Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Most dangerous laser user I have ever seen!!!

Looking through Instagram today I came across this guy. I was speechless at what I was seeing. This is going to really bum some people out and is exactly what we, the responsible users of these devices are up against. Complete sheer stupidity and utter recklessness! I left a comment on his video letting him know how lucky he is and he nearly was blinded for LIFE doing this stupid stunt!
https://youtu.be/QJTBg8Y5p_s

Last edited:

gozert

I literally have no words to describe this guys stupidity. You should send him a link to that guy on LPF who had a 1W laser hit his eye. Maybe that'll make him think twice before doing it next time.

I literally have no words to describe this guys stupidity. You should send him a link to that guy on LPF who had a 1W laser hit his eye. Maybe that'll make him think twice before doing it next time.

I did write him a message but will probably fall on deaf/stupid ears. I could report it to Instagram as inappropriate on the grounds of dangerous but it could be better left up with my comment below it explaining how utterly stupid this stunt was to do.

I just watched it again.... speechless. Its amazing how dangerous ignorance can be.

Last edited:
Wow, potential future Darwin award winner there in that video.

Thanks for sharing.

It's good you took the approach & sent him a message! If it falls on deaf ears, well at least he was warned. Maybe this person isn't aware of possible dangers with lasers? Possible. But common sense should kick in & tell you having a laser aimed at a mirror can result it in hitting your eye, along with it damage.

-Alex

It's good you took the approach & sent him a message! If it falls on deaf ears, well at least he was warned. Maybe this person isn't aware of possible dangers with lasers? Possible. But common sense should kick in & tell you having a laser aimed at a mirror can result it in hitting your eye, along with it damage.

-Alex
I agree brother. I wasn't rude nor did I shout at him I was just trying to honestly tell him a dangerous what he was doing he could lose his eyesight faster than he could blink. If I flame the guy he would just be defensive and write it off so hopefully he'll listen but I doubt it

Wow.
There are no comments on it, maybe he didn't like what you left...

Also, he's a double idiot for recording the playback of the video on his phone and uploading the video of the video.

Wow.
There are no comments on it, maybe he didn't like what you left...

Also, he's a double idiot for recording the playback of the video on his phone and uploading the video of the video.
No I recorded it and posted it to my YouTube so I could share it here. My comments were left on his Instagram account. I didn't tag at relabel it so it's not searchable.

Last edited:
I dunno about the most dangerous... at least he'd only blind himself in that video. I'd rather have him blind himself than someone else.

I dunno about the most dangerous... at least he'd only blind himself in that video. I'd rather have him blind himself than someone else.

I thought the same, the problem is if he's that stupid, he probably won't change his behavior towards other people.

Complete ignorance. This is probably his first laser that he has ever owned. I dont wish any harm on him but I wish he would learn a lesson and remove his video. If others watch this and try to cppy his stupidity it could be very harmful.

SB241

If being stupid were painful, there would be a lot of people walking around screaming!

NW all I can say is OMG who in their right mind gave that IDIOT a laser. I give it a couple days you will prob see him on the news for shining that darn thing at a cop, aircraft, vehicle or some other dumb a$$ stunt. People like that really need to be lobotomized for real! I mean really how frigging stupid can some one be. My two youngest kids know better than that. They know that they need their safety glasses and never to point that laser at a shinny object or something similar. They only have >5 mw but they respect that it can hurt them. Reminds me of USABRO and the drilling the diode stupid. any way sorry with my rant on with the thread