are encased in a very difficult to remove housing to encourage projector use as opposed to HH I guess. they have to be painstakingly removed. some of the high prices are due to this too, nichi@ is picky with who they sell 'em to, even JL has had trouble. so the few that do get them realize this, and mark 'em up. I imagine, some of this is speculation, but it adds up to me. not sure why they would feel responsible for actions others take with their products. from a business standpoint, shouldn't they be trying to sell as many units as possible? Imagine if gun manufacturers took the same stance. or knives, anything remotely dangerous. most companies will choose profit over public safety every time, funny that in this instance, it's annoying to me, but I'm never a fan of protecting people from themselves

Hmm. is that what this is, you think? I posted it in the ebay finds the other day, as i had no idea what i was looking at.

That aside, Styro...that power! I was just going "Holy crap!" the whole time i watched the video. 5W of power is ridiculous, and in handheld- yikes! I am glad these diodes are still on the more costly side, and hopefully they will stay that way- last thing we need is for a 5W handheld to become the new "100$ DIY burning laser". All in all though, great video, and love the host!

as far as bad publicity, when is the last time someone blamed beretta for a shooting, cold steel for a stabbing, or honda for a vehicular homicide? seems absurd to me.

People are ALWAYS blaming guns for shootings. As for knives and cars, thats another story. But guns have it worse off than us.

Just wait until we have those new self driving cars, then who is to blame? The manufacturer? The owner? or the AI itself that drives the car?

We will also have drones in the near future that are flown by an AI and not a pilot, what if the AI makes a wrong decision?

Alan

IsaacT

I was told not to run the X-Drive in parallel. Is it a different version of the x-drive I am thinking of? I am looking at putting one of these together so I am trying to decide on driver set up.

DTR

I think clarification from Lazeerer may be needed. I thought as well I was told that even in parallel they will not exceed the max current the IC can handle of 3.5A.

IsaacT

Yeah, he hasn't been on in a month and a half though :/

IWIRE

I was told not to run the X-Drive in parallel. Is it a different version of the x-drive I am thinking of? I am looking at putting one of these together so I am trying to decide on driver set up.

I was told the same thing. I tried it anyway :crackup: One drive would always start getting OMG hot. When perfectly balanced it would work for a little while then one drive would start getting hot. I tried X-Drives and BlitzBucks. Same thing with both of them. Maybe I was doing something wrong. The only thing I could get to parallel successfully were boost drives.

Cool build and video ! Great job ! Unless you got a good diode, which is possible. It would highly surprise me if your getting 6w at 4a.
Mine puts out 5.6w at 4.4a and that was the most this particular diode would do. Hopefully yours is more efficient than mine. 5w or 6w is still crazy powerful to me. Thanks for sharing your build !

Sorry for the OT, but since I read something about Mr. Lazereer, I wish to know is anyone has any notices about him ...
More than two months ago I send to Angelos part of my broken C-Mount Red Stubby project since the expensive diode LEded after few working seconds. I have also send him part of moneys as account for a new diode and for two units of his - very delayed - new 4A ramp-up driver.
Besides this, Laserglow is waiting his phone number since 2 months, because the courier needs it, since he was disposable to receive a beam expander from this company, and resend them to me together all the stuff. I'm in very trouble situation, since I have already spent near 2000 dollars from this winter and again I have nothing in my hand !
The last access of Angelos in this forum was exactly 51 days ago, that is a noticeable amount of time. I like the disposability of Angelos to sell me the new drivers and found for me the new C-Mount 4W red diode, but I dislike that a guy disappear for a so long time with no warning. I like myself to do favours to my friends, but if I know that the time needed to complete the favour is noticeable, I denial the work, or I warn before. Sorry again for the OT, but is seems that more than a person is waiting for his new driver since many many months ...

Last edited:

IWIRE

Hopefully Angelos is just busy with life and will come back online. What little I have dealt with him he seems like a great guy. I know here lately I've personally had lot less time to devote to what I'd like to be doing. Not trying to make excuses for him. Just saying I hope he is fine and is taking care of what's most important to him.

Yes I agree. I really hope that this long silence from Angelos is only due for work or family business. But it is funny that a person do not found 5 mins every month to quickly jump in the forum and say "everything fine, do not worry, I'm busy, please patience". Doing so the people would no longer worry ...

IWIRE

I agree Minamoto. It would be nice. Different people deal with situations in different manners though. Who am I to say what someone else should be doing when I have no idea what's going on in their life.
On our end it gets very frustrating because we want our lasers.
In the big picture lasers are really way down the list of what's truly most important to me.
I hope it works out for you soon.