Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Max output for a 635 nm laser, while affordable?

anselm

I think now you are officially the member with the brightest handheld red beam,
right after reginak of course.:D

rhd

Maybe I can hold the banner for "Brightest DIY Portable Red" ? :)

Last edited:

jakeGT

I was gonna say, h mike has a c mount build in progress I think and also 532 with envy may just take your spot with his c mount rhd!

But for now we can say you hold that record!

rhd

Hmmm, I think 532WithEnvy has decided to go the labby route, so I'm safe there.

To my knowledge, I don't know of a portable 635nm C-Mount from H Mike yet. That would be awesome though.

jakeGT

somebody needs to make a 635nm c mount host, that already has optics installed into a module for the C mount diode, that would make these c mounts alot easier to do, and we would probably see alot more high powered 635 builds

rhd

Honestly - I don't understand why more C-Mount hosts aren't made. It would be relatively simple. You could create a two-part heatsink "sandwich" with an indented cavity in one for the diode, and an M9x0.5 thread in the other for an aixiz lens.

I think it sucks that we really only see 12mm Aixiz heatsinks 99% of the time here. I mean I understand why (demand), but you'd think that at least one of our many skilled members would have honed in on this market, and developed a niche for C-Mount heatsinks. Especially since so many of them are now available with FAC lenses, making it much more reasonable to use them in pointers without bulky optics.

Last edited:

Johnyz

A chinese green laser with a c-mount pump diode could be salvaged for that - mount is already there, just remove the crystals and replace diode lens with Aixiz lens, then move the whole assembly forward to make focusing possible. Also, I think I'll get the HL6388 for myself in a month or two.

Since outrageously high power 808nm c-mounts are available: imagine a 5W/10W 808nm c-mount to pump a 473 or 589, that would be like a handheld CO2!! (They would need something bigger than 18650 through... D cells or 26650's or something even bigger)

Last edited:

LSRFAQ

6388 is a still a narrow stripe after collimation. 61633 wins every time.

I've ran both. I would not exceed 50 mA of overdrive on the 61633 for any length of time.

I killed one during testing. They like good heatsinking and they need a Lasorb across them.

Steve

Last edited:
Can anyone here tell me about the 500mw C-mount 635nm diode? Can it be pushed far beyond the 500mw mark? If so, how far and what would be the safest max current?

Are the beam specs on this C-mount as horrible as the 5.6mm 300mw?

Thanks,
Jeff