Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers and Girlfriends

In a World with a Culture of Self Centered People I do not see the mass of mankind Applying whats needed, something Drastic would have to Change Everything. Until then Mankind will Do what they Feel Like Rather than whats best long Term.

@JaiNobeZ I think your Theory Has already been done in mankind's history, With such a Strong Physiological Reaction to Sex I do not think You can just make it so "Atomistic" and Detach it from the even Chemical reaction we have in our brains. Men wouldn't suffer so much because honestly "Most" don't think about it (it's True) But Women I think will always have a issue and would never be able to fully separate them selfs.

Last edited:

(I'm doing a total Devil's Advocate here, but it's fun)

No Krogith. You're going to so violently disagree. But no. An ideal scenario is one in which everyone is accepting of contraception and all relationships are open and sex is an activity purely for fun, not an activity binding a couple.

Relationships would then need to be formed on something meaningful rather than lust. There would be no jealousy at physical infidelity and everyone would be far more carefree. People would then come off the contraception when attempting to have a child, and during that time they would only engage in sex with their partner. Once pregnant, once more it wouldn't matter (until they were so heavily pregnant that they couldn't manage it).

Why don't we do it? The idea makes people gag. :D

Actually I know a few people like that. I'm not one of them, and really can't understand "swingers" but aside from having sex with anything that moves:confused: they are nice people. It was super weird when the wife grabbed by oblong object though;) that's where I stopped it though. Just too weird for me.

...Hmmm... yeah, that did occur to me. My guess would be that women (while possessing the ability to) don't want to waste the potential for the higher cognitive ability on something which does not serve a direct functional purpose.

Still doesn't make sense to me. I mean the abilities/hobbies that women find weird/strange, and off putting are actually those that can be super functional. The knowledge and understanding of something like lasers should be a plus, not a minus.

In an emergency I'm probably one of the very best people to have around due to being a bit of a paranoid survivalist, but all other other times having a knife a flashlight, a pen, and a lighter is just "strange" or "weird". I had a girl go through my left pocked where I have keys, knife, flashlight, tactical pen... and while she did find what she was looking for (next to my pocket;)) she also was put off by me having all kind of stuff in my pockets.

Haha! "Man pockets" is a phrase i'm quite fond of. I have keys, wallet (both also chained to my belt loops), fingerless gloves, lighter (sometimes a zippo and a torch-burner, and occasionally more), laser (although generally more than one, i sometimes have one around my neck and another in my pocket and if carrying a lot i take my bag), phone, possibly a little plastic bag full of some pyrotechnic compound and\or a screwdriver. I used to keep a round of blasting caps and a rubber band (no connection between them) in a hidden inside-pocket on my blazer and as i kid for a while i kept a single firecracker and a rigged disposable lighter on my inside hidden coat pocket.

If i'm going out anywhere exciting i carry a backpack with a bottle of water, extra layer, pencil & sharpener. Me & my dad often have competitions to see who has the most awesome stuff in their pockets.

Not something women can understand ;)

^^ I'm going steal that Idea and make a thread on that, would be funny^^

Nice. My EDC pocket carry: Keychain with Leatherman Squit multi tool, 1.5" knife, nail clippers, and aside from other keys, handcuff key. My wallet contains steel card which supposedly has 10+ uses, but really works well for a bottle opener. I also carry two 3" knives, one tactical one general use, a cree multi mode 300lumen flashlight, tactical pen, and a lighter, and over past 6 months or so at least one laser pointer. Phone is on a belt holster.

Same as you I tend to expand what I carry when going somewhere interesting. When I used to smoke I also carried a portable hand torch:D

Really women just never got that, but the look their faces when they asked for a light... as one of my friends put it at the time, asking me for a lighter is like asking crocdile dundee for a knife:D

The Above concept isn't right because Women have purses with like 10X's what we have in our Pockets...

LOl and They also Share what is in each others...

Last edited:
I keep my 405 in my "handbag" >.>

When's the last time a guy went rummaging around in your handbag though;) One girl yelled at me, she jumped on my lap... rather unexpectedly... and my tactical pen poked her, we were all :friend::drunk: so it was :crackup:

umss

When's the last time a guy went rummaging around in your handbag though;) One girl yelled at me, she jumped on my lap... rather unexpectedly... and my tactical pen poked her, we were all :friend::drunk: so it was :crackup:

Jai does all the time.
Apart from that, no one else really.

^^ I'm going steal that Idea and make a thread on that, would be funny^^

There was already a thread about whether you carry a laser with you all the time. But yeah, that thread sounds fun. It looks funny when i empty my pockets onto a table or something.

Nice. My EDC pocket carry: Keychain with Leatherman Squit multi tool, 1.5" knife, nail clippers, and aside from other keys, handcuff key. My wallet contains steel card which supposedly has 10+ uses, but really works well for a bottle opener. I also carry two 3" knives, one tactical one general use, a cree multi mode 300lumen flashlight, tactical pen, and a lighter, and over past 6 months or so at least one laser pointer. Phone is on a belt holster.

Same as you I tend to expand what I carry when going somewhere interesting. When I used to smoke I also carried a portable hand torch:D

Really women just never got that, but the look their faces when they asked for a light... as one of my friends put it at the time, asking me for a lighter is like asking crocdile dundee for a knife:D

I have in my wallet my oyster card (gives us British kids free travel on buses) along with money. I wouldn't dare carry a knife because there's a 4 year sentence here if you're caught carrying one without a good reason and, while i think there is a minimum size for that rule applying, there's a big scare on at the moment about teenagers with knives so if i got stop-searched they would definitely take the knife and i'd probably end up in a police station for a while. I used to have my phone on a belt holster, but the clip came off. Been meaning to fix it or buy a new one actually... i was quite fond of it.

And, i don't smoke either. I just love fire. Not something i can explain... haha. Although one time some stranger asked me for a lighter and, upon seeing the bright blue flame of the slightly rigged torch-burner, ran off with it. I never saw him again :(. I got one that was identical shortly afterward, but anyway. I don't hand my lighters to strangers anymore.

And i missed an item off the list, my inhaler. Not too exciting.

@Jai

Dude, explore her pants pockets instead!!! A LOT MORE FUN!:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Chez doesn't really wear pants (or "trousers" as we tend to call them - for us "pants" means underwear :crackup) she always wears skirts. They do have pockets but as far as i'm aware the only thing in them is her iPhone. Which i proceed to steal frequently and dispense of in appropriate waste disposal units.

I'd rather reach my hand down her cleavage, tbh. That's where she keeps all her exciting things :whistle:

I decided a few years ago that I wasn't going to tolerate stress in a romantic relationship.
There are a few things that precipitate stress more than others:
1. Marriage, doesn't work... period...
2. Kids, I personally don't ever want kids or the troubles that come with them.
3. Drama, if you are looking for it, you can easily spot the drama queens.
4. Financially co-existing, this one turns nasty pretty easily.
5. Clingy, kinda the same as drama, but if either of you is clingy it probably isn't gonna work out.
6. Incompatible intelligence, date your integer...

Once I decided what I didn't want it only took about a month to find what I was interested in.
This has been my longest relationship (over 2.5 years), I have NO stress, we enjoy one another any time we are together but can go for a week or more without wondering "is he/she mad at me?"
We are of the same mind on marriage, children, financial affairs could be an issue (she has more than I do and I don't want ANY of it) but we got that sorted when I told her that if I didn't pay (at least most of the time) we wouldn't go anywhere together.
She has hobbies that she loves and that makes her a complete person without my presence.
*edit* I have always believed that 2 people aren't two halves of a whole, instead two whole people make one another's lives even better.
Of course I'm leaving out a lot but you get the idea.
Life is great and there is NO reason it shouldn't be.

*She also loves lasers*

Last edited:
Doesn't sound fun :(

Are you kidding?
Without all the other stuff that causes stress, all we DO together is have fun.
I'm teaching her how to snorkel, she taught me how to sew (I wanted kevlar pants).
We have sex more often than any teenager I know of.
We take random trips, always spur of the moment.
She comes over to my place whenever she wants, leaves whenever she wants, and its the same for me at her place.

Basically we don't fall into a routine and ignore one another, the time we spend together IS together.

What part of it is distant?
When we are together, we DO things.
Yesterday we drove into Calgary, browsed princess auto together, joking about things as we went. Then we had lunch at a great, inexpensive restaurant she had never been to before.
We went to Direct buy and hashed out ideas for the house she is about to build. The other Princess Auto was near there so we browsed that one too ;) Went over to the swimming pool for a while, took in a movie (that sucked but we spent the whole time making fun of it). On the way home she had the brainwave that she wanted a peking duck so we went to a wierd a$$ asian grocery store that smelled like wet dog and we couldn't tell what anything was (no english on the labels) unless it was recognizable (like the octopus wrapped around a rotten duck egg ^_^ )
We found a couple of decent things, she teased me about my sweet tooth (but the rock sugar was only $1.25/ box!!!).
Then we went back to her place and watched a movie together.
Most couples I know ONLY hang out, both people can be in the same room but they are rarely "together"

I agree with Chez, But AUTO you should not get offended, You just have a different way that you want to live and you found someone that is so far compatible with it. No Problem at All, just a different outlook. And a different way you wish to live and have your "Own" completeness.

I choose to look at it and Live as, We are 2 Wholes that then become One Whole. My Woman is part of me and her pain is my pain. One flesh. We complete each other, yes we spend time apart and have our own hobbies we enjoy. But We Are Eternal Best Friends you build a life together and share the experience and Grow with.

I'm not saying you Don't enjoy parts of that as well we just want to live and look at it differently is all