Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits

I love these new drivers too   :cool:
Thanks for your great work DrLava  ;)

Yes. It is going from 65 to 100 and back to 65 over and over and over again. These drivers don't have a set start and stop point. They require only minor turns to increase the ma. I think that a quarter turn is all it takes to cycle through the entire range. I could be wrong but that is what it seemed like when I was setting the current on mine.

yobresal said:
Yes. It is going from 65 to 100 and back to 65 over and over and over again. These drivers don't have a set start and stop point. They require only minor turns to increase the ma. I think that a quarter turn is all it takes to cycle through the entire range. I could be wrong but that is what it seemed like when I was setting the current on mine.
Yep, they are very sensitive...

drlava

Thanks for the feedback guys. It makes the weeks of design work worth it :)

As for the pot, the full range is about 260 degrees, there are about 100 degrees of 'error you shouldn't have turned it there' ;) When the flat part of the top of the pot is facing the long edge of the driver, that is exactly halfway of the distance (but not halfway of the current range usually).

yobresal said:
Read the instructions the resistors need to be jumped if you require higher current. Not to be rude but it sounds like your hitting
a current bump stop. Try hopping the next resistor over and gow down in current then ramp back up slowly cause once you
hit the other side of the pot then wham. You should use a Dummy load for preset. :)

G

gbl

I asked a preset of 120 mA. Is that safe ? (for the diode)

PD: thanks lasersbee

I placed my new order, thanks!

Thanks, just got mine :)

They are even smaller than the V3 I think :O

Just got mine, but I can't get the pot adjustment right? I'm probably doing something wrong but it won't stop. Meaning I can turn it forever without it resisting....any help?

daguin

turtleboy35 said:
Just got mine, but I can't get the pot adjustment right? I'm probably doing something wrong but it won't stop. Meaning I can turn it forever without it resisting....any help?

There is nothing to physically "stop" it but you.  If you keep turning it around and around, you WILL break it.

Peace,
dave

so how do I know when it is fully turned to the right or left?

daguin

turtleboy35 said:
so how do I know when it is fully turned to the right or left?

The current will go back to the other extreme. If you are turning it up, it will suddenly drop to the bottom. If you are turning it down, it will suddenly jump to the top. This is one of the reasons we recommend using a test load. You could blow a diode in an instant this way.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=turtleboy35 link=1209418066/912#923 date=1236992709]so how do I know when it is fully turned to the right or left?

The current will go back to the other extreme.  If you are turning it up, it will suddenly drop to the bottom.  If you are turning it down, it will suddenly jump to the top.  This is one of the reasons we recommend using a test load.  You could blow a diode in an instant this way.

Peace,
dave[/quote]
Thanks dave, appreciate the help.

Just placed an order for 2 FlexDrives and one glass lens module.

This Google Checkout is a bit dodgy: first, using IE, I couldn't push the "place order now" button for completing the transaction - probably because ActiveX is disabled; but there was no notice of any kind. Next I tried FF, and it worked.
Then I checked by email in-box. I found an order confirmation, AND a request to confirm my e-mail-address. Once I clicked the link in it, I got "Thank you. You can use your account now." or similar... looks like it is not really required to confirm the address in order to place orders :eek:

I just placed an order for one. I can't wait for it to get here :D

morphs

I just finished 2 builds with the new drivers and I am wondering what happened to the soft start in these v4's??

Status
Not open for further replies.